Discussion: Patch Notes July 11th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

mm, he does look pretty much the same. 41 nora for his stats too, same as chrono.

2. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Ol' CC actually looks bearable to deploy now. With Torrent and Aura 2, he's 98 nora (just shy of the perfect X4/9 CD breakpoint), but with Assimilate and Dead Eater in the second upgrade path, it does seem counter-intuitive to swarm. Personally, I don't think it would be a bad idea to move swarm into the upgrade path, and move Torrent to base, that way you're not being forced to wiggle around how you want to do damage if you take the globe interactions. Also, I support torrent proc'ing propagate again, though being able to drop a carrionling pretty much on demand every other round may or may not be too much.

3. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I actually think more runes are playable now than before this last pricing update. I've seen quite a few different battlegroups playing good matches when watching ranked games. That is a very good thing. The more variety, the more interesting and exciting this game will be.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Everything is too cheap though

5. Gaedel

Not an issue. Now if some things are too cheap while more is too expensive, now that would be an issue. If everything is considered too cheap, that just means BOTH sides will be deploying runes more often. I do not see a problem. "Everthing is too cheap" is much better than "everything is too expensive" as well. The more runes that can see play, the better all around. I love watching matches that have more champions on the field. The games that have been going on for 20 minutes and I only see 3-4 champs per side on the field, that's boring. 30 runes in a battlegroup. Let's play more!

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Okay, the wrong runes are cheap. The runes that should be "expensive" are cheap and the runes that should be cheap are expensive. Make sense? oh well

7. Gaedel

Then there is an issue. I like the fact that the expensive ones are cheaper, but once we find a middle ground for all runes, we're good and gold. The goal is to make everything affordable and playable. None should be too expensive where it does not see play. Bringing the "wonky" ones back to par will be the next goal, I think. Once the reasons for the "wonkiness" is discovered, then the solution should be implemented. Gather all the "wonky" ones, put them in a spreadsheet, find similarities that might cause them to be priced incorrectly, discover the cause and implement the solution.

8. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Alot of this is good discussion. I agree with some, i disagree with some. Despite that, its good that we are having the conversation and trying to find a good place for runes and the game at large.
    I know that Gedden said he is listening and wants out feedback to get the rune costing and overall gameplay to a satisfactory and fun place.

However it seems that "we" complain when things cost too much, then when things get recosted, "we" complain that they cost too cheap.
    I understand that this was true on both sides of the revamp and recosting patch, im aware of that.
    Im just more worried about coming off ungrateful and hypocritical as a community.
    They put alot of work into this and its deflating when everything you change to apease people they just turn around and complain about it some more.
    After awhile it seems like "we" can't be pleased and the effort is wasted.

Even though alot of this stuff does need to be looked at, i guess im more so concerned about the time between recieving and complaining and also the tone of the complaints.
    We still have work to do, i think they know that and are eager to get things right. I just wished there was a little more appreciation and respect in some of the post.

9. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

We theorized that the Disturbed Spirit currently has a legacy cost added to it. Deserved or not, still worth mentioning that his base stats cost him 26 nora. (The haunting spirit's exact same base stats cost 3 nora. So they both seem off.)