Discussion: Planar Disturbances Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jul 27, 2016.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Source?

2. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

A lot of good changes in this patch, particularly the love shown to the fae and especially the faeguard.

Tweek516, Qucas and Xirone like this.
  3. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Why did Marsh Gargantua lost trail:water w/o any nora reduction? This is a huge unnecessary nerf...

Edit: Actually it went down 5 nora... but still see this as a nerf and unnecessary change...

Qucas and jeeperz2 like this.
  4. Zetsu

Zetsu The King of Potatoes

Colossal Boa got rekt. >.>

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Notes:
    Moog lost Trail Water and kept Plant Regeneration. He is well and truly dead.
    Firk (Hunter: Soultapped) and Salaman (Arcblade) got taps. Fry is dead as a battlegroup theme.

Only think that got buffed was swift current. Overall impressions: Meh.

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I think it looks pretty good for KF, actually. I am most excited to try out Timber Wolves again after its poor nerf a while ago. The change to Dreambox is one I've been wanting for a while (the relic now only steals a relic deployed from the runedock, a big change!). Fairy Trickster looks great now that she has two good debuffs (Hex and Pin Down). Wizard of Ways looks decent, too, with dual basic attacks now. Amareth's Lexicon will be useful still after the round of Hunter: X nerfs thanks to Deflect of Fairies.

Oh yeah, Arrowsinger's change isn't that big. It is a little cheaper and has Vulnerable instead of Defenseless (which will help her survive). I will miss Heart Strike on her though.

For the negatives, Rally the Herd only being -5 nora away from Quickening seems a bit much because of the race restriction. That spell is super strong, though, and we all knew it would be nerfed if Centaur became a thing. Also, Lifeshield (now Mystic Opposition) seems shoeboxed. That spell now protects a single champion from a single-target spell for 8 turns for 25 nora (the champion doesn't even heal if it triggers anymore). I wish that spell would refund part of its cost if 8 turns go by and the spell's effect wasn't triggered. It seems like you invest some nora upfront for a somewhat limited timespan of protection against a subset of spells for a single champion.

Overall, this patch was pretty good, I think.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Tweek516 and super71 like this.
  7. Xirone

I didn't even notice the loss of Earthbound. Nice!

8. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Overall a good patch. I'm very pleased that a lot of percentage calculation go away in the patched abilities.

But...
    There is a typo in Hunter Small?
    Reclaim can still be used on your own summoned relic and get a lower CD!?
    Why the nerf to Shatter Summoned?

P.S.: KF can die in UD fire...

Qucas, chris0024 and Xirone like this.
  9. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

:eek:

10. 4NIK8

The increase in AP cost alone would make it less abusable, but is still runnable. The main hit to Fry bgs was actually the loss of paralytic feedback on Shock Toad and loss of Fry on Murkwurm... Now there's only two really squishy frogs and a tortun with it... Nice way of killing a theme.

Qucas and doubtofbuddha like this.
  11. Xirone

Yeah, it isn't a super tank anymore. It does do more damage now to small champions (+2) while being 5 nora cheaper. There is something to be said for its excellent HP:NORA ratio. It is an overall nerf to the champ, though.

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Planar Disturbances is now Live!

Tweek516, Gnomes, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  13. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

You damn fast!

14. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

@Senshu Does the bundle come with 2 or 3 boxes?

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Murkwurm did not lose Fry.

16. 4NIK8

Any reason behind Mika's buff other then zealotry? Like it wasn't a meta unit already right!?

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Almost all changes fall into one of 2 categories this time around:
    • Champion Runes missing a Class got one
    • Consolidation of Abilities (Hunter/Foe/Black Death, etc. all work the same way now)

Kampel likes this.
  18. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The pedes changes <3

Dissappointed on the lack of tortun changes

Sandstriker changes <3

+1 on deploy gattling CD, ouch :c

19. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Transfusion combo just got slightly better with enslave buff.

20. 4NIK8

Creating a unique healing ability which is basically an undercosted Heal Mass 3 is not exactly what I call Consolidation of Abilities...