Discussion: Planar Disturbances Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Holy Fk goblin are cool, finnaly forged dem kings and damn they are hilarious to play. also the new goblin is 120 hp with banner and boost for 72 nora! also sism/shatter

super71 and Lushiris like this.
  2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov Xulos has deck limit 2.

Also, you are able to earn the campaign LE at any time as long as you own the campaign, right? It's not time/event-sensitive I mean.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@Sokolov rift spirits summoned from arroyo portals are not affected by Warbanner

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So, I finally managed to read the patch notes (kinda) and my impression is that the game is shifting towards cheap meat spam again, with all the nora cost reductions and "normal" units costing around 60 nora, or less.
    You guys dont learn, do you?

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

well, take it from someone who actually plays the game. You're wrong. good Job

Kampel and newsbuff like this.
  6. Pedeguerra

Playing the game and knowing the game are different skills.
    So yeah, coming from you I'm not convinced.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Wasn't that Gedden's exact logic when he started the revamp?

8. Pedeguerra

Yep, except Gedden had been absent from the game for like, 8 years?
    And it wasnt an "on" and "off" thing, he simply didn't touch the game until they reacquired it.
    But please, do expand on the point you are trying to make here.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Burning Sands
    • Nora Cost increase (+5)
    • Cooldown increase (+1)

Who the Firk is on koolaid?

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

That is not worth

11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

tbh I didn't realize I was getting a LI Xulos instead of a third box. Feel like it was a bit of a bait-and-switch, particularly with the image showing 3 boxes.

super71 likes this.
  12. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

He's not wrong. Champions have gotten significantly cheaper and efficient over time. Not quite sure when it comes to every faction, but if you ask me about ST then that is indeed the case. Not the first time I've told people this either, we've been going full circle for quite a while hence my lack of understanding when it comes to direction and that which is intended at this point.

13. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Why the major nerf on crystals? The whole core of them was control the board with fascinate and bring the enemies closer. Now two major aspects have been removed. Fascinate and Restricting Luminescence. It is not like crystals were ever great to begin with. The removal of fascinating lumi removes their strategy.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Even die hard ST players couldnt tell you where a champ would end up after moving around with 3-4 Fascinates.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Even I can't tell you, at least not during a game.

16. Pedeguerra

Thanks bud.
    But yeah, it was something that the revamp brought, stayed for a while and Sok did a heck of a job trying to revert it.
    Now, I'm not saying that cheap meat spam is the meta nowadays, nor I think it might be the "direction" the game is taking, simply because I wouldnt know.
    However, and this is a fact, there were a LOT of nora cost decreases on abilities, which by consequence makes champions cheaper as a whole. Not to mention, there were a lot of units in this patch that got blank cost reductions, with no explanation of why.
    Just take a look at the units released, a lot of them are around the 60ish nora mark, and this is a big turn off for me.
    Maybe Sok wants to take this direction again, because when you have cheaper minions its much easier to make use of relics and equips.
    But I'm pretty sure he really doesnt know what direction he wants to take, so he just bend over to players will constantly bothering him to buff champs and whanot.
    Which is convenient, since there is a big release coming and he cant afford to lose players.

JellyBerry, Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Crystals were very strong the last few months

18. horrible

horrible Devotee of the Blood Owl

You missed Hekation Voidraker.

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

These are the things that affected the cost of the runes since DOG took over:
    • Revamp removed a lot of base abilities
    • Formula adjustments
    • Recosting of abilities (in some cases associated with nerfs)
    • Other kit redesigns (usually away from having multiple high cost abilities on the same champion, but in some cases the return of signature abilities)
    Depending on which one of these we are talking about, and when, they either increased or decreased the efficiency of champions. I'd say, overall, yes, champions became cheaper than before the DOG revamp, but "significantly... over time" is a bit of an overstatement. The last two major formula adjustments increased cost in general as RNG increased in cost and mid-to-high HP champions increased in cost as well as high DEF champions

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Kampel likes this.