Discussion: Pox Nora at PlayStation Experience Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I don't agree with you, just as it is perfectly fine to say you like something yet don't explain why, I believe it's perfectly fine to express your opinion of not liking something without explaining why. Let alone being "mean" (wtf?). Sure, it is not constructive criticism, but that's why I phrased my question the way I did; "Is that really the best we can do with the UI?". Maybe someone will take another look and go, "hmm, he's right, we can do much better" or reply "hmm, hey buddy, this isn't the final UI" or "hmm, yes this is the best we can do with the UI, if you don't like it then too bad". All of these are perfectly fine answers. I also have no clue about UI design, all I know is that this doesn't look appealing to me.
    So yeah, I believe you are wrong.

I'mma play along however and state that I do not like the following:

font on nora amount on top left
    huge empty space on bottom middle
    ap counter (placement and design)
    rune name font and color
    height and location placement, font, size
    controls location
    the huge banners
    few other things that I have difficulty explaining
    this whole image looks like an unmixed music track, it doesn't look coherent and fleshed out, it looks like pieces of different UI's put together

It just looks unappealing. Not saying it looks worse than the current one (debateable), I just hoped it would be much more.

Valkyr likes this.
  2. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Honestly the new client should have been released to the pc side first and the kinks worked out.After this is worked out than have the game released on psn.I just hope their was some extensive testing on this new client before it is being release because it would be a bad first impression on new players coming from the psn side.I really would like this game to succeed and get a nice fanbase again.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Anima26 and jeeperz2 like this.
  3. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

This is great news! So, you can trade your runes to Playstation once, so gotta make sure you get what you want before then. One concern, is that really, you have to choose between playing long-term on PC or PS4, as I don't think anyone will want to buy expansion runes on both platforms. Too back it can't pull from the same database "on the fly". Now that would be awesome. Too bad the technology isn't there, but most likely it's all due to competition between platforms.

Great job, Pox team!!!

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Did you see the new dank rune info panel that Sok posted, though?

5. Morfeas

Have I missed something? :eek:

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

yes, as part of the client update he showed a thingy mah jiggy which displayed the abilities and stats of the selected rune and it looked dung diddly dope

7. Morfeas

BUT WHERE CAN I SEE ITTT

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

9. Morfeas

Pretty nice!

Although the "71" still looks like shiet and is off-center.

10. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Just a thought, can we remove the space warsarticle kickstarter from the front page? Even though it was news and it was quite sad that it didnt' continue, having a link to a cancelled kickstarter page is not really good advertisement.

TeaNinja, Qucas, darklord48 and 2 others like this.
  11. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

If this were to happen I might check out the game again.

SPiEkY and darklord48 like this.
  12. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

yea. this,,,,
    can you guys ballpark it,? 2 weeks 2 months?,,, I definitely wanna do a lil homework before I commit to
    a vita.....im not really interested in vita games overall,,, would just be a portable pox.

and just so im super clear..
    I can move back and forth, pc to vita/ps accounts..
    but trading can be done on pc only?
    I can live with that. ....but what about ps4 players?

SPiEkY and Kampel like this.
  13. rheinhart

Whats a good price on a used vita?

14. bambino

quick search on ebay showed them averaging at 140$ more or less...
    not sure about gamestores...
    but then theres that mem card issue. sucha friggin rip off,,, I think that move cost them alot of customers, ,, should have just allowed standard type of memory (minisd¿),, the system itself is very nice. so greedy.

how much mem is pox anyway? to lazy to check. at work.

15. rheinhart

oh ok thanx not sure how to check the pox mem but I know 3ds did it right with the sd card included with 3ds for 100 bucks at black friday had to buy a charging cable for 10 bucks though^^Honestly think 3ds is better than vita game titlewise.Saw a refurbished vita on ebay for about 120 shipped ^^

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I do not understand this. Zero damage? what is the blue hp and the red hp?

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Current HP and Max HP.

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

max hp, to limit abilities that increase hp? dose this affect faction bonuses, dose this affect banners? dose this effect boost?

bambino likes this.
  19. rheinhart

Weren't these exos released like over 5 months ago?

20. bambino

was wondering as well....