Discussion: Pox Nora at PlayStation Experience Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 29, 2016.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

With the Forge rates and packs prices as they are, the f2p model is already more generous than Hearthstone, Duelyst, and the general standard established by similar games.

Woffleet, SireofSuns, davre and 4 others like this.
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

The free to play model is pretty free to be honest. Sure, you can't be competitive without spending some money or SERIOUS grind, but at the current rate, it is at least decent to new players.

What could be slightly improved however, is balance. I feel right now there is a large gap between a moderately good deck and an uber deck, due to: some runes having large advantages over others -

But this could be my biased take on the game. I think FW suffers from this more than other factions, because they do not have a bonus, and rely on more uber runes than other clans --> with that being said, I still find skeles and zombies relatively easy to aquire.

3. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Forgot about the packs adjustments. I think your underestimating new player's "quest" for their first decent bg. So of your not changing forge rates, I suggest making expansion runes forgeable on PS4.

4. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Ok. I saw that Poxnora was going to be on PSX so I came here.
    I think Poxnora could be successful on PS4 if done right.

It's great that I can transfer my almost complete UD collection runes to the ps4 version. That is great for people who don't want to play POX on PC anymore (like me).

Cross-platform multiplayer is great. We'll get beaten by TinyDragon on the PS4 (not a negative).

Now for my QnA:

What's the currency income for PS4? Is it easier to gain gold and shards on the PS4? I ask this because the ps4 won't be able to trade with PC.

How do we obtain runes on the PS4? Do we need to use Pox's site to get runes like we would normally do? Examples: forge and the gold marketplace?

Do you think there's an advantage for PC players over PS4 players? IF so, how do you compensate for that? Maybe increase turn time?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Call Sony tech support. By the time you get through call waiting you will be at the front of the line.

Qucas, Etherielin and Anima26 like this.
  6. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I kinda completely understand what this guy was trying to say.. $$$$

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Drag he people at the back to the front. They cant see where they are going with those headsets.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can't moving vr people without them knowing cause their brain to freak the Firk out

9. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I'm hoping we get a release date out of this event. Any sign of one at the booth?

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Ehhh, I don't think making the latest expansion automatically forgeable is a good idea. DOG does need some way to make money, and it isn't like the newest expansions are automatically better runes anyway (thank goodness it's not SOE anymore).
    Besides, the packs adjustments will make it incredibly easy to acquire runes at a fast enough pace to create decent bg's. 1000 gold for a pack, 1000 gold a day, means that in maybe as little as one to two weeks you can have at least a coherent bg.

Tweek516 likes this.
  11. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I have't tried VR yet. How would Pox look on VR, just curious? My imagination is picturing it awesome!

12. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I would say my grandsons are just as adept with a console controller as I am with a mouse. I'm not that great on a controller, and you can tell when we play Call of Duty. They are so quick with that thing it amazes me.

13. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

So, how was the Poxnora booth?

Gnomes likes this.
  14. SireofSuns

I hope lots of people like it. :)

15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Still hanging' waiting patiently for the new client.

TeaNinja, Whiris, SireofSuns and 3 others like this.
  16. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Why PC master race lol

17. rheinhart

Is their any timetable on when this new client is coming out other than "soon"?

18. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Soon...ish?

TeaNinja, Etherielin, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  19. SireofSuns

Sooner.

20. rheinhart

Typical pox timetable lol

redChapel likes this.