Discussion: Pox Nora on PlayStation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Fixed my image in the earlier post.

Gnomes likes this.
  2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Okay, cool. Seeing the nora you generate is good.

Gnomes likes this.
  3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

SO MUCH HYPE!
    Few things to note. does new client mean no more lag after playing for half an hour?
    does new client mean map graphics updated? making the map more "Alive" like the clouds and water on some maps? maybe have wind breezing through grass and birds chirping on specific maps ect... I LOVE MYSELF SOME IMMERSION
    Will the ps4 players be playing with pc players? Might be good if not just so we dont crush them to much because many of us dont have a ps4. it will be noob, wet noodle fight.
    how long?
    are we getting rid of the little horns on the pox rune border? (I know i know, i ask the important questions.)
    How is the new client?! ill go look up unity right now! :D

Anyway im really happy and proud of you guys! love to hear ill be able to play this game with my kids even, this game will be eternal!
    SO MUCH HYPE

because of my excitement, ill be liking everybodys post on this subject to make their day, because this made mine!

Gnomes, Over and out.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  4. Qucas

Qucas Guest

So turn timers might end up being two minutes? I know a lot of people have requested that, so I see no problem with it. Also, wouldn't acidic gale make showing the other person's nora bad?

Gnomes likes this.
  5. Sokolov

It'll mean that the CURRENT causes of lag will be gone. Hopefully the new code doesn't have any leaks or issues, but there's no way to guarantee that with 100% certainty.

In-game graphics are largely staying the same for now, but the new client should make it easier to improve things later on. Out of game assets will be updated as the previews show.

The intention is absolutely cross-platform, but there are some hurdles to scale first.

Soon (tm)

Maybe.

Unity is just a game engine, so it won't give you much insight.

themacca, Gnomes and Qucas like this.
  6. Sokolov

Most likely, yes.

Boozha, Tweek516, soulmilk and 2 others like this.
  7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

The new players won't be able to use pox points or poxbox right? how are they going to get their runes?

Will we be getting new ingame music?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    jeeperz2 likes this.
  8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

9. Dreaddoll

Dreaddoll Devotee of the Blood Owl

very good news buts lets be honest here... Nobody plays on vita anymore and why would anyone get this on the ps4...? This game screams for an android version...

Gnomes likes this.
  10. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

It would be great if there was an option to display abilities and status effects as text instead of the pictures. I'm sure PlayStation players would like that feature too. Because hovering over every ability that has ranks or shares a picture with something else to find out what exactly the ability is is really annoying.

Gnomes likes this.
  11. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Hopefully the trade section in game gets more love after this happens

Gnomes likes this.
  12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This is definitely an area we haven't overlooked. Just not ready to reveal any details at the moment as it is still in development.

Gnomes likes this.
  13. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Nora Drain for autoinclude 2017!!?
    OMG WTF BBQ :eek::eek::eek::confused: Already can't wait for the exciting new mysterious feature. ... it better be good!

Gnomes likes this.
  14. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Sounds great can't wait to see it released! However, I don't like the idea of nora being public, it hurts a decent portion of the strategy behind this game.

Gnomes likes this.
  15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

buff it to instantly win the game if themacca casts it

Gnomes likes this.
  16. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

My body was not ready.

Gnomes, Qucas and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  17. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I honestly think nora being public information will remove a small portion of strategy in this game, yet, it will also add some to the other side of the scale. Nora becoming public will increase awareness and will aid in counterplay, but do keep in mind, things like Cancel Magic or any other hidden spell effect will, technically, become public. Public nora will become problematic and remove the, what I consider is an important aspect of the game, "think for yourself and anticipate."

Ballballer, Gnomes and oyo97 like this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Gnomes likes this.
  19. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

I'm sure it can be simplified in terms of controls. Right stick/d pad for fast pan square, triangle etc for attacks ability 1 so on, x to select. Depending on the speed of the cursor the time would work well as is.

Gnomes likes this.
  20. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I think poxnora is too complicated/niche for playstation players and the fast paced easy to learn games they are used to,like shooting games.

bambino, super71 and Gnomes like this.