Discussion: Pox Nora on PlayStation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are some effects that may warrant a change due to nora being public information. But as I said, it's a wishlist item so it won't be part of the initial launch in all likelihood anyway.

soulmilk, electus1 and Qucas like this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Eh ... I don't think FS, for example, has two runnable hidden effects at the same nora cost. If it's 35 nora, it's poison trap, if it's 45, it's backfire, if it's 55, it's backfire boon. I'm pretty sure there will need to be some accounting for this in order to keep hidden effects runnable.

Edit: Sok snuck between us, I guess his post is a good reply. I trust him to make reasonable changes that will keep the effects playable.

I also trust him to implement at least one of my rune ideas, or elsssssssse

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

He does that :)

Like he said it is a wish list item, with that said even if you knew what it specifically was you will have no idea where it was placed. The hidden global effects are another story, that needs to be assessed.

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Black Ops I knew thee well

super71 likes this.
  5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Being on PlayStation helped magic the gathering expand quite a lot

super71 and electus1 like this.
  6. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Is this only for PS4?

7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Did you notice? in that picture it says "L1/R1, cicle friendly units", "L2/R2 cicle enemy units", my guess is that this will end up being more comfortable with a controller.

Would USB controllers be an option for ppl playing in pc?

8. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Good question, this is for everyone. That way when we take advantage of some new SM3 effect or capability, everyone gets access to it, not just PS4.

We have been putting some real time into making sure pox is fun and playable with the dualshock 4 controller; Many kudos to Sok in this regard. Pox has a lot of information to display and requires a fair amount of interaction. Luckily the controller gives us a lot of options, so been its more about figuring out what we could do better on our next iteration vs just making it work at all.

Interactions will work the same on the PC (right click to pan map, left click to select etc), we will just inherently support other kinds of inputs as well.

Thats the plan. Currently we are focused on the dualshock4 controller (and vita interface), so support for major controllers on the PC would be very low hanging fruit. As always we can add more as we see player demand for it.

super71, Tweek516, izmocat and 9 others like this.
  9. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

He was referring to everyone playing games (fps games that require no thinking) so i made examples of games that do take thinking I understand bloodborne isn't the same as poxnora...However it does require you to think about what your doing as does poxnora.

It's funny cause if I recall correctly it was either Senshu or one of the devs that declined a rumor I heard that their was gonna be a poxnora 2.0 or new client^^Something about it being too much work to rework everything. lol

I agree but consoles are made for convenience and somewhat budget minded person I understand I can make a pc for around the 300-400 bucks it cost for a ps4 however if I wanna play The Last of Us,Bloodborne or Uncharted 4 than what?Say what you will but consoles have awesome exclusives that pc just don't have for me.They do make better versions of games such as Fallout 4 I'd play on pc and No Man's sky when it is released as well.A console can game and stream at same time btw not very well probably 30 fps if that but it can do multiple things at once.I'm guessing you were referring to surfing the net and playing poxnora or a game at the same time though.

Ya I compared them cause they take patience to learn the game and some type of thinking but ya you're right.Just was making a point not everyone is a fps gamer on ps4 I think the last fps I really played was Halo 2 tbh.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2016
  10. LuckyClucky

LuckyClucky The King of Potatoes

I remember a long time ago someone mentioned a possibility of turning poxnora into a ps game and im glad to see it finally happened. The only question i have is regarding accounts on whether or not we can use them to play both ps and pc or will we have to transfer our accounts like warframe did.

Oh and how are tourneys coming along... still starring at my 300+ tickets :D

11. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

If the whole thing is not cross-platform it is going to be a bad thing for the pc client. Just saying... But hey. Thats what API's are for.

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

13. warhead111

warhead111 The King of Potatoes

14. Boozha

Sigh ... The videos weren't even bad, and still they have a unholy like/dislike ratio. Are people that opposed to idea of having a game they have to think about? Are the graphics so important to them? No entiendo eso ...

15. Sokolov

This video seems to have a decent ratio:

16. Boozha

70/14 isn't a good ratio ._. But maybe it will improve once people actually know what they are clicking like about ...

17. Sokolov

83% seems pretty decent to me, tho the majority of videos do have 90+:

upload_2016-6-16_17-51-43.png

18. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Whats up with the ap on those champs? Some of the champs in the trailer have 16 ap.

19. Goett

Goett New Member

How is the marketplace, and buying/crafting runes going to be handled on the ps4; Will there be an in game interface marketplace with a PSN store buy-able currency, or will you need to use the PSN store to buy any runes/decks?

Runegod likes this.
  20. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

ay, you know I've supported yall mf's a long ass time now.
    all i wanna know is if I will be able to play against the console players from a computer and what not...

and real ish cuhz. Why come EVERY damn game they come out with these days is ps4 or die? WTF man
    I'm not gonna buy no ps4.

But I definitely am happy for pox in moving on and up with the times. Just not happy to hear it's ps4... ps3 even would be cool but... Firk ps4

Runegod likes this.