DISCUSSION: Pox Nora Patch Notes: 23.2.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Honest question: do you really believe those who oppose to f2p models are doing it because they want to hold some privilege?

2. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

While I understand where you are coming from, this sentiment really worries me. I am a former whale myself, but the way I see it is this:

How much is my collection worth to me if I don't feel like playing the game because the community is essentially dead? Zero.
    How much is my collection worth if the game gets shut down? Zero.
    How much is my collection worth if it's dramatically devalued and the game becomes more popular as a result? More than zero.

So basic math tells me that the only thing that matters is the long-term survival and popularity of the game. If that means that my collection has to be devalued, then so be it.

Valid point, which is why it's important to get this all sorted out before the game makes a push for new players again. In fact, I think it might be most healthy for all of us if we'd pretend that Pox Nora died (which it essentially did), and we are currently in the beta phase of Pox Desert Owl...

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

To a certain extent? Yes, be it conciously or subconciously. I'm not saying it's their fault, just a part of human's nature, in a sense. It doesn't mean I disrespect them, just that I can't agree with them. :p

4. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Funny how when the game was dying it was "please don't let it die, please save the game, we love pox" and now that its been saved its back to the same whinny self-entitled crying that plagued this community. Would it be so bad to stop wanting everything for free? Its a business and it needs to generate a profit. Furthermore they are working in steps.....its leagues better than how SOE handled the game. THEY (SOE) were purely price driven...and as a result the game started to die. Let Gedden and the crew do their thing. Stop feeling so entitled and just enjoy the game. So what you cant get every single rune you want...doesn't that kinda add to the mystic and value of each rune and the game itself. I cant stand you free to play cry babies. Its a great idea for the game to be free to play to an extent. But its also a collectible card game that I personally enjoy the collecting aspect of the game. So NO I don't want every new player to have access to every single rune in the game. NO I don't think its fair or a good idea to make everything attainable for free.

You should be able to play and enjoy the game for free yes. But this doesn't mean you have to have the best stuff or most sought after cards to do it. I agree that you shouldn't also be able to just purchase rank. But you will not be able to do this once the balance and bug issues are fixed. Yes rarity should equate to some kind of power level, however not the curb stomp your face in that SOE let it grow to. The pay to win system obviously failed. There needs to be a balance so that even those who haven't obtained the legendary and exotic runes can still compete.

I have faith that Gedden and the team will achieve this balance. When they do the game will be an epic success and the community will grow exponentially. So take pride in being part of the resurrection and journey to greatness. Stop whining and complaining. By all means offer feed back but stop being so negative.

I love pox and support it as do many other people who grew up with it, been around for years, or just started their addiction. But at no point does this give me a sense of entitlement. If anything it gives me a sense of pride and loyalty. Sit back and enjoy the ride!

5. Hehedu

Hehedu The King of Potatoes

I don't know if this has already been adressed, but I just checked the marketplace, and noticed that extended set boxes cost the same as expansion set boxes. 1755 DOG credits. Is it supposed to be that way? I mean should the Extended set box not be cheaper than the expansion set box?

6. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Seems fine tbh. the extended box is aimed at newer players. This encourages people who already own most of their runes to buy the latest ones and save their gold for the extended box.

7. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

For the comments towards the Rune Pool, I am sorry if you feel that you have been cheated by the system. If you feel that the system I currently have in place is not fair, I am more than willing to hear what your suggestions would be.

As it is, the model is set that normally stocked runes (which are runes of which we have 10-49 in stock of) have the set standard value, runes that are under stock have twice the value, runes that are overstocked have half the value, and the runes we have really a lot of (over 100) have an even lower value. I should note that even with this system, I still currently have 800 fire blasts, but are lacking some commons and uncommons in the pool.

At the end of the day, in general the principle that I have when I make trades in the Rune Pool is the following - If I would not be willing to accept the trade on the other side, AKA, if I would not be comfortable giving a complete refund, it is not a balanced trade.

I do my best every once in a while to buy a box (or 10) and dump it into the pool (which has personally been hurt by the combination of boxes due to the fact I can no longer target buy the boxes that I would need in order to flesh out the stock of the pool), but as it is, the rune pool has been built to be completely unsustainable, I have made the rules as they are to try to try to stall the inevitable, but yeah.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    DarkJello likes this.
  8. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

Daily reward decresed and box cost increased ... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :(

MageAstral likes this.
  9. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

There is already a lot of discussion about this topic here =/.

At the end of the day, the gold rates/prices will still be in flux and will be continuously monitored

10. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

You know? At first, I was upset as well. But now I'm thankful for the change. Because it help me to identify those who have no intention at all on spending a penny on the market, and were hoping to get everything for free. I mean, you noticed the box decreased the owl credits prices, right?

BansheeX likes this.
  11. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Overall a very good discussion. +1 folks

Page #11, here we come. ;)

12. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Yesterday i check changess 400 gold to 270 its 30% and price go up for 15% so 45% difference from before.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  13. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

If Poxnora have community of 20.000-30.000player it is okay to make patch like because , because newcomer play with newcomer. But what we have now? Newcomer dont want spend money(other game need 10-30$ to start play but here you need 200$ to be competive and only stupid people will spend this much just for test) before he fully test game and get fun from playing? And do you think its fun Zombo/Grind campagain for ages? Or it is fun playing ranked games against player who tons of Leg/Exo. While newcomer have nothing?

14. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Campaign rewards are still higher than under SOE.

15. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Isn't that irrelevant, since gold is used very differently now?

16. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

On a positive note they reduced the price for PAYING customers :)

JaceDragon likes this.
  17. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Oh like how you couldn't buy boxes with gold before? Great question.

G_Ro91 likes this.
  18. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I think you should be aware that when bgs are discussed (as in please 'please rate my bg), almost always budget options are discussed. You really don't need the shiny runes to win, but the more runes you have, the more flexibility you have while you build a battlegroup.

I noticed you focus only on the shiny runes your opponent plays as you don't own them and can't or won't trade/buy/forge them yourself. You forget the rare crusader who is snowballing in your font, the nightfall spider who will teleport towards your shrine, the darkmarsh fury and marsh troll who are overly effective, the kas champs that do more damage during my turns, st spells, catharsis bloom and occuli slag who heal and make the den mother impenetrable..., ethereal soldier who's reinforment is triggered by the shadestrikers shades and serpentor paradigm just laughs at all of them. (and SP is so OP that few people play it) All common to rare runes which were (SOE) often hard to find and who are now (DOG) forgable after a few days of playing.

19. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

It's still like 15$ for a box though, which is double what i want to pay for a gamble. It makes more sense for the most recent expansion/s because those would make up a much smaller rune pool (and thus better odds), but it doesn't make much sense for the extended box sets which have a gigantic rune pool.

Current prices are:
    10$ for a core box
    15$ for an extended box
    15$ for the newest expansion box

Prices i would like to see:
    6$ for a core box
    8$ for an extended box
    12-15$ for the newest expansion box

It's fine for gold prices to be much higher, in order to make the Owl Credit (what a lame name...) values seem more reasonable.

20. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

Yes i see they reduced the price for paying customer and i'm realy glad so will be affoardable for more people.
    Now first of all i want thank all who spend of poxnora you help keep the game alive but i mast say this and green don't think is an atack or somthing to you cause is not i apreciate your hard work and try to listen and make all happy, my message is directed who who can affoard invest alot in this game .

Time ago i spend too but now especialy after the soe experience i consider myself f2p, as i say before i'm glad price drop but was realy nececary ask green increase the box and pack cost for gold as i see a week ago +- ? and in the same time reduce gold reward from dayly etc in game ?

Duno you guys but before i (i have a life) manage to get 2000 gold in a day of playing if i was lucky, most of the time a bit more than 1500 that mean (not logging all day like me) i could affoard a box in 30 day +- or a pack 3-4 days now i think is more than 45 -50 day to manage get box

Now if you do some math you all know paying or f2p you always should aim at a box you realy thing a f2p and or new player will like to waith 45 days or 30 if he is a grinder to get 1 free box not to mention they get the old stuf and need waith another 90 days minimum to get the new (old from who pay) expansion come out ? i see how in that post you guys asked the green reduce owl price and increase gold one, that was the first step before this patch.

A healty f2p comunity consist in listen to both side f2p and paying users, especialy if pox aim to be f2p and target for new players that 30% can became a paying user.

I read some one write f2p people keep crying to get free stuff, not all of us are and most of them try to reach out cause care about the game sorry for not be bourn in the right family or can't grind all day like other but as i sayed before a good f2p game depend on both no paying player and paying one and most don't even bother log the forum to write what they think they just enjoy logging the aplication and play, f2p don't cry ask after awaile they don't write any more in an atempt to reach on forum and after stop logging the aplication not cause they don't like pox but they just find another game worth their time

Now you see what happened with soe when f2p players where not listen at all and bullyed till exasperation that time too from who could affoard for his own gain alone, you seen the drasticaly drop of player you want bring this again to owl ? you think after another will take pox and try to save it ?
    Who do you think will lose more a f2p who see his gold / time have no value at all and move to another f2p game ? or you who invest in runes if they leave again only for the temporary short gain from the rune you have ?

this 3 point togheter i think to some f2p user make it say is pay to win so 2 of this point i list down mast be worked out

1. 1 box cost for example extended increased instead decrease to a rasoanble 25k gold
    2. 2 reward decreased from dayly and other game
    3. 3 the extended is like trow money in the ocean and hope the fish you want get out, is too vast i think even ktchop and his pool have problem with it, after 7 box and yea i don't have the lucky of some i get only the granted in any case for me is a waste trow my gold/time in not to mention my money

I realy hope if it rest so the new expansions with time will not end in this extended and keep increasing him because if it is , is a fail

I have preaty mutch all rune exept few exo and legendary limited so this don't affect me so mutch but for a new player well lets just say is not so actractive, we want new players right ? and stay ?remember whathever a f2p get a paying one get too

now sorry if i seemd to harsh and depresing but soon i mast go to work outside my nation for a bit and i can't follow the grow of pox and i don't want come back again and see poxplayerbase vanished again like time ago, i worned soe too with a dumb post like this if some of you remember,

now thank to who had will and perseverance to read my poor english message