DISCUSSION: Pox Nora Patch Notes: 23.2.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Totally NOT surprised at the ungrateful comments of some posters here.

"I wanted 2.73% more improvement than what they provided.... waaaaaahhh!!!"

+57% to DoGz, I will get some more nifty owl-action-style-swag with my next paycheck! :)

2. Clueless

Clueless New Member

So not only did they cut gold from campaigns by about 50% but they also raised box gold prices? wow..

3. qsupreme2

qsupreme2 Member

Do the set boxes still have a 5% chance to drop legendary or is it just for the packs?

4. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

If a new player sees that half the deploys against them are exo or higher, they will assume that rarity equals power, not because they are stupid, but because they don't know better yet. Moreover, any player will (rightfully) deduct that most of the current player base has spent a truckload of money and/or time on the game, which isn't particularly inviting. If you add any amount of condescension from the community, who would then still want to stick around? I hope we can do better than this and show some understanding.

5. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

It's like that for all the theme bgs by the way. I get that for: Elven Valor / Savagery / Permafrost.

All in all a great patch!
    Digging the reskin of another LE and hope this trend continues to make everything more accessible (dooms/angels I'm looking at you next).

You are doing great DOGs but you may want to put on your seat belts for the ride to come.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you put a rune of the bg in a trade, and then you cancel it, you can delete them after.

7. DarkJello

Welcome to the forums, Clueless. Not a pejorative, that is his/her name.

Kvothe likes this.
  8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I can confirm this works. Thnx for the info!

9. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

All I gots to say is KISS THE OWL'S BUTTS all you crying whiners....you have to be PATIENT and let them work....geez.
    SOE left this game in a disastrous state and it is going to take them time to get it where they want it....

SO CHILL OUT!

Good job Owlz...we believe in ya!

DarkJello and Zenity like this.
  10. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

Just so no rumors start I want to address the "50%" number here
    • The daily skirmish went from 300g to 200g.
    • The campaign skirmish bonus stayed at 200g
    • First win of the day bonus stayed at 150g
    • Epic Battle achievement stayed at 30g
    So doing your daily campaign will award
    (200g+150g+30g)+(200g+30g) + 200g = 810g

That is literally down 200g from the previous system. I am not saying that is nothing, but is not extremely drastic. Certainly not as drastic as our recent price decreases! Now I don't want to be in a position where I defend the current gold reward rates as if they were set it stone - the only thing I can say for sure right now is that they will change again. All I ask is that you give it a fair shake, so we have some good numbers to analyze!

Poxbrothers, Arzachi, Nurfed and 8 others like this.
  11. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

The angels have yet be re skinned but are still obtainable as Legendaries now Yobi. I would love a reskin of angels <3 but you can still get them now.

12. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I know I am kinda being greedy, but I LITERALLY bought owl-credits yesterday, and purchased multiple avatars with them......can I get the warbanners still/refunds on the packs I bought to match the new prices? Kind of a poor comparison, but if you buy something in League of Legends and then you get trolled by the RNG putting it on sale, you can ask for the difference and they WILL honor it, since its kinda cruel.

If not I totally understand, so no hate :D

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  13. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Patch is really good cash shop become 2x times cheaper. And all you care is only yourself. But after changes it is impossible to play as newcomer. Because you need to farm 1month to buy 1box and to be competive player and get fun from game you need at least 6boxes it is 6month. No one stay here for this long and trying repeated camp again. And newcomer don't invest real cash because online is to low and in ranked only 0-2 active game at same time. To make this games popular devs need fill it with newcomer(but they don't have I terest to farm 6month). But overall let's say patch is okay we can buy more stuff.

14. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Good thing to anylize is to make this game more newcomer friendly. More people more cash more popularity. Last patch shows that you don't want to be friendly with newcomer. Lowering price for real cash is good. But newcomer don't invest 200$ in game that have no perspective for him.

15. DarkJello

Sounds like a PERFECT life lesson for anyone and everyone, especially those new to the work scene.

Evolution is all about survival of the fittest. Adapt or fail--0r even die. Being #1 is NOT the goal, as even a modicum of success is enough. That is how the world works. It owes you nothing. It does NOT care about your personal happiness/success. Why? Because hundreds of millions of other humans WILL succeed--thus our survival as a species is guaranteed. Some are so successful that hundreds of millions of peeps can do almost nothing, and still receive "free" money for life. Curiously enough, many of the same peeps getting all that cash are STILL angry at the makers. (I have personally been on food stamps while obtaining an advanced degree, and the amount of waste and fraud within that 1 system in 1 state of America is absolutely unconscionable). Unlike a cool computer game, the "free" money will NOT last forever. Only so much theft, corruption, and fraud can occur before the immutable financial laws request that Karma pay the planet a visit. Many gazillions of superb human beings exist all over the planet, and they are tops. But they can only do so much against the tide of despotic forces. Still, they provide all of us with timely hope.

I wish things were different. I wish utopia was real. I wish I had superpowers. But, alas, reality is reality.

DoGz, thank the tentacled universal spirit, has provided us with something much, much, much better than the aforementioned. This is a veritable shrine from the harsh realities of a merciless universe. Anyone can succeed in Pox. Time, money, or both are the currency. Those that drag the bummer attitude of the real world into our niche game really need to readjust and sing a different tune. Pox is da bomb, in a good way. Critical analysis is great and beneficial. Whining for the sake of whining is just a big downer. Be the change you want to see in Pox. Optimism is worth the effort.

TL;DR--RL is arduous, Pox is win. Keep 'em separate. Si se puede, viva la revolucion!! :cool:

stormyorky likes this.
  16. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

@ uaChakra you are missing the point of training grounds entirely.

Honestly the goal here isn't to fill the battlegrounds with new people...that would be a huge fail. The goal is to fill the training grounds with new people.

Out of those new people some will want to buy their own runes and make their own decks. It's not supposed to be about having everything in the game for free right away.

You get gold for TG games, you can buy a few packs and boxes here and there with gold and real money and then slowly build up your collection over time.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I'm still calling BS on this chock full of exos/leg/limited thing. My rank 1 KF has 6 Lim/Leg out of 16 champs. Skirmisher is the best rune in the deck.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. Clueless

Clueless New Member

I was only referring to the campaigns: You earned 400 gold for the max time per game, while now its only about 200g per max game time. I have no issue with the daily campaigns. I never said i was displeased with the patch, just surprised.

19. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

You say that goal is to fill training ground with newcomer , but why newcomer play training ground if campagain give more reward? They just continue to earn gold in campagain. I play from release when even exo card not exist. I have lot of card and want to play some PvP fights(it is why I play online game) if I want to play bots I can play single player game on console. But I can't play PvP/Ranked and you know why? Low online and from this low online 90%farm camp again and now they farm even longer. At least if devas decrease gold from single player . Inspire players to play PvP by increasing gold from PvP.

20. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Now this I can get behind

uaChakra likes this.