DISCUSSION: Pox Nora Patch Notes: 23.2.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

This is Disscusion Sir. And my duty is , bring to devs that patch like this, not making this game better.

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Yes there is. Click his name and you should get the option for ignore.
    I allready added Prami on day one so i know it works :)

3. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

This robot be married, thus I cannot fully thank you for such GREAT news!! Done and done. +17 owl points

4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I can't ignore people because other people reply to them and I get confused.

JaceDragon and ArchersAxe like this.
  5. Groggolo

Groggolo New Member

I praise the Owls for listening to the players and bringing down the price point. Even if I don't play much, I will buy a pack today and more when expansion comes out :)

I understand the need for tweaking the gold system to balance the lower cash prices and the concern about accessibility to new players.
    Outside the well idea which sound interesting, you could award the necessary amount of gold to buy the first box to each new account.

6. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

This is almost imposible , this gane will sink in twink acounts.

7. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

well actually this is exactly what you did......i stated my opinion.....which was i am very happy with the patch.....then u came in and called me blind which im pretty sure is you complaining.

Someone give that guy a free Hippocrysy Rider

8. Neksis

Neksis The King of Potatoes

This is excellent!
    It looks like prices on new expansions were dropped to within my comfort zone, so they'll now be getting my money.

I just have one more request.
    Can you guys please make sure to give us plenty of advance warning when expansions are going to drop?
    Being able to budget for them would be nice. :D

9. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Honestly, all this makes this more casual player ****ed, and the player who spends 15 hours a day playing and real money is spent on this game the more benefited. And it's not just /cry .. is so.
    seriously, I understand all this. Good luck with everything-

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Everyone who says this is bad for f2p-players is an idiot, seriously. You can still buy boxes you will have farmed after a very decent amount of time. There are free decks, and some of them are really good. There is a good new TG. Really, stop crying.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

You re all confusing what F2P means, you assume a limited experience in the TG is a true 'f2p', a true f2p is something else. There would have been no need to relaunch or for SOE to abandon the dead game because technically speaking the old poxnora was 'f2p' as well, well you just had a limited experience and you could have grinded a 500k rune to trade for all the cards you want. We all know how that turned out and we all know how other pseudoF2P games ultimately did.

This poor attitude in the forum is sickening and is what drives games to die, it's happened over and over again in the past decade.

12. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Nice changes all around. I especially like the War-banners are now a bonus rune that you get from purchasing the respective faction's avatar. The only other change i would like to see around this, is to have the Marketplace prevent you from buying an avatar/campaign twice. This would also help people know what content they already own.

I actually liked the old name/title for Ctharia better...

I don't think that reducing the gold gained from daily missions is a good idea. They should offer superior gold rewards to at least attract player to log in and do them every day, if nothing else. It's an incentive to log in and play. 1000 gold between the 2 missions seemed like a good place for it to be. Log in and do the dailies for 3.5 days & you can get a pack of runes.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  13. Boozha

Yes, your poor attitude is indeed sickening. Access is hardly more difficult, no, in fact, easier than in Hearthstone by now, and people like you are still running around crying like spanked girls.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  14. Saka

Exactly like diablo 3 forums, to the tee

15. Shuyash

Shuyash The King of Potatoes

The reason D3 failed is because it's a boring game with a silly economy (no gold sink whatsoever, items piling up, etc.). It was that way from day 1, so you can't really blame that on the community. Can't really say Pox is the same, and the devs are making sure it stays that way.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Can someone exorcise @Ragic from Saka? Like seriously, is his clone, Ragic cast domination or something?

Etherielin and DarkJello like this.
  17. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Cool, thank you :) And yeah, I suggested it once before somewhere on here :p

Another suggestion, which I think may be less popular, might be giving dimishing returns on repeated single player encounters.

Hear me out :p

Campaigns need improving, but I hear that is being worked on in terms of AI (though I imagine this is not a priority right now). But once the campaigns are improved, there also needs to be a good way to avoid people finding the most efficient or exploitable campaign and farming it.

If, when gold across campaigns is tweaked to balanced values and the campaigns are "fun'd up", dimishing returns would encourage people to play a wider range of campaigns. People might find other campaigns fun, but so long as one campaign is consistently more gold efficient, they will just play that one.

Or I suppose the stealthier way to do it might be awarding a "daily completion" bonus to each campaign, lowering normal gold slightly.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. Saka

The net result of this is gesture of 'good will' was: Less gold gained from playing, increased gold price of packs and boxes. How does it help the new players?

If there was a true intention to give players a more 'rewarding' feel then there should have been no nerf to gold gain at all and in fact the opposite, should have been more bonuses for completing campaign, more bonuses for playing pvp etc rather than nerf.

This disturbs me because you have to go out of your way to adjust gold accrue in a negative way and you had to put conscious effort into upping cost of packs in gold.

These prices were unacceptable to begin with, the gold accrue was barely band-aid fixed because there was a double gold event that never went away, and now there is a negative nerf and an increased in gold cost for packs and boxes.

Barrier is upped again to new players.

uaChakra likes this.
  19. Boozha

Thats it, Saka on ignore. Thats really about a foot short of a shameless lie.

DarkJello likes this.
  20. Saka

I see you trollin', Boozha!