DISCUSSION: Pox Nora Patch Notes: 23.2.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

Oh that's why we were at 400 gold per campaign. And here I was thinking it was ok to have 200 gold since it was 25 more gold than SOE's campagin rewards.

Well Owls, you still need to make a new shard currency so we can go to the runeforge with the latest pack.

2. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

How many players have ten alts to farm the dailies with anyway? IMO it's a flawed concept when you allow free trading. Rewards should match the level of participation, in other words they should be highest for PVP (campaigns are hard to balance as long as you can develop optimal strategies for farming...), then toons are not an issue. The same problem will befall to features like a goldwell.

That said, I really do enjoy the daily rewards so it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of situation.

3. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

before this patch if I did my dailies every day for a month I got a free box. that seemed about right. now? it'd take forever... sounds silly.

4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Now it'll take about 5 weeks. Please. Get your Bane Shift together.

5. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Just pointing out that the idea of a Gold Well doesn't impact the current farming situation as it has no context in terms of limits. If we said the gold well was only active during pvp then it isn't as farmable by far. Also, farming implies constant activity while the Gold Well offers the same output to those playing constantly as to those playing every 2-3 days, so long as they can empty the well.

If anything, it's anti-farm oriented. The idea is it grants the same bonus gold through casual or "grind" gameplay. Whereas casual play and income is currently being balanced around the idea that there are people farming constantly, lowing the overall possible rewards for everyone.

I mean, even consider the idea that they could check what the average "hardcore" player could grind in a month and then lower normal game gold so the game gold + gold well gold averaged out to the same amount they used to achieve per month.

The difference would be that casual players would have access to a larger percentage of this income as it would be front-loaded to a fixed bonus.

Just saying it could change from this:
    Farmer: 100% gold income
    Casual: 20% gold income

To:
    Farmer: 100% gold income
    Casual: 30% gold income

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Pro evolution. Pro helping the peeps. Anti making life super comfortable for freeloaders.

I am abso-FRACKING-lutely loving the heck out of the win in this thread! It is literally making my day at work a joy. Thanks to one and all, except the peanut tossing maroons. Join us. Evolve. Don't be afraid. Don't be overly pessimistic. Si se puede, viva la revolucion! Together we can return Pox to greatness. Think critically, share, but stear clear of wine and cheese.

The following pic conveys quite the noteworthy message:

[​IMG]

7. kinembe

kinembe The King of Potatoes

huge difference in gold rewards now from before the patch. this was not a minor decrease.

also, adding the increased prices for boxes on top does not help at all. feels like something was taken away from us only one week after receiving it.

8. DarkJello

#1) Pretty sure an owl said it was a 20% decrease. Can anyone confirm? (I might have misremembered).

#2) Price of a box was greatly decreased AND discount on bulk purchase was added.

#3) A few other groovy changes occurred. Warbanners...

#4) Feels like a mini-Xmas to me.

9. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

dat #2

10. kinembe

kinembe The King of Potatoes

1. i'm watching gold reward each game and dailies, much more than 10% decrease

2. price for box went from 28k to 32k last i checked

3. warbanners are cool, no complaint there

4. deprived childhood?

11. Donegals

Donegals Well-Known Member

Hmm.......

Well i'm not going to argue against these changes. A box has gone up by just under 4k gold. That's not massive but they have reduced the amount of gold you get. A box from the extended set comes in at under $20.

Ok, i'll take this. Feels like an overall positive step. I'm guessing they might tinker with it going forwards, feels like a good starting place.

I approve (Which as everyone knows, is massively important....)

DarkJello likes this.
  12. TheNidhogg

It is true wrt owl points. And gold accrual rate was like twice what it was under SOE. Now it is reverted but still higher.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Shuyash likes this.
  13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'm sorry but I feel like people are missing the point here.

The issue isn't the fact that gold rewards went down or that gold prices went up: a combination of both is what causes such a backlash.

Personally, I think that daily rewards should have stayed the same (1050 together with first win of the day) while campaigns should have been lowered to 250 for now. Afterwards I'd (assuming I'm an owl here) adjust the campaign rewards based on difficulty - e.g. the Angel and Titan campaigns would be more challenging compared to 'just kill this one dude to win'. I'm aware that campaign difficulty is subjective and different based on a deck.

On on the other hand this thread is spiraling down to a stream of insults between two groups: one I'd call "subscribers" and the other "casual majority". Pox is a niche game with diehard fans and it reached a point where group #1 is bigger than group #2. That's bad for the game as a whole. Yes, they - theoretically - fuel the banks and keep the game alive, but they also lash out at anyone who tries to take the tools they subscribed for away from them. I'm sorry to say it, but that's how it seems to be right now. Casuals are pointing out that the combination of gold changes gave a negative total value while the premium members shout things like 'don't care, muh boxes be cheapah' 'join us, you new***' 'but muh runz' etc. etc. It's nauseating.

You all attack Ragic, Saka and whoever else defends the F2P aspects all the time (let's be honest, if it weren't for Ragic's balanced and slightly off-the-stage stance, you'd eat him alive), but please understand that if DOG doesn't get a bigger audience, they will be forced to shut this down >despite< your constant support. They >have< to broaden the game up to the casuals, they >have< to make certain options possible and they >have< to make the game rewarding for newcomers. For now it's a case of 50/50. I'm okay with the way current things are, because I got used to it. It doesn't mean everyone has the patience to do so and it shouldn't have to.

I'll more than likely get burned like some (Elsari) witch but I had to share how I feel about this whole situation.

Clueless, Zenity and Evilinge like this.
  14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Saka does not defend F2P. Saka is the kind of guy you give a finger and he starts crying that you either give him your hand or are Hitlers reincarnation.

To the gold increase, apparently DOG thought that boxes were too easy to aquire via gold. I can understand that, because they were incredibly easily accessible, and their contents are plentiful. I'm all for making the content free, but if they make it too free they won't have revenue, and there is no point complainign when they take point A they established and change it to point B, especially not when BOTH points are better than point C SoE had it at. Its just obnoxious.

15. TheNidhogg

No, people just tend to ignore Ragic because all he does is pop up once in a while, preach the glory of subscription based models, and then return to his hole in the desert.

Everyone knows and wants PoxNora to have more players. The problem is that your "casual majority" is just full of terrible ideas and complaints about not getting enough free stuff ie: "My gold rate was nerfed!" And it doesn't help that the vocal ones are awful at understanding the other sides points or wants (uaChakra, Saka, etc.)

The best suggestion I have seen thus far is make the Core Set available to everyone for free (non-tradeable) and market the other content as a premium experience.

Zenity and DarkJello like this.
  16. DarkJello

Kayle: "...while the premium members shout things like 'don't care, muh boxes be cheapah' 'join us, you new***' 'but muh runz' etc. etc. It's nauseating."

Tons of "premium members" informed DoGz that the price of each box was WAY too high. They listened. That is a win for EVERYONE. Inferring that our motives were purely selfish is a miscalculation on your part. We want the game to succeed too. Please provide the quotes of each and every time a "premium member" called someone a "new***". Again, such slander does not convince me of your point. Replace false statements with logic FTW. Savvy?

Your comments on the gold reward of different campaigns has merit.

Each group has different priorities and opinions on what it will take for Pox to succeed. Fair enough.

DoGz has a big challenge in Pox. Very true. I believe they are making progress. Patience is a virtue.

I am glad you posted. Hopefully the flame only perfectly heats your virtual smores treat. :)

17. Donegals

Donegals Well-Known Member

I'm not going to burn you, but......

I'm happy to put my hand up to being one of the people that burns Saka on SOME of his F2P stance. Not all of it, after all we need to grow to survive and picking up some new F2P players is a good wat to start. F2P players won't save pox though. The reduction in pack prices was a good thing and the gold gathered wasn't reduced it was returned to normal. Pack prices in gold went up but not cripplingly compared to other F2P games and most of those are impossible to be competitve without money. Not so Poxnora.

I think most of your arguements are invalid, sorry!

18. Dnarius

Dnarius New Member

Peace brothers let the pacification hit you for a couple turns! We all want the game to succeed and more than anything the "diehard" fans and us whales wish this to happen. We get that a lot of people want more free stuff but that would be a punch in the gut to everybody that constantly does shell out the cash that keeps this thing afloat. The core card idea is a good idea but that would cause a lot of people that payed for those boxes and or packs to get pissed off that they wasted all of their money on them. There are already good public decks available to all the new players but with so many games out there that are free to play where they just hand you everything free, they come here and expect it to be the same and cry that it is not. So please we understand that new peeps want free stuff but just like how people are complaining that they just bought boxes and stuff the day before the price decrease, how many people do you think will be peeved if they start offering all the core cards for free??? Consider it please.

Boozha likes this.
  19. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Sorry, that post was a bit emotion-driven. My apologies.

I just feel that's the stance people have. You - as subscribers - had your prices lowered, while casuals got hurt. That's the issue I thought of when I'd mentioned that. I'm somewhere inbetween this as I'm not a casual player nor a subscriber here, more of a hybrid - a PoxBoxer? might be an okay term. I agree and disagree with both sides at once, because both of them present certain aspects incorrectly. Casuals dramatise a bit more than it's needed while premium members remain stagnant in some of their views.

I understand that one side wants to experience the entire game, while the other wants to keep their part of the cake a privilage, but there has to be some consensus. If there's none, what will happen to Pox?

Once again my apologies for putting a rage band on my head.

Goyo, Zenity and DarkJello like this.
  20. DarkJello

#1) Excellent first sentence.

#2) The core stuff should ALL be dirt cheap or free, IMO. New shinies make money, not golden oldies. Namaste.

You are legit. No worries man.

Pro tip: Never put a "rage band" on the other head and then fall asleep without removing. Penectomy.

Donegals and Etherielin like this.
  21. Dnarius

Dnarius New Member

I agree with the fact that it should be cheap and don't :entirely: disagree that it being free would be a possibility I was just pointing out that it could peeve the customers. For exampe: New guys jumps onto pox and after a day or two of playing decides he wants to buy that nice $10.00 core box so he can learn with his own basic cards....Then they turn around and make the core set free....New Guy is now peeved and thinks that the company is just cheating peeps out of money since they planned on making it free and didn't tell anybody...ya dig?

Also I would like to say thank you for not being like certain other forum members and just jumping on my head with a point you found didn't match your own. If I ever come across like that I don't mean to.