Discussion: Preview of Steam Release and Ronin Expansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Untitled-1.jpg So who else noticed this?

SaintKiwi, Sunutsu and Goyo like this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@paperskull where did you find that picture

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

so does kf have huge amount of nora causr of malijara
    also thanks shenshu for awnsering my question

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Right edge of the images Senshu posted.

5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

My nervous system tingled the tiniest little bit after reading the OP. Woot and hoot! +7

6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Me looks @iPox

iPox and DarkJello like this.
  7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yes. Hearthstone sucks balls mechanically, but I keep returning now and then because I know that I will not have a hard time getting a pack.

8. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Agreed with this. I sometimes question why I bother playing that game as the end achievement is not that good because I find the deck diversity/realization somewhat limited. However, I know that if I log on and play for 30 mins or so I get new cards and that often has me playing for a little longer or trying the Arena or something.

Pox has a similar aspect in the form of the daily missions, but I do not find much more motive outside of that. Maybe if Pox had a daily quest, something akin to Hearthstone like:

Win with X faction in rank/single etc.

Win with X pre-made BG

Deploy X champions

And so on, and have each one give a sizeable amount of gold and make each quest time limited to the day.

jeeperz2 and Qno2 like this.
  9. Hallandrin

Hallandrin The King of Potatoes

Are you guys planning to make changes on the rune forge? for a quickier multiple-sacrifice option?

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This.

11. DarkJello

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Before I respond; is that directed at my post/graph?

13. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

The Steam launch is going to be what makes or breaks this game. It is a huge, huge deal to get it right. Labeling these concerns as "being a negatron" and putting it in the proverbial complaint box is a mistake.

I mean, yes - all the stuff in the preview looks great.
    But no - it doesn't address the big problems that Pox has that drove away the thousands of new players we had during the last Steam launch.

Everybody here wants the game to succeed. We wouldn't bother posting our concerns if we didn't.

Goyo, Bondman007, SaintKiwi and 4 others like this.
  14. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I'm excited!

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

In a more upbeat response, im thrilled the world map is being put to some use, have wanted that forever. Im encouraged that the devs place importance on the 'look and feel' of the game. And i'm hopeful that the fact they did not mention a release date for steam means they have wiggle room to get things right first.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Turn that new leaf back over, positive Ragic makes me question the universe.

Bondman007, SaintKiwi and Boozha like this.
  17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I liked this, and then I felt oblieged to also like Ragic's post

But you are still both rednecks

18. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Make it super clear that you can skip the locked parts of NUX progression. If it's squirreled away in a menu, people might think its mandatory. I know one thing I hate is being gated by tutorial progress when I start a new multiplayer game, especially if I already read up on the basics.

Also, ultimately menus don't matter and the big issue is runes, how quickly you get them, the absurd value of legendaries, and pricing in both the marketplace and forge.

People want to build and experiment with BGs, especially if they're newer and are unsure if ideas will work. Making it cost a ton of time/money to do that is just gunna make people quit.

Boozha likes this.
  19. DarkJello

I agree with everythAng you stated above.

One clarification though... the "Negatron" pic was in reaction to dozens upon dozens upon dozens of downer posts by a select few. I "ignored" a couple of them weeks ago--because they also support thieving--so I can only imagine the amount of crap they are spewing. Someone that is 80-90% negative/contrary is not worth the migraine, IMHO. Gainful employment gobbles up 60-70 hours of my week, so I don't have any desire to hear Debbie Downers during what is supposed to be fun/cool/nifty time.

Savvy?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    Sepulcher likes this.
  20. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Single player map looks great but will there be options to switch back to what we currently have to quickly scroll through to the campaign we want to play/farm