Discussion: Preview of Steam Release and Ronin Expansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I agree, but ready for steam we are not.

Steam rerelease is a tactical maneuver from which you can only move forward or fail. I'd rather approach that point with a solid foundation - its not about the game being perfect - but all the massively frustrating imbalances dealt with. And it wouldn't hurt to try out the new NUX plans give feedback.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    Boozha likes this.
  2. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Told all you doubters that the Owlzs were busy with big stuff...just need patience. The last thing we need them to do is rush through all of this and bomb the relaunch. Owls, please make sure you make more runes more accessible. All the pretty stuff will be worthless if new players can't get the runes they want! Great job guys.

jeeperz2 likes this.
  3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

ok

the big part of the reason for wanting legendaries in the forge is so that the new steam players wont label the game p2w and leave. gedden is too slow coming around to the proper philosophy that pox needs both whales and f2p'ers in order to thrive. putting them in AFTER the steam release will be too little too late.

same thing with faction bonuses. so youre going to complete the balancing act of the revamp, introduce 1000's of new players to the game via a steam relaunch and THEN make that change? I flat out don't believe him.

there may be more than one kind of progression, but lvling the avatar and completing dailies is about as an engaging form of progression as watching your lawn grow. opening packs is what is cool, cool things need to happen daily. gedden needs to be less math geek and more player.

I swear that's the same t-shirt each Q&A.

4. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Delete/ban all multi accounts except for maybe 1 additional that was meant to be a rune storage such as for the store{s} (every player will be given the chance to name 1 alternate account that will be spared if s/he has one. After that new additional accounts for one person can only be created with granted permission and wont receive what is following)
    and add a
    Daily login reward! Which consists of 1 random common rune from the core set. For 7 days in a row it gives you 1 EXTRA cncommon on the 7th day. Day 14 you get a common, an uncommon AND a rare. After that the cycle is reset.

After all Gedden once said in response to a question about users abusing certain systems quote: "Oh, be sure we know who those are and we keep a close watch" and thus it should be possible.

5. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I can't believe I JUST now saw this but tbh if I was a new player that single player map would suck me in and I can already tell I will be playing lots of it :D I strongly strongly strongly strongly encourage you Gedden to please make custom for 2v2 games. One thing I can tell you is noobs LOVE 2v2 and a couple of other people including myself.

Sirius and chickenpox2 like this.
  6. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

u can't say noobs love 2v2 and then try and sneak urself in there... noob.

chickenpox2 and jeeperz2 like this.
  7. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Lol Jab you know our guild loves 2v2

8. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Ur a nautzhi

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

A commie at worst

Or best

Depends on your stance on commies

10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I've seen a million good game on steam go unnoticed because when they were first put their they had alot of bugs and glitches. Once those bugs were all fixed the games turned out beautifully, but the thing is pox will only get one shot at this so i suggest you have a ton of beta testers and balance things accordingly. The easiest way to balance things at this point is just to watch games and see what is being abused the most. This is just easier because you can watch any game and see which runes are easily abuseable.

12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

council for steam beta testing!

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You skipped the day they were handing out clues? Damn.

14. tulip

tulip Member

I used to love single player. Since we moved to Dog, there is much improvement but for single player. The main problem i encounter is what to do with gold now: nothing interresting. When you have bought 10 boxes without getting a legendary, not even a usefull one, then it's wrong. I dont think legendary mut be craftables, but perhaps changing the ratio to get one is better.
    perhaps each box should have at least one legendary champ and 2 exo guaranted.
    I also trully miss the 150k. perhaps it was a long way to get an angel a sarinda or a coragh, but at least i knew why i was doing dailies and playing singles. Now i feel there is no used to do that, because boxes feel like empty rewards.
    So i dont do it anymore.

15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

U wot m8

16. Terraforma

Terraforma New Member

So a lot of people are saying rune accessibility is what turns new players off the game, as they can't experiment with bgs and playstyles to get hooked.
    As an idea (and this may have obvious problems which people will point out to me immediately), would it be possible to have say a month or a couple of weeks 'trial period' where a new player could have access to untradeable versions of all the runes for the duration of this time. This would allow them to experiment with bgs and hopefully get them hooked so they start to buy runes for themselves.

I understand that they might lose interest after this ends and they lose this access to all the runes, but generally improving rune accessibility as well would help offset this, and it could be a good starting point.

Just an idea

17. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

This would be another thing that makes people create alts, if the period is long enough to matter.

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- oh you mean free champions...err runes week that alternates to get people hooked on a champ err rune then when the week changes they feel the need to buy it? Its a good idea because it works.

- Every week 2 legendaries and 5 exotics (whatever amount or all of com/unc from a specific expansion) become unlocked to loan....you can put them in decks and they are level 3 . You cant trade them or shard them...they are just in kiddie that you can try them out for the week.

- This can get someone interested in a rune to see how it plays before blindly committing to it. It also can just keep a f2p lingering by allowing him to make decks each week to "feel" excited about each week.

GameJack likes this.
  19. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@Senshu

Wait, is this accurate? (pulled from Q&A thread transcript)
    I fail to see how leveraging our significantly more abundant time would delay you in the long run. This Steam relaunch will go horribly wrong in at least one aspect, we meatbags are only human after all. How will your already constrained team discover/identify problems more capably than a community of players so massively invested in the success of your game that they would happily beg you to let them QA test. . . for free. . .?

If you're busy testing, you're not busy working on the already existing problems. Let us find the problems so you can focus your time on the one thing we can't do: change/fix the game. Otherwise, we have nothing to do but lurk on the forums which is clearly (not) going well.

Sealer0 likes this.
  20. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

when they launch on Steam, they want the new Steam guys to see lots of players online already and think this is a popular game. what better way to make sure those numbers are up then by making US have to try it out for the first time then as well. cuz like, you know you will.