Discussion: Preview Video Expansion 27 & Weekend Tournament

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I would just like to point out that, if I played the game, I'd be pretty pissed if the 10 people who were already previewed the runes were discussing it publicly, @Sokolov .
    This is not good business at all because the people who aren't part of that weird council you have going on there, or are not buddies with the people in there, get left out, and nobody likes to be left out.
    Take it to PMs, man.
    Just a hint.

19madfox95 and Lauremoon like this.
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Might aswell just show us the rune if the "ones in the know" are just going to go around telling their buddies anyway.
    This isnt me just trying to blag a sneaky look at new stuff, honest.

[​IMG]

3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I think this case is a little different seeing as im pretty much the only top player who mains SP atm. Are we going to pretend like Im not semi in the loop about things regarding SP or that I dont deserve to be? He brought up the champ to me and asked my opinion about it. Which, ya know might have to do with me being the best player in the faction that he represents and me knowing the faction better than practically everyone currently playing.
    Edit: but yes i should have pmed sok instead of posting about it on this thread

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    Burcho likes this.
  4. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

It seems to me that the new Hyaenid is situational. A mobile relic firing 9-10 sub-defense damage for free in a Pack Leader/Pack Mentality fashion at 5 range is hardly a bad rune. This sounds like a decent finishing rune that gets off a free attack and moves away.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I may just be missing what you are talking about but I just glanced through the thread and dont see any council members discussing anything that wasnt discussed in the video or clarified by Sok in this thread.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, I was mostly talking about this post:

And if you think that Sok clarified the rune for anybody, he did not at all. Can you point out how it looks besides the fact of low DMG and a weird OP ability?
    Also, this isn't like a major issue or anything, and I don't think Ballball did something "wrong", per se. I just feel that Sok could have replied him in PMs, thats all. Or preview the whole rune now, since that ship has sailed anyway.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Eh, what he was told was pretty outdated. What he knows now from this thread is what everyone else knows (outside of the Council - who hadn't seen the updates either anyway).

So at the end of the day, what I said in this thread was being heard for the first time by EVERYONE - so I guess I did what you suggested, previewed more of the rune to everyone!

Woffleet, Pedeguerra and Ballballer like this.
  8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

9. Sokolov

Anyway, this is the full text of the ability in question:

When an enemy champion within 5 spaces takes Electricity damage, this champion deals 10 Electricity damage to that champion (ignores DEF) This triggers up to 2 times per round (2 turns).

~

All of this I said earlier, but now it's in one concise post :D

10. Sokolov

I am also considering previewing all runes to all players in the future and designing by democracy. This way no one is left out, and everyone can express their expert opinions on the new content (since so many players are really good at balancing this game from what I am hearing). Let me know what you think.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    Woffleet likes this.
  11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I see how it is baller
    </3

12. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Since it is on the table, I think it should be once per turn. Twice is OP IMO.

13. Ballballer

Bad idea, has been tried before

Woffleet likes this.
  14. Ballballer

Bebe i luff u

15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Anima26 and Woffleet like this.
  16. Sokolov

Has it? I don't remember this.

Woffleet likes this.
  17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

As it seems you were serious, I think it would not be a great idea because of democracy. If you think people actually vote on candidates because of their own well-based knowledge of those canditates, and not due to other people's opinions about them - and just go with the flow - feel free to carry on with this. If my analogy wasn't clear enough I can be blunt if needed.

Woffleet likes this.
  18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

May be a cool way to bring back the dev blog. Call it the Owls Nest or something.

Woffleet likes this.
  19. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

best player that doesnt know how dispel works,pffff

20. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Other games poll the playerbase with regard to future development. Like you could poll which themes need further development, or even if some other features should get primary dev time.

Put these polls in the client though if you really want input from the entire playerbase rather than just the blow hards.