Discussion: Release Date, Boon's Eve Tournament, & Preview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I like the fact you released them. But I think you're idiots for not making them reskins.

The reskins could have been so cool as well!

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Is this your way of saying. make grimthir a legendary?

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

This I would say is stupid af since Grimthir is already pretty much a reskin.

Also, in the future DOG you must take into consideration the opinions of your collectors/vets. Of course it's "awesome" that these two runes are now available to everyone who played the tournament and have now flooded the market, but you also made them valueless to the people who worked hard to obtain them in the past.

If you make the mistake of doing this with another limited, let's say you release limited harbs, you can expect all hell to break loose.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I think runes being obtainable is more important to the game than runes being "valuable" so ima say anyone whose mad about this is just bein a whiny pissbag

TeaScholar, hfok, Ifem21 and 3 others like this.
  5. tulip

tulip Member

I am disappointed about that decision and i am not whining.
    like other people point it, we have worked hard to grab thoses runes, it was also costly to get them. no respect at all for all those efforts. If it was only to make that rune available, reskin was good enough.
    Even when i hadn't them, it was impressive to saw some on the field. You could dream to have some one day. Now it's dead.

Worse idea ever:
    Destroying all the history of the game while releasing many new limtied to try grabbing money there.

6. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Um... so wait. You release non tradeable runes... but put other runes into circulation which were deemed as rare and are now spread like candy thanks to a tournament. I mean, at this point I'm all in regarding the whole spread the runes everywhere deal but this just doesn't make any sense. You're crippling what's left of the little trade value that was out there and keep on making new content which not everyone can access and never will unless you feel like it. What's the goal here?

I enjoyed trading (mind you, the fair kind and not sharking) but that's slowly being killed off between the lack of population and constant moves like these. Might as well re-release everything at once and set your own store so we can all get this over with.

Worth noting I have pretty much no valuable runes at this point, because I saw this coming ages ago and simply got rid of them. Hunting Spirit's value has been hit twice, first by not being completely OP (which I am okay with) and now as a collector's item, so I can see why people would be pissed off at this move you guys have made. You might want to consider a limited amount of rewards for your tournaments and so on, assuming you still care about trading.

Ifem21, Pattn199 and PhdNiceGuy like this.
  7. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

How are they grabbing money? Theyre free from weekend tournaments.

Edit: I guess youre referring to Beermaiden and Guardians Treasure etc. I was annoyed that Guardians Treasure was released as a pay to win LE. I dont usually care for LEs but Guardians Treasure is BS.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

For PA at least, it's been a chance for some of the newer players to play casual tourneys with other guild members and have a realistic shot at the runes.

themacca, Netherzen and Anima26 like this.
  9. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Awesome art!

10. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I get we're panicing about rune value but can we talk about the zombie chucking immolated severed heads at a big yeti/centaur/centipede hybrid?

super71, JellyBerry, Ifem21 and 6 others like this.
  11. warhead111

warhead111 The King of Potatoes

not panicing but there are players and collectors. Both groups put money in this game. long ago they bring in le angels again . That was the end of the collectors.
    No trust anymore in this game to add money. I put in at least 100 $ in every exp before this angels scam long ago. After that i keep on playing a little but after the blue vinny and kartch tourney and now this ....... never 1 $ again in this game for sure. (I still had new hope after SOE )So this is not only me but there are so much more collectors.

12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I really don't get the people who think the runes should accrue in value over time. If pox ever shuts down, the collections are worthless. Since everyone knows the collections will one day be worthless, people should only expect the values to diminish over time. If I put $100 toward the purchase of a super awesome toaster, I don't expect to sell that toaster in 5 years for $150. Homes appreciate in value over time, toasters do not; are runes more like homes or toasters? I say they are more like toasters.

super71, hfok, Ifem21 and 3 others like this.
  13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i love that did not have to trade for boghopper zombie or haunting spirit, i won them in the tournaments! thank you!

super71, hfok, Ifem21 and 3 others like this.
  14. Anima26

This is me in regards to the hate that the LEs tourny rewards are creating.

[​IMG]

15. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

Edit: how do i fix this image? NVM

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Anima26

try finding the image again and right clicking, the copy img url then try posting it. Im not sure if thats what u did first time.

17. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Guys LEs aren't gonna have longterm value. The game has only a couple hundred active players. If you're collecting LIMs as an investment for the future, you should probably stop and go hit the stock market instead. They're digital play pieces in a niche game and when the servers go down all runes are gonna have the same value: $0.

If this were Magic or YGO and there were a semi-stable demand for cards I would understand being upset at LIM reprintings, but the value of Pox cards is basically null at this point anyway. The trader has maybe 4-5 pages of trades up at any time now and the main store for this community is about to close down. We need to accept that we're playing this game just for fun and company at this point.

Netherzen, Ifem21 and Anima26 like this.
  18. Anima26

[​IMG]

:p

Pattn199 likes this.
  19. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

If you mean PoxBox, it's not closing down. Look at the newest update on poxbox.

hfok, Bellagion and Anima26 like this.
  20. Anima26

Good news i suppose, if nothing else PB is fantastic for new players. Older players can just use the Forge or trade (firk trading).

Edit: We just need more new players, or even returning players.

soulmilk likes this.