Discussion: Release Date, Boon's Eve Tournament, & Preview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

That's good, but the value of digital game components is still precarious at best.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Let the door hit you on the way out

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Aaaaaaanyway, I'm excited to see the improvements to ranked that sok spoiled a couple days ago(and i think changes for DoW, too)

Gnomes, super71, Ifem21 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

>throws a tantrum and repeatedly insults the devs of the game that he's apparently "faithful" to
    >"Im a nice guy"
    LOL, good bait, 8/8

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

it's a grekin

6. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

u blind fam?

7. Kicrimson

Kicrimson The King of Potatoes

Hi,

Just want to give input, hopefully the admins consider both side.
    There is 2 side of people that prefer limited rune to be limited and those who do not care about collectibles and just see it as a chance to get runes (that is claimed limited).

I myself have quite a number of limited (multiple harbs, limited shoebox runes, etc)
    I love playing these kind of games, but as a player vs collector
    I am more to collecting.

I think, people like me spent the most in games like these.
    The other side perhaps think of us to be stupid to collect instead of doing trades to just play runes that you want to play.
    But I think if you are having fun doing it, then lets not judge anyone =)

In my opinion, I believe I say this on behalf of collectors.
    If you say something is limited, it should be limited. Nothing release will be a value to us collector if it is unlimited.
    No one will trust your "limited" and I for one have decreasing interest in collecting pox runes due to this.

thanks for reading
    here's a smiley face :)

Pattn199 likes this.
  8. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

TBH i hate south park xD only remembered the fatty getting beat by the girl :p

sigh just sigh, was | | <-- that close to give you my like but yeah, NO.!!
    better luck next time? xD

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I have no interest in trading in this game, everyone wants u to be the down trader and there are sharks everywhere. Aint nobody got time for that. Im very happy with the forge.

10. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

who is the artist of this preview?

11. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Not to sound cheesy but I'm happy I got the LE Haunting Spirits. But I honestly feel for others who probably have spent a lot more to get them. I'm all for making this available but I think Dogz should make legendary versions of them for such tournament prizes. They are called LE for a reason. Just my thought.

Gnomes and Anima26 like this.
  12. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

haunting spirit? boghopper zombie? ty.

13. Jayaris

Jayaris The King of Potatoes

Out of interest, do BGs still require ridiculous amounts of expensive runes to be competitive? I was going to buy some runes next expansion but I don't want to have to spend too much when I can just play Legacy of the Void instead.

Gnomes likes this.
  14. Anima26

No, a lot of themes are competitive on a budget, but it depends on what you mean by competitive though. If youre looking for top 10 ranking, then your options are probably a little more limited but there are still solid decks in that bracket that arent full of legendaries and such. I guess it also depends on what you mean by "budget" but if youre planning on at least spending some money then you should be more than fine.

DOG have made some changes in an attempt to make "rarirty = power" less prevalant, a lot of the best runes for themes/decks can be found in the common/uncommon/rare categories. There are some exceptions though, plenty of legendaries still worth including in decks. Also, as you can expect really, a lot of the exotics and legendaries from the latest expansion tend to be really good and worthy of including in their respective themes. Gotta make some moneys.

Jayaris likes this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Like DMR and Anima said, you can be competitive with a really low budget, especially with FW. The vengeful decks out there right now run their gameplan on commons and uncommons -- my list has 1 non-core Exo as the hardest acquisition, everything else is cheaper than that -- and every faction to some extent can compile a cheap deck. For the most part, price correlates much more with what kind of deck you want to play, rather than the deck's power. Some themes have their core runes tied up in the Leg and Exo rarities, and you need those to get the deck to function, where as decks or thematic ideas which aren't explicit themes will be much cheaper. Building some 15/15 BG with a particular synergy in mind is a great way to get a cheap, tier 1.5 (maybe even tier 1 if you're skilled and a bit lucky) deck.

Jayaris likes this.
  16. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

Ahhhh.... my Haunting Spirit is going to go down in value!
    (yes I have one)

Do you know how much that bothers me?!?

...not at all.

Srsly.

I wasn't planning on trading mine away so this doesn't hurt me one little tiny bit.
    I couldn't give a rat's butt how it's value fluctuates.

*shrugs*

17. Anima26

How refreshing to read. Respect from me to you sir.

18. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Seconded

19. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Well it seems Pox is in need for a new rarity, golden/brown border. "Unique" champs.

Common:
    Uncommon:
    Rare:
    Exotic:
    Lucky price, the goal for the expansion
    Legendary:
    Hard to get and midterm rune
    Limited: Events-&-Deals rune
    Unique: Untradeable or Once-in-a-lifetime runes

20. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is probably time for more artwork.