Discussion: Revamp Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 26, 2014.

1. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Bonewing and Imp Vixen both becoming melee makes me sad. Actually, any psychic attack that's melee only makes me a little sad, but especially those two. :(

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

LOLOLOLOLOL go look at moga yall. I definitely called it

3. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Sigh. Well, there went my interest in this game. Shall we look at my favourite runes:

- Serkan, Lich Master (my favourite hero)
    He lost:
    1pt of damage
    1pt of speed
    2pts of minimum range
    Surge: Lich
    Defensive Strike (base)

He gained:
    The ability to take Frost Cone lv3
    Rank 2 teleport (try to imagine me unenthusiastically blowing a party horn)

And, even better, his cos has actually increased by 18pts. Because why nerf something with a screwdriver when you can use a sledgehammer?

So, that's skillfully killed both my favourite hero and my favourite deck (liches).

- Dark Knight
    Lost:
    1pt of damage
    1pt of speed
    Warding
    Now has to choose between Surge: Lich and Damage Resistance: Physical.

Gained:
    2hps

Oh well, one deck dead, moving on.

Kiergana
    Lost:
    2pts of speed!
    Magic Blast
    Shielded
    Soulshift 1
    Life Siphon now competes with Boost: Kanen

Splendid! How did you know that I acquired this rune just so it could sit worthlessly in my collection forever? You must be psychic.

Rupture Alpha
    Lose Life Siphon entirely

Well, that's the thing I liked most about this rune gone.

Maybe Kanen decks aren't dead yet, but my interest in them certainly is.

Grundelwulf Alpha
    Lost:
    1pt of speed
    Deep Wounds
    Horrific Howl
    Improve Speed
    Escape

Gained:
    HAHAHA... as if

For months I'd looked at the Grundelwulf on Poxbox. it was pretty expensive (with my budget, at least), and I didn't really have a deck for it. However, I liked the image of a regenerating wolf-thing, and liked both the flavour and function of Life Siphon, Deep Wounds and Horrific Howl.

Well, at least I got in a couple of games with it before you removed virtually everything that ever made me want to own it.

Sorry, but I'm really struggling to understand the necessity of these changes. e.g. was it really necessary to remove Surge: Lich from Serkan, Lich Master? And, in the (unlikely) event that the answer is 'yes', was it also necessary to cripple his speed, worsen his range, *and* increase his cost?

4. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like the overall work done. Of course there are small things here and there that could probably be changed, like most heros being given 7 speed back for that high Nora cost and overall need (i.e. see Serkan, Coragh, Xulos, or non -heros like Bone Elemental - I'm FW player so that's what I check first)

The things I love are the overall strategic injection to the game and notes cost has a HUGE part to play in all of this.

I still hate abilities like parafeedback, but at least it's brought down to 2 turns.

Overall, AMAZING first step and THANK YOU for all of the hard work put in to bring back this great game.

5. BroWatchThis

And holy crap to mogas being more than a viable theme now... look at how amazing Recruiter is going to be...

6. BroWatchThis

And Sceian is one of the only heros under 100 Nora with 7 spd and 16 base dmg...

7. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I think Kanen Slipped is sort of boring now. Just my two cents.

8. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

The description of Curse (1) and Curse (2) are the same. So, what is the difference between the two besides 3 nora? (I'm looking at Forsaken Follower)

9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

GUYS GUYS! Kanen Scavenger has Soul Collection! He is default 53 Nora! (Is it just me thinking this is a big deal?)

10. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Wut?

Du Firk?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    Stargorger likes this.
  11. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

I don't actually understand why Stitched Concealer lost Shadow Shift and why Stitched Librarian has both Shatter (upgrade) and Recycle (base).

Also I don't know why Charged Frost Cone cost 1 more nora than fire and disease ones.

Also, Stitched Symbiosis (a passive ability) shouldn't have the red square around its icon like the activated abilities.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Someone Explain to me why DMC has no basic attack yet has burn 1,2,3 as upgrades. It's got 3 negative abilities and no basic attack at this point, thats not going to work.

Tarathil, Stargorger and sassquatch like this.
  13. BroWatchThis

You guys can't be serious about Nokhan Guide, right.... He was actually buffed in all actuality.

14. Daahlia

Daahlia New Member

I hate the revamp!!!!!!!!!

15. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

AoC with Attack Charged? Count me in.

Meanwhile, any UD/SP splits that uses Shallaxy and Korona. We feel sorry for you.

And for the record, Serkan deserves the nerf. I mean, a deck centered around him is just a pain to play against. the range and damage is just crazy. Especially how he also has a bomb ability and defensive strike.

Tarathil likes this.
  16. BroWatchThis

No... serkan didn't deserved to be nerfed that hard. That's just stupid to even say and completely ignorant of you, RedScarlet.

Second, you guys are trying to push this anti-high speed campaign with the revamp, yet Salaman Dervish is still 9 spd rofl. Sure you may say, "he has berzerker" but cry me a river since he doesn't spend any ap on attacking... can we do something about that? maybe get him 5 spd base so he has 7 spd with Berzerker? Getting tired of OP FS things... and people constantly whine about FW lol that's funny.

vipoid likes this.
  17. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

When can we get DisLikes for stuff like that^ ?

Explosteevo and Tarathil like this.
  18. kharontte

kharontte New Member

All the game mechanics have change

19. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

slipworm doesn't have constrict? slipworm is one of the original constrict champs... I suppose teleport and evasive still makes it an anti-ranged champion unit but why give the worm the cookie cutter always useful evasive that's super common ever since it's invention... instead of the flavorful worm like niche ability of constrict?

20. iBlu

iBlu New Member

Im glad about some change on the revaps others well.... One of the changes that you was made on this revamp was removing one of the signature abilities of all angels: Aerial supremacy.

Why didnt you make a new ability that included, aerial supremacy + flying? I mean, almost all dragons from SL gain dragonsflight (AKA skywing). It would be nice if you concider make an ability called Master of the skies (This unit has fying and Aerial supremacy) and all angel have it, since it is as I said a signatur ability form angels.