Discussion: Revamp Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just so you know, rapid attack seems to be using the range of the champion and not melee range like the description states.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Intentionally, afaik; the error is in the text, not in the code.

3. mortar78

mortar78 New Member

Disappointing. Quite honestly, I am not as enthralled as everybody else seems to be. I am not as appreciative of the changes. Abilities are to limited in my opinion and only two that can be altered from a select list. I understand the reason but I believe we may have had a knee jerk reaction in the opposite direction in order to combat power creep. The Nora costs seem imbalanced to me as well. Shardmaster a common and Shardseer a limited are basically the same rune rune now only the limited costs ten more Nora. It feels like those of us who have been around for a while are being punished and collecting runes since the beginning and have spent a great deal of money or time in order to acquire rare or more powerful runes. Just my sad opinion at first blush.

Edit: Upon reviewing some of the runes and the abilities I do not see any advantage to gaining experience and levels with many of the one abilities you are can choose from. Am I misunderstanding how this system works or is there little to absolutely no advantage in leveling up some of your runes?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    ahboush likes this.
  4. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

For the 558123t571 time: this changes are NOT final.

Tarathil likes this.
  5. Goodkeenan

Goodkeenan The King of Potatoes

Please just take a look at Basilisk Templar and Blackscale Centurion. Centurion was known as being a swiss army knife which obviously isn't do able in todays poxnora so instead of removing the abilities he had that other cheaper draksar (such as Draksar Marauder with his Battlemaster) you removed the only things that made him unique - command block and cast: acid shield. Now he has no use as he isn't unique and is completely overshadowed by cheaper Draksar.

Basilisk Templar kept his cost he had before but lost the abilities that made him runnable AND also lost the stats that made him so good (I.E 7 Speed). He is also completely overshadowed by any Draksar rune that wants to be a tank. He lost any appeal. He has far less abilities than dunes manticore and has pretty similar stats. How can this be justified?

6. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

7. ahboush

ahboush New Member

Is it possible to develop 2 kind of battleground? 1 allow player to run the revamp rune and 1 allow player to run the original patch runes? Perhaps this will satisfy all the old player and at the same time attract more new player?

8. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

I feel like Gnarlwood Tanglefoot is going to be a little out of line with split bgs since it no longer has pariah, skirmisher, or unequippable. It will be easy to turn him into a super champ. I'm thinking in particular rage band + transfusion would make for a pretty easy shrine kill. I'm terrible at these game breaking combos things but I got a hunch about this guy.

9. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Owls put more work in this revamp cuz this is really not even close to finished , and im not going to be your beta tester.
    When you finish this game il come and play it but like this ... just work on it

JaceDragon likes this.
  10. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Really dig the new C&C. It makes more sense with what you were trying to do with theme/racials.

Now if only Skeez Alliance worked the same way...

11. Dakos

Dakos New Member

I realy love you that you guys wanne change everything. But there are some things i think that can be better like for example menalaus from KF is weaker then thirion since you can use grimlics mirror on him. While menalaus is like the boss KF rune. Also just because i like harbingers they need to be a little bit cheaper to be playeble atm there just to expansive and you cant use them and after all they are the poxnora number 1 rune :). For the rest realy great idea to do this.

12. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Whats the best way to bring up ability prices that don't make sense? For example battle leader being +11 nora over the price of Battle Master 3 is a bit ridicules.

Xirone likes this.
  13. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Lol not the sharpest tool in the shed I see, Emries. I appreciate your ignorance and trolling.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  14. BroWatchThis

Take a look at the Nora cost on Long Hunter and Shredder or base spd. I'm starting to notice all the 7 speed Champs are all in the protectorate factions...

15. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

The other aspect with Serkan is that he's basically been left without any useful role whatsoever. Lich King is cheaper, faster, more resilient and can have much better damage with one of his Surge abilities.

Serkan is the Lich Master, yet he doesn't actually do anything for or with liches. He lost Surge Lich but received nothing to replace it. And, with all his other nerfs, he's far from being any sort of useful ranged beater - he's now just ludicrously expensive and doesn't do anything.

In terms of fixing him, maybe swap out Cripple for Surge: Lich. The latter fits his theme and works well with his other abilities. The latter is almost entirely worthless, and something I'd have thought would be the first to go when it came to trimming down abilities.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  16. BroWatchThis

Serkan needs help. Moragen and Xulos are the best heros now in FW.

This is just an idea to see Carrion Colossus be worth the 122 Nora he cost...
    Make Carrionling a 5 dmg, 10 hp champion and you have done something not OP, but have given his swarms something worth the 122 Nora.

Just an idea that I think would be awesome.

17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I've noticed some oddities, too, but in different ways. For example, several champions have upgrade paths that have two similar abilities, have similar costs, and yet one tends to always be better. To demonstrate, look at Elven Druid's first upgrade path (he can choose between Dark Raven Form and Eagle Form). Both forms grant Race: Beast, Flight, Mobility, Detection 3, and RNG 1, but Eagle Form also grants +2 SPD. You would expect Eagle Form to cost a little more than Dark Raven Form, but, no, they are the same price. There is literally no advantage to selecting Dark Raven Form (unless you like the sprite?).

Maregotcha likes this.
  18. BroWatchThis

It's time for you guys to focus on fixing the need that is IS and ST. So many people cheating and abusing glitches from those two factions.

19. Votel

Votel New Member

Well, I'm glad you got the base code things fixed. As for the other things, you missed the whole reason I was looking forward to the revamp. The a general nerf is understandable, but the changes done seem to be made by some one who was actually trying to build a difernt game instead of thinking about the current.
    1: I was looking forward to being able to trade gold for the gold only runes. (not that I have any use for them now)
    2: What's the point in having a race ability that doesn't go to the hole race? or one that requires a skill slot to use?
    3: What's the point of having to pick from tunnel sand or tunnel grass when the champ's base skill is tunnel earth?

Well instead of pointing out several pages of things that are messed up. How bout a few suggestions to make things a bit more playable/less annoying.
    1. Allow me to remove base skills I'm not using for a nora cost reduction. (since you already picked nora values for things)(poorly)
    2. Allow me to remove an upgraded ability for a nora cost reduction. (many of the new picks are useless in combination with the others)
    3. Bulk rune sacrifice in the rune forge with the option of hiding leveled runes, or at least remove the dam confirm/reset every rune.

With the amount of real money invested into your company, I'd expect you to take a stronger look at who's contributing and how they are trying to help you.
    Keeping an ear to the wind (Free to play only people) is a good idea as well. If you rank your paying customers, then searched the old forums, there are so many good suggestions. Implementing just the hand full you can with out too much trouble would make this game as big as any. (As I see it you just returned to beta)

I'll check back in a few months to see how your doing. Till then good luck.

20. Votel

Votel New Member

So if you hired me to help you with this, I'd start by ranking all the skills in the game into 6 levels, then assign a nora cost to each level of upgrade. ALL champs get assigned race and class. Each champ gains it's race skill with it's idenetity skill at base. Each champ then gets a # of skill level points by rarity and level. some classes can't use certain skills, same with races.

You can see where I'm going with this.... the more custom the better.

Now that sony is out of the way, and we are back in beta why not make it count. Bring back the things people liked B4 the first two beta releases. add new elements to the game, have smarter AI, team V computer campaigns with random map creation, picking up with what you had left from the last round, add weather and changing map conditions. THERE IS NO LIMIT to what you can do.