Discussion: Ronin Rune Preview 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

God damn it chickenpox. Your stupidity never fails to make me laugh.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  2. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

The irony.

But yes, your stupidity spotting skills are spot on.

3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

This is a text description of him. However, generally speaking, ingame experience trumps simple talk. So tell me, when exactly is the last time you have actually faced it, in battle? Just so I know we're on the same page.

And if your answer is recently, you gotta tell me how you defeated it. Because in that scenario, I honestly wanna learn the how.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Play FW?

But seriously, you handle AoV how you handle any other low-durability melee bruiser. If a BG lacks tools to manage those kinds of threats, it really isn't competitive. A short-list of one-shot answers would run counter to what it actually means to handle a situation in Pox, but in general, focused ranged damage and non-CC champ suppression keep him bottled up. As a 2x2, any viable tank can keep him pinned. A couple factions have reset buttons on him or even straight kills.

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

The last time AoV was actually a factor, it had 7 spd and Whirl of Blades. And even then you needed Dunewalker, Dune Mantle and a couple of Transfusions to make it work.

I don't want to pull the git gud card but... yeah.

Guys my first post was a joke, I thought it was obvious. If you want to find some hot stuff to "break" (lmao) SSA, you'll have to look in another faction. And it's certainly not going to be a melee champ.

Woffleet likes this.
  6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Too bad lodestone armoury cant give equipments anymore

7. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

In short, it wrecks new and unprepared players. Hopefully new players don't get too frustrated by runes like this before they get runes and become skilled enough to beat it

8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Hopefully at some point Amareth will show up to make use of all these things she makes/has.

xezno and DarkJello like this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

There is an astounding number of runes that do that right now. About half this game is unstable enough to destroy an unaccustomed or confused player.

That said, it's detrimental effect on newer players would be a more compelling reason to change it than any potential influence it has elsewhere.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

She may or may not be alive.

Woffleet and xezno like this.
  11. Xirone

I, for one, think certain charge mechanics like Violence Charged and Heal Charged just need to go away. Both types of abilities can create too many charges over a short time span.

Tarathil likes this.
  12. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

In Poxnora, that just means "She may or may not be released as a FW champion."

13. Xirone

double post, sorry.

14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

What is the ransom? PM with account numbers please.

Proof of life needed before money sent.

xezno and soulmilk like this.
  15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I doubt it
    she will probably come as spirit of Amareth KF champ with 99 base speed

16. soulmilk

Apart from the 99 base speed, I can see that.

17. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Still waiting for Jaw'groth, Stampede Overlord (aka the hippo hero for the new FS hippo theme)

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I kind of want to make a Peliphant

Woffleet and Poxlife like this.
  19. soulmilk

I am not sure if I dare asking what that is.

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

@Sokolov
    sok, could I get a preview of the new vothsair's feet?

you know just so I can wonder how the rest will look...

now I know what you're thinking

"meatman, is this some kind of weird way of asking for a vothsair peek, or you letting me know that you have a sexual fantasy involving vothsair feet?"

to which I would reply with "who are you the cops? maybe I do have a foot fetish don't judge me!"