Discussion September 25th 2014 Patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No FS changes

But its ok

Next time you'll overhaul it all

Right

... Right

2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

The achievement names on the bottom left once you log in have not registered apparently. (See Fikule below)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  3. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Quick first impression advice:

Change the typing font.
    Use borders on the top left pictures in the campaign screens.
    The campaign placement on the map feels weird, since the map can't be panned around. So you actually get to see where the first encounter and the last take place, whilst unable to see the ones in between (until you reach them). Either show only up to the one you have made your way to atm or let the map be draggable or sth.
    The inspirational quote on the tutorial page. Please. No.
    There's 2 tabs for the marketplace, no reason for it. I'd say keep the orange one and drop the top one.
    When we enter a drop down menu, make it so when the cursor is moved outside of it the menu doesn't close. Has been asked for before.

4. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

"Receive" is misspelled on the noob Welcome screen: "Complete the tasks below to unlock features and recieve bonus gold!"

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

If you are having trouble seeing your chat bar in the lobby try changing your screen resolution and re-log as a temp fix. We are currently working on a permanent one. Apparently the old default values for screen settings weren't being cleared when the patch was downloaded. For the time being avoid using the Legacy aspect ratio because of this issue.

6. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

upload_2014-9-25_21-57-21.png

For pretty much all of them.

7. GlassKiwi

GlassKiwi The King of Potatoes

Hey senshu the game freeze in the loading screen for me, idk what happened, anyone in the same situation as me?

Attached Files:

8. Fikule

also, how do I get Full Screen? The patch notes say there is a non-windowed full screen mode in there now?

upload_2014-9-25_22-1-20.png

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That option was removed due to some redundancy and performance issues. Notes have been updated, thanks for pointing that out.

10. GlassKiwi

GlassKiwi The King of Potatoes

The problem started after the recent update i think that maybe is related to the resolution changes, how i can change the resolution without accesing the lobby senshu? :(

11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

@Senshu I just want to say as a returning player that you guys (D.O.G) are a breath of fresh air, ive been more than impressed so far. Long live Pox. :)

Senshu and DarkJello like this.
  12. Fikule

@Senshu
    Does the game still kick you if you're inactive?

i.e. can I leave the game open in the lobby without getting kicked and having to re-log each time I come back for a game?

13. Fikule

Also, Bug:

When you first log in and click Skirmish in Single Player it instantly takes you back to the main single player screen after flashing up the skirmish screen. Not horrible, but still, not very nice :p

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I also couldn't access the second tutorial, it still says 0/3 complete after completing the first one.

Generally though, I like the changes. Good job.

15. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Guys, the updated UI looks great and MAX kudos on the daily achievements. Super nice. Now, rune accessibility (meaning players can get any rune they want in this game from YOU GUYS via gold or owl bucks) and then throw it on Steam! Good job!

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Fikule

upload_2014-9-25_23-32-5.png

Another cliloc bug.

17. Fikule

Also, you can instantly quit a game and it counts as a game with an X in it (ex. Priest)?

I alt+F4'd a game as my neighbour came over for tea. And it counted as a game played.

18. Fikule

Tutorial Bug:

upload_2014-9-25_23-36-31.png

Casting a spell on the wrong location (tried it with both earthquake and hammer strike) locks the "gem" icon in place until you actually cast the spell.

Note that my cursor is where the ground is highlighted. The red gem is just locked in place where I tried to cast the spell. It stays there until you successfully cast the spell. Which is harder with an invisible cursor :p

(fullscreen windowed mode)

19. Fikule

Tutorial 3 Text:

upload_2014-9-25_23-45-42.png

on YOUR own

as a group to attack YOUR opponent

Etherielin likes this.
  20. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

The new UI looks great, especially the modals - I feel a bit of the "pack opening" endorphin rush every time one of those pops up. The NUX really feels empowering and rewarding.

That is, until I start thinking about what to do with the gold I've been getting. It looks like the gold reward for completing all of NUX is about 4000. Is there something strategic about that number? That's shy of an Avatar and only accounts for a couple of Core Set Packs if you take into account some of the extra gold bonuses accrued along the way. In Hearthstone, it's not hard to get 6 packs just by completing all of the unique quests.

IMO, opening packs should probably be emphasized over buying campaigns, avatars, token packs, or theme decks. I think packs are what will hook people into sticking around and trying to earn more gold.

EDIT: One more thing, there is no quit button on screen when playing Pox in fullscreen. You have to find it in the option menu. To steal a quote from Rory Sutherland, that's "actually bloody terrifying." ;)

Paper Skull likes this.