Discussion: Spirits Beyond Midterm Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 11, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

yeah

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

How do you not QA something like that?

3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Clearly they should not have left QA to the baby.

NevrGonaGivUup and Qucas like this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It was QA'd and working. Something weird happen after the testing was done.

It's development - this stuff happens :(

That said, this has high priority for a fix, as it obviously needs to be.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Gnomes likes this.
  5. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

So, alot of these changes didn't actually go through? eradicate unchanged, tremir ability unchanged, sarinda still has violence charge 3 etc.

I haven't gone through every ability change just a few that were immediately important to what I was playing. Why is that?

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

code shmode, I was commenting on 'balance'.
    what about going the OTHER other way? since dom/cliff has survived this long it seems evident to me that chasm insta kills are not considered a balance concern. so simply allow knock back into chasms again. The only reason people complained about that in the first place was as a counter to all the dom/cliff whining. and really what does all this catering to the whiners about 'balance' actually do for this game? just takes up all your dev time, doesn't actually balance the game anyway, and makes as many people mad as it does happy. and truth be told, you are really only balancing the game around the active players, basically picking winners and losers. I know you may not think that's what youre doing, but effectively it is.

7. Sokolov

Possession diving needs some core code changes to fix, so not an easy one, but it is still planned.

Qucas likes this.
  8. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Thanks for adding Shadowstrike back to Lurker

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

A fix for the Riftwalker ability being set as passive instead of active has been deployed. Expect to see a quick download next time you launch Pox Nora.

Ohmin likes this.
  10. Sokolov

It could, but it's sort of hacky and still leaves room for stuff like CC/AP Control still diving things. It'd make it more expensive to pull off, but we'd still have to account for that potential power level of potential cliff kills.

I'd rather solve it right so that we can re-balance Possession to actually be an interesting mechanic to use.

It's also why I am considering the Knockback change to mimic the cliff dive mechanic and take AP before damage, this way Knockback in general can be used more often and in larger scales without the 5 DMG/space concerns.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    yobanchi likes this.
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Or KB interruption, yeah. Wonky stuff.

12. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Myx too?

13. Senshu

We are looking into that one at the moment.

Gnomes likes this.
  14. Senshu

We just deployed a new game client patch that has fixed this problem. If you are currently in the game you will need to close it and relaunch for the update to install.

Gnomes likes this.
  15. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Isn't the usefulness of chasms too limited with this new change?

Pattn199 likes this.
  16. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

I would like to see them get stunned or gain lumbering, awestruck, etc. for a few turns. Like they are climbing out.

17. Senshu

Interesting thought.

18. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

All chasm spaces could be turned to Tar. It would need an artist to touch up some maps, though.

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Then we could have "Tarwalker" and "Domain: Tar".

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

To be honest i really felt like the chasm change was unnecessary. The only way people were ever getting KB chasm'd was by making a major mistake (which most major mistakes cost you the game anyways) or if the opponent makes a awesome play. IE Relocate Foe, Punish attack then KB into chasm. But i'd say the major mistake part is the more frequent cause of KB chasms and i dislike that the game is being designed around people making mistakes when there was already an effective failsafe against chasming anyways

Pattn199 likes this.