Discussion: The Ronin Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Shall Attack: Red Electricity, Attack: Toe Lightning and Attack: Mouth Lightning be replaced with Attack: Lightning while we're at it? For clarity!

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

http://poxbase.com/changes

the difference in readability and utility of Nea's change log versus your official one is mind blowing.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Oh I agree. I will be seeing how we can improve that going forward.

Note that even then it's not correct (not PoxBase's fault), because adjustments to the base ability costs of units did not take effect, but we are going to wait til we restart at some point to fix that (it's a fairly extensive database hit).

Goyo, Etherielin and newsbuff like this.
  4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

How long will the mega boxes be available for?

5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I was agreeing with you, you complete and utter donut.

6. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

you realize they lost the AP at start of turn?

7. m007kuzya

m007kuzya Well-Known Member

Oh Really? I thought that just from this spell they went not summon ... Maybe I'm wrong.
    If from graveyard skeletal now "summoned", it is bad :( Because it was pretty funny use skeleton from 2x Greveyard with Serkan Master equiped with Vendetta (+1 dmg for each real undead death) :)
    Skeletal from Graveyard consume 2hp from Shrine, so they can be "real", i suggested :/

8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Small commentary on more specific SL changes:

Imperator is still godawful. He needs acolytes removed or he will never be cheap enough to deploy. The changes to bombs mean he can bomb once per turn and has to do nothing during 3rd turn. Basic attack will not help if he is still mid 80 nora. It will help, however, if you put a useful abillity + basic attack and remove acolytes - or at least move them to upgrades.

Sand elemental is nice, looking forward to trying him out.

Acid elemental is still awful. The combination of scour 3 + acid eater brings his cost up by 17 nora, and his stats suffer in result.

Vigor acid seems expensive for what it does. Accrue is 8 nora. Vigor:acid is 7 nora. This seems like a nerf to myx Adamant, which doesn't need extra ap to tank stuff.

That is all.

9. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

I find it funny how Vindrax gets listed 3 times for the same changes. You guys could have saved some space there :D

10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

No, I think most of those cost changes are due to ability cost changes, which aren't displayed directly on every affected champ.

11. Sokolov

Sirius is correct.

Additionally, a number of cost adjustments are not currently reflected, so there'll be an update for that soon.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't know, with acidstorm you have the potential to just go wild. Balancing these AP gens is always hard. If anything, AP gen shouldn't be as cheap as it is now in a lot of cases.

I agree on the Adamant though, it didn't need vigor: acid. I don't see how it fits from a gameplay nor lore perspective. Other champs would have been better, perhaps.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

If by "go wild" you mean give your adamant/mindwarp a total of 2 ap, then yes. The cap of proccing once per turn means "wild" is a little strong of a word.

Unless it also gives them 2 ap next turn if someone gets damaged by scoured, if that is the case I would rather remove DoTs from this equation.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I thought it procced off scoured in one of my games. I should confirm, but eh.

It's an interesting mechanic, but it could use some tweaks.

15. Sokolov

What do you propose?

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I wouldn't let it proc off scoured. Scoured means that you can't control the AP gen as much as just straight acid damage. I mean, ideally the champ dies, so you don't get a benefit from it. As well as the scoured proc doesn't allow you to get the acid damage proc since the cap exists, so you it feels a bit clumsy. It's nice to have it proc off scoured when you don't have acid damage for that turn, but that's about it. Which is only the case if you used acidstorm or if the opponent killed your champ with scour (since they all have acid attack, iirc). Give it a -2 nora in this case.

Or allow scoured and acid damage to proc both, once a turn. Not sure if that's possible to code. That way you could get up to 4 AP, but you can't instantly gain 4 AP on the spot as scoured requires you to wait for the DoT to tick. But with the right planning you could gain 4 AP a turn, which would increase it's strategic element. I'm unsure if a cost change would be needed in this case, or howmuch this cost change would be. This version sounds like the most interesting one, but like I said, the coding sounds pretty difficult.

Unless we're talking about removing the cap or increasing the range, this is all I got. The cap seems fine for a reason, AP gen as a general rule shouldn't be stronger than it already is. About the range, I am unsure if changing the range would do much for you. As long as the cap remains in place, I don't think a range increase (small one, 1-2 spaces) would be gamebreaking.

Hope this is of use

@Sokolov

There seems to be confusion. Movn claims you said it doesn't proc off scoured. IT DOES. It procs of every proc of scour, both on your own and the opponents turn.

My post wouldn't make sense if you think it wouldn't. Not sure if that's unintended or not, but this is currently the case.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

There's a big difference between AP gen out of combat and AP gen in. That explains the cost imo.

Sealer0 likes this.
  18. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It's because they have it set to automatically populate the patch notes, and there are three runes named "Vindrax" (The original, a sepia limited, and the holiday limited).

19. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

After finishing SL and writing my post I thought of that too.
    Same thing doesnt only happen just once after all. But it could have been made simpler by just saying: Vindrax (all versions) - ~changes~

20. Sokolov

Someone (I don't remember who) said it wasn't proccing off DoTs.

I replied that I had intended it to proc off DoTs, but wouldn't be in a rush to change it if it was balanced without DoT procs.