Diversifying IS Heroes

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Aug 8, 2014.

?

Is IS OP?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Yes

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. No (If you select this answer you likely meant yes but your finger slipped.)

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Disclaimer: I am not planning any changes for IS heroes nor do I think anything is going to happen anytime soon short of the Hero ability receiving a cost nerf. I just want to prompt a conversation and see where it goes.

Currently all 3 IS heroes fall under the same theme, Paladins. Bastion is on the outskirts and usable in Barb decks but doesn't bring anything to the theme outside Damage, of which they are not exactly short on. What would people think if the heroes got spaced out a bit to fit and support different themes.

Euan - Drunks/Dwarves (Play through his campaign for background on this.)
    Talgar - Paladins
    Bastion - Barbarians (Not sure why he is a paladin anyway outside of being an angel. Angels have warriors too :( )

2. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I would like to see such a diversification.
    With regard s to IS isOP, there is alot of noise being made about this, are we actually that over the top? Or is it just the cool/loud kids being all cool and loud.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

But I like using my Xmas Euan with CtE :(

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Oh, I dont think Euan should ever not be a Paladin. Its part of his lore.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

How would you plan on making Euan more Drunk/Dwarf related? Put CtE on tree and carouse to base?

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I don't know. Havnt actually given it serious thought.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Maybe Surge: Dwarf instead of Surge: Enemy?

8. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

I do not think it is possible. Bastion can lose paladin and maybe get race demi god instead of angel and/or barbarian. Becauase, we should be realistic, he is demi god.
    Talgar and Euan cant be really specialized, they are fine.
    Maybe they could lose paladin and Magnus become paladin hero( and make him no suck ofcours).
    Then we would have bastion for barbs, euan, talgar for dwarfs and aria, magnus for paladins.

Talgar and Euan could become warriors, priests instead of paladin.

9. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

But surge dwarf 2

10. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

No no no....

11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

My thoughts when reading the title, before viewing the thread: "Oh great, I bet this is gonna be another thread filled with sugestions on how to make everything more tied into themes".
    My thoughts after viewing the thread: "mmmyep".

Nothing wrong with themes guys, but you gotta realize, part of why the game didn't feel diverse enough pre-revamp was because almost everything belonged in a theme. Also, if you theme everything, you'd damn better make sure you covered every single possible playstyle that could cross through someone's mind as a serious consideration, or else you'll get some people with no theme to represent them. OR you can make themes actually allow wild out-of-theme synergistic additions when deckbuilding (which Surge: Dwarf for example doesn't really).
    So yeah, even though this is mostly a generic pet peeve of mine, I like to drop in in threads sometimes and voice it.

To conclude, my opinion is that I'm okay with some stuff getting pulled in themes, but I see no need to apply that for all the heroes. At least not all in race/class based themes. I occasionally like to see a hero who's just a badass mofo I can invest my big amount of nora in. So please keep this in mind when making suggestions.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think Kiergana is a good example of a thematic champ. Both trees have an ability that fits stitched and kanen. What about giving euan drunken and paladin options, talgar paladin and dwarf options, and bastion barbarian and paladin options?

Thbigchief likes this.
  13. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Sirius kinda hit for me. Everything being clumped together and then specialized in a certain role makes for a boring hero. Look at the SP hero line up for example. They are all physical damage melee but they all provide something different especially for the themes they represent.

The same applied to the IS heroes. While all are different in presence they all give you benefits to using them. Bastion with unstoppable or sky lancer facing down on you might make you think twice before you rush in gung ho, euan having a commander type feel, and talgar just harass his butt off.

Most feel IS is OP because they don't have minds for late game while playing us. The miner adds up, we constantly can heal, and our units hit like trucks for the Nora(expensive or efficiency wise ) and can change the tide of battle turn by turn.

I see kill engines like the Teleport replicator in of or the pulls from Spear that can just annihilate you.

14. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ha, but he and all drunks should lose race dwarf because it helps make a distinction between the civilized and non civilized members. If you are drunk you really don't help out your society after all. :p

15. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

What would you suggest stat-/ability-wise to align these heroes into those themes?

16. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

But hey, gives someone else to compare against.

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

Firk fingr slipt

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- thats what she said...we on a roll ...yeh buddy

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Diversify that stupid flying dorfbarbangel.

Euan with carouse on ups gives him plenty of possible synergy to drunk and maintains the paladin synergy.

Talgar could go non pal, dorfs... but that's just a class change which just minimizes him.

Tldr, Bastion to diversity class, others are fine.

20. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

Scrap all 3 and make a Construct Hero. It's all that matters!