Djins

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by 0ryuk0, Nov 3, 2015.

1. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

My idea for synergy with hyaenids.

"Djinflight: This unit is flying. The next hyaenid you deploy from the runedock gains 2 ap. When this effect triggers, this unit gains Death Sentence for 8 turns." Or.. "When this unit is within 5 spaces of a friendly hyaenid, this unit gains Death Sentence"

I set all Djins damage to 10 so there are no more surge thing.

Peaks Dao - Nora Cost: 79

DMG: 11 SPD: 6 RNG: 1-2 DEF: 1 HP: 48

Abilities:
    Attack: Physical
    Gift of the Djinn: Dao

Scrapper
    Djinflight

Upgrade 1:
    Strike (Default)
    Initiative 2 (+2 nora)
    Defender (-2 nora)

Upgrade 2:
    Block 1 (Default)
    Glorious Leap (+3 nora)
    Hold the Line (+2 nora)

Peaks Dew - Nora Cost: 88

DMG: 11 SPD: 6 RNG: 4-6 DEF: 0 HP: 46

Abilities:
    Attack: Physical
    Gift of the Djinn: Dew
    Tidal Wave

Djinflight

Upgrade 1:
    Splash (Default)
    Water Vortex (+2 nora)
    Trail: Water (0 nora)

Upgrade 2:
    Elusive (Default)
    Dive 3 (-8 nora)
    Domain: Water (-5 nora)

Peaks Ifrit - Nora Cost: 76

DMG: 11 SPD: 7 RNG: 1 DEF: 1 HP: 51

Abilities:
    Attack: Fire
    Gift of the Djin: Ifrit

Djinflight
    Fire Eater

Upgrade 1:
    Burn 2 (Default)
    Fire Aura 3 (+1 nora)
    Inhibiting Touch (-2 nora)

Upgrade 2:
    Amplify: Fire (Default)
    Fire Acolyte (+3 nora)
    Set Ablaze (+10 nora)

Peaks Marid - Nora Cost: 78

DMG: 11 SPD: 6 RNG: 2-5 DEF: 1 HP: 45

Abilities:
    Attack: Electricity
    Gift of the Djin: Marid
    Teleport 1

Djinflight

Upgrade 1:
    Distract (Default)
    Knockback 3 (+2 nora)
    Lightning Skewer (+5 nora)

Upgrade 2:
    Jolt 1(Default)
    Divine Favour (+3 nora)
    Hit and Run (+1 nora)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Netherzen likes this.
  2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Its a cool idea but i would like for elemetnals(djinns) and hyenids to be separate themes.

3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Well, I do like them as separate themes, cause I like Nids alone, without them. But I don't know, Djinns was made to be played together with Nids snce the bieggining, but they seems odd.

4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Still cost too much to run I think. Also why choose to give them all Death Sentence? And Amplify Fire default on a Djinn? Why?

5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I've always liked the idea of Djinn being able to "possess" friend hyaenids/champs to make a strong super champ. Think about a champion based form of reclaim (or two high Templars forming an archon). The benefit of the ability is that it would punish an opposing player who leaves a low health hyaenid or djinn alive by essentially creating a new champion with full health. It also synergizes a bit w/ the back half of the ff bonus. I expect we'd also see a lot of self-damaging effects in the bg (e.g. using friendly champs as a knockback wall and then possessing the champ to heal back the damage and create a super champ). Maybe it is too much of an UD/FW playstyle for SP. Also, it probably would require a lot of programming effort, and that's in scarce supply.

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

i feel the djinn belong with elementals, the nids are there for I HAVE NO IDEA.

7. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Nids are, in essence, an DoT/debuff focused bg, using lots of this stuff to gain advantage on battlefield. Djinns was created when nids wans't a theme itself, and served as complement to them, but now, that we have enought Nids to make an bg with only them, Djinns fall back in the shoebox. Think like Treefolk and De'lim. You can make an treefolk pure bg or you can make with de'lim champions, you choose.

The idea of Djinns "possessing" nids is nice, will be different from what we have now, and will give them something unique while keeping the flavor. But like you said, a lot of work need to be done if we go this way.

8. gamengamenut

i'd rather they do away with the whole idea of nids and dijnn having a "positive relationship". it should be more of a slave-master thing. Instead of just channeling to empower then i support the "possess" like a dijnn will take over a nid's body and become a "ascended" form of themselves while sacrificing the nid. Either that or they "force" a nid to worship then gaining stasis(crystalized defiled and all that) then they become "ascended" the form ends if the nid worshiping him dies or is "broken" out of it's prayer (starts on CD 3-4 turns? think of it like a root, has negative effects and positive ones).

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I just gotta say death sentence is definitely not an ability that should get handed out. Judgement was outright broken and death sentence is a considerable downgrade but its still a stupidly strong ability in hyaenids

Ifem21 likes this.
  10. gamengamenut

a grant death sentence might be better, with a high cd

11. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

I feel like Dao needs a way for his defender to actually work. He's not a nid right now, so his hold the line is just a self buff.
    I agree with removing one of the dive upgrades on Dew, but elusive may be a bit much of a replacement.
    Ifrit seems even less useful, i feel he should be moved away from trying to be some kind of fire alt damage besides the basic attack. (Amplify fire?..)
    The teleport on Marid is interesting.
    Just my 2 cents.

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Actually the Ifrit is by far the best one. Also spirit channeling turns Race: Hyaenids into Race: Elemental. It certainly would be awesome if spirit channeling was a permanent effect though