Does anime and manga promote pedophilia?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JazzMan1221, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no, what a strange question to ask to someone who does not have anime girls plastered all over his room like yourself.

and to be fair they have a problem with adults going after teens.

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

so, liking anime girls means you're a pedophile. Got it.

And I assume you think people who play Doom 3-D and listen to Marilyn Manson are school shooters, and people who like Cannibal Corpse are serial killers? :rolleyes:

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

In This Thread: People who can't distinguish between fantasy and reality.

[​IMG]

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I agree, sub-zero is showing too much sideboob and the mask does indeed keep me from estimating his age. Good catch.

Tweek516, Kampel, Ragic and 4 others like this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Please no

I swear, I didnt know that bar was within 500 yards of that kiddie playground.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Baskitkase likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't know, do/are you?

7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

low energy trolling. sad!

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

No, but it can modify what a culture (on average) thinks is perverted in the first place. Obviously what is considered perverted is relatively subjective, as different people view morality or "true purpose" of a thing differently. For example I tend to believe that ultimately morality is objective... but that people won't always see or understand it because their perception is limited (and/or because of self-delusion). This view, however, is not commonly shared with all that many others. Many believe in morality being entirely subjective. Others believe in morality being objective and their perspective being (clearly) the one and true objective standard for morality, etc.

For some people, homosexuality is a perversion. It is considered immoral and evil. For others, it is a morally justifiable condition. Possibly even a fulfillment of the natural order of genetics, destiny, love, or what have you.

Likewise, for some people, having more than one lover is considered a perversion. For others (especially some Mormons as the best known example) having multiple lovers is considered an honor and even a sacred duty.

None of those thoughts or opinions on those two topics (in my opinion) are justified or made "false" simply by weight of plurality. But being limited by limited perspectives, I can't say that my or anyone else' viewpoint on whether or not something is "perverted" is objectively true.

Me? Not particularly no; but such age distinctions, especially regarding sexuality, are quite important for many cultures and legal systems. The topic has, mostly, been about whether or not certain media promoted underage sexuality and attraction to underage persons (and specifically pedophilia as well, not just teenagers). As such I'd been focusing on that aspect.

To me, I don't think that games like "Hunie Pop", or even "Badass" promote anything related to underage things. At least not based on what I know about them (which is considerably less for Badass as all I know about it is on the Steam page you suggested people look up).

Does it contain sexualized characters? Yes, and whether or not that is a perversion and exploitation is a fine discussion to have. However, none of them look like they would be underage to me. Rather than "Teenage at best" it looks, to me like "teenage at worst" (and still the "adult" side of that).

I mostly agree with this. But what I think is interesting is that that evaluation seems subjective here. For me and my perspective (and most people I've seen discussing it), they look older than they seem to look from your perspective. I think that's a really interesting difference.

It's not a judgement as to which perspective is "correct" (though obviously I'm biased to favor my own in this regard).

I'm curious how much of it comes down to different experiences (including exposure to different art styles and/or the real female body), differences in values (for example am I desensitized due to relative apathy on certain subjects? are you hyper-sensitive? etc.), differences in cultural upbringing, etc. I doubt we'd get to the bottom of that over the forum, but it's the kind of thing that is interesting to think about.

SPiEkY and newsbuff like this.
  9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

While you're still active...

Do you have more information on this specifically?

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

violent crime including murder and **** have been in decline for over a decade in both the U.S. and Japan despite violent video games and anime consumption dramatically increasing.

there's many graphs illustrating the violent crime/video game correlation in the U.S.

similar stats/graphs exist which chart specific popular violent game releases with violent crime rates and show the same downward trend for violent crime. also, note that ****/sex assault is included in violent crime.

While violent crime in Japan overall appears to be a tiny FRACTION of what it is in the U.S. and violent crime rates overall appear to be falling in Japan, crimes related to the family have begun to be reported at dramatically higher rates. That includes domestic violence, stalking (50% of which are stalking former partners), and child abuse (80% of which is physical violence with injury). There are numerous factors at play, and according to Japanese police child abuse rates are being driven by the breakdown in traditional family, unemployment and poverty - plus passing of the Child Abuse Prevention Law in 2000 making it a duty for neighbors to report even suspected child abuse.

The problem with blaming crime rate trends on video games and anime is that while they could play some factor, there's no evidence to suggest that it does. There are far larger factors at play - like unemployment, changes to the law, changes to how people are reporting offenses, breakdown in family structure, divorce rates, etc.

Ohmin likes this.
  11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Why should Japanese men commit violent crime? They're too busy whacking off to pics of cartoon children.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Soooo

We can agree that that's a good thing, right?

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

does this count as anime?

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

np weebs

[​IMG]

Ragic likes this.
  15. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Why should American children commit grand theft auto? They're too busy playing the game.

BurnPyro likes this.
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Fixed it for you.

17. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

trucks and knives are being used to kill. irresponsible parents all over this country keep trucks in their driveways and knives in their very own homes! where is the liberal outrage and the call to ban trucks and knives?

18. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

You got me on knives but liberals are out to ban trucks, have you seen those emissions?

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

My 2 cents: I'm not a pedophile and I like the anime. I find the over dramatization on physical aspects on characters go both ways for Males and Females. Every girl has huge tits and a great ****. Every guy has a 24 pack at the age of 14. Personally I find that anime is an art but it is truly trying to catch an audience with viewers, so just like regular ol' TV shows they try to overdo things. Is it right? I don't know. Do I care? Nope.

Sincerely,
    Firk Man Choo

P.S.
    Does it make me gay to watch JoJo? Just a show with a Bane Shift ton of hot dudes doing cool Bane Shift.
    If you haven't watched JoJo, I highly recommend it and also Konosuba is great. Tanya The Midget of War is also great. Though I will say I have a very morbid sense of humor and I love a good brutal gore anime, but that is because I'm the devils minion who listens to that rock n roll music and smokes the cigarettes.

P.S.S
    Also if we are on the whole "PEDO" binge. Western non-anime movies have done Pedo jokes and references before. The biggest one that comes to mind is Matthew Mcconaughey's character in Dazed And Confused. He plays an older(mid 20's male) who likes to party. His iconic line in the movie is, "You know why I like high school girls? I keep getting older and they stay the same" insert a few Alright Alright Alright lines in and the man is basically a jail bait banging turbo sex machine.

Firk it, I'm done. I hate standing on this old busted ass soap box and honestly opinions are like the majority of society. Ignorant, Arrogant, and Boring

Geressen likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Have you guys seen the biggest anime betrayal ever yet?