Does anyone ever run Counterbalance?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by dsjtheman, Oct 10, 2016.

1. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Anyone? I was just thinking how worthless it is. Would be cool if it did just a little bit more like adding a negative when gathering globes.

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

In theory it is good but countering Nora Globes is such a low priority. I think it would be cool if some neat Vegetation effect happened when a friendly unit picks up a Nora Globe. Alternatively, it could turn Nora Globes into a KF version of Blood Balls.

Counterbalance- While this unit is in play all Nora Globes become Arcane Spheres.
    Arcane Sphere- Opposing champion gain -3 DEF for 6 turns when an Arcane Sphere is collected. Friendly champions gain +3 DEF for 6 turns when an Arcane Sphere is collected. No nora is collected by globes.

3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I used to use it back when Negation Mage could grab nora globes within 6 (7?) spaces as a counter nora gen. Once that was changed (along with the other champs that used to do that) I've never thought it worth including.

4. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

great idea bro

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

unfortunately only 0.1% of @Xirone 's great idea make it into the game.

6. Xirone

That you know of....MWHAA MWHAAAAAA MWHAA!!!!

Etherielin, Tweek516 and Elves Rule like this.
  7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Best maniacal laughter EU 2017.

Xirone likes this.
  8. Xirone

To be clear this might be a rune preview. :eek:

Tweek516 and chris0024 like this.
  9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

please nerf

10. Xirone

Yeah, I didn't phrase that very well. Only the champion that picks up the globe would be affected, not all champions. Anyway, it is just an idea that won't be made so.... Pie in the sky!

11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I had this idea while looking at Counterbalance:

Counterbalance

Nora Cost: 30-40
    Effect: While this relic is in play, whenever your opponent picks a Nora Globe up, your champions heal for 25%/50% (not sure which one would be better) of the globe's nora value. Enemy champions become illuminated upon picking a Nora Globe up. Each time an opponent captures a Nora Globe, this relic loses 3 HP.
    HP: 20

This is fairly insane but comes with a steep cost for a relic. It's thematic for KF and it offers some utility even when your units aren't damaged. It's also a nice counter to dark favour and other global effects.
    Thoughts? The idea itself could be impossible to balance and I had a few other ideas for that relic so feel free to smack it. The idea behind the heal was done with globe's nora value being visible to both players rather than the way current globes work.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Seems cool, but a lot of text and different abilties.

13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

It has an extra sentence compared to the current relic (apart from a different effect). :p

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

hahaha sorry on mobile so looked like a lot :p cool idea then :)