Does Magnus need a Revamp?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Legato, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I honestly think this ability is broken beyond measures.

Edit: to elaborate, all Boost: X rank 3 were changed to NOT give +1 SPD, and then this ability is released to not only give +1SPD, but also Spell Resistance and Evasive.. What?
    I'd take these last two for stats buffs anytime of the day, and SP has been cruching on it ever since release. It needs an urgent nerf.

2. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

It was not suppose to give +1spd....

3. Pedeguerra

It always has and it does currently. Unless you think it shouldnt, then I agree.

Baskitkase likes this.
  4. Tarth

I mean it was talked about it losing the + 1 spd in the revamp. I thought they followed through with that statement. That or I am mixing up Boost and this ability discussion.

that being said, it should lose overseer moga outright, and the +1 spd, with either a reduction in range down to 3-4 or the loss of evasive 2 for evasive 1. ( or potentially both with the ability to walk holding the flag as an equip similar to carouse)

5. Pedeguerra

If it looses the +1SPD it will probably be okish. It will be a stronger Shroud, which is already a fine ability.

6. Tarth

Shroud is evasive 2 in an AOE of 2 that costs 8 nora while flag costs 10 nora for evasive 2, overseer moga 3, Spell resistance, ad +1 spd all at range 6. No way you can say it would be balanced even with out the spd at that price, especially when compared to shroud. Evasive 2 and spell resistance alone are 10 nora, AOE version with or with out +1 speed should be more then that.

7. Pedeguerra

Agreed.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Overseer paladin plox

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Yes

10. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Holy Blade looks to be a fun ability, though I'd argue for it to keep 1/2 turns as stacking damage from healing would result in some massive nasty hits in paladins.
    Suppose you could argue that it can be avoided by trying to one round champs but Paladins are sturdy enough for that not to a great option. Since we were speaking of charge mechanics being lacklustre why not try and work them into it?

11. Tarth

Ill just throw my 2 cents in then let it go as its just conceptual brainstorming. Ignorance, inquisition, and book burn are abilities that you want together, maybe not on the same champion in regards to say book burn and the others, but they compliment each other none the less.

Magnus, being one of the 2 leaders of the Inquisition, could easily have inquisition base, which along with the option for ignorance would make him quite the heretic hunter.

As far as resist: magic 1-3 as upgrades or holy blade (equip or ability) thats a much bigger topic that I don't have time to throw around ideas on right now.

12. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Instead I imagined it should/would play like this:
    Heal trigger, whatever the source + x dmg
    Heal Trigger, + X dmg, may no longer trigger this turn.

I think healing abilities have their own classification so I think it would be within implementation to simply trigger when a healing ability is used, rather than each time a unit is healed, that will get bonkers fast, and this way it can be for more than 1 turn, and last 4-6, maybe.

13. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Oh yeah, at 10dmg if it's a per champion trigger rather than overall heal trigger it can totally have a much larger duration.

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Just to simplify I'd say just make it "When an ally is healed this champion gains X for Y turns" I think quantifying the champions healed starts to muddy the waters. I think giving him protective and this new ability would be very synergistic. Gain damage for allies hurt and gain something else when they get healed.

15. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

When an Ally is healed could trigger too much, I'm saying I want to make it so when healing triggers.

Heal Champion is used, 1 count.
    Consecrate is used, 1 count.
    Heal Mass is used, 1 count, whether it hits 1 or 5 units. Get me?

I think this could be done since they stratified the healing between this class and the vampiric healing.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Heal charged exists, maybe use that?

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- It would be controlled then by duration even if buff was simply for 2 turns. So you would strategically plan heals. I understand what your saying , just think it should stay clean and simple. Protective triggering for offense next turn while holy blade triggering a defensive or supportive buff for a friendly "paladin" being healed making it a pally only trigger would help keep it in line as well.