Does the European Union have a foreign policy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Perhaps it soothes you to know that even East Ukraine isn't of much interest to Russia, much less the hardly functional West Ukraine. The baltics don't evne have the peculiar situation Ukraine was in with its split population, so what should ever happen? Besides, I think they are NATO allies, so Russia will not attack them anyway.

If they would, the US could either join military action against said invasion or be a treacherous nation of oathbreakers. Nobody would ever rely on the US again, and the US would then probably lose any leading status it had.

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

this stuff would all be happening first over a huge ocean, and then on the other side of the continent.

it doesn't concern me a whole lot. i was asking mostly to see how people thought about it- i remember seeing something not too long ago about russia stroking their ego along some baltic border or another, and germany being unclear on what its position would be if there was an invasion

seems like it'd be a pretty big risk for the ruski though (i'm part russian pls no ban)

Bellagion likes this.
  3. Boozha

There's a lot of border disputes around the world, many stemming from WWII. Russia will not muscle through their claims against NATO members, though. As impotent as the US is, it still would be suicial for Russia. Unless the US wimps out. Let's hope they're true to their word for a change, eh.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Mostly I think it's a matter of treaties, particularly with other nations (and our bases in those nations) in the region.

So to put it another way:

No, not really.

At least nothing I've ever been made aware of.

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Wait, the EU is actually real?

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

When I was a teenager, I played a game called Aerobiz (and its sequel Aerobiz Supersonic). You could play historical, or go into the future. One of the random events in that game when going into the future was that the EU would form. Another was the prelevance of supersonic jets. I guess they got some stuff right and some stuff wrong. How the world changes...

Ohmin likes this.
  8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Those were really good games.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

KOEI was awesome back then. Uncharted Waters, Pacific Theaters of Operations, Aerobiz.

Now all I see is Dynasty Warriors XVIVIIIAIVIVIVIV.

10. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Are there any pc games that attempt to simulate the current geopolitical state of the world? Not just as a backdrop but as a full game mechanic.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Agree, the advances in supersonic jets over the past 16 years has been amazing. Did you know they actually started on the unmanned retrofit to the F-35 before they started on the F-35 itself? Amazing.

12. Ragic

Automated jets? Looks like transformers got a few things right too.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

wait hold on

are we all pretending you didn't just say that?

Bellagion likes this.
  14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Well, we WERE until you ruined it.

15. Boozha

I love Russians. Fantastically odd people.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I have a russian flat/housemate, he mostly screams angrily at his computer while playing DotA speaks to the cat in russian and to himself in english angry shout whispers. and he drinks meal replacement h̶o̶r̶s̶e̶-̶c̶u̶m̶ shakes.

17. Ragic

Bizarre Foods is about as much of the rest of the world as I need to see. Blood in milk, blood in sausage. Enough with the blood worship you heathens.

18. Boozha

Woo, willful ignorance for the win \o/

Geressen likes this.
  19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Are you dissing Blood Sausage? Them's fightin' words.

Also, I shouldn't really need to say this, but: blood in food does not mean worship of blood. Just like having, say potatoes in food does not mean worship of potatoes.

Finally, have you never had meat that was cooked rare? Because if you have, you've probably had some blood in your food, you heathen blood worshiper!

20. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

You have weird food too, like cheese from spray cans.

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.