done till next expansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Mar 20, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

tonight was literally the worst time playing pox since I returned.

players sitting around in fear of facing a prince leaf bg, waiting 20 minutes for a game, then i get a game and it's against a low rank player, if I face a half decent player he's probably running a prince leaf bg they refuse to que again for another game and I'm waiting 20 minutes again, and it'll probably be against the prince bg anyway.

chopping block deck, and sl over and over and over again if it wasn't a prince bg, that was my day.

it's getting tedious and I'm done till next expansion, I hope things go well till then and good luck.

Hierokliff likes this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

is princeleaf actually playing or is the full shrinerush deck just attributed to him these days

3. calisk

he made it so it's his deck

credit where it is deserved

prince bg's are countered by yeti's, so they are scared to play because they might hit their counter, so they sit around awhile waiting to ambush people, but then the other people are to scared to face them, so noboby plays lol

wouldn't be so bad if the population wasn't like 20, but soko should never have ****ed around with the avatars imo.

that said all he needs to do is stop all the stacking buffs he uses, things like suicide attack, and betrayal, and havoks touch.

time slip could add skirmisher permanently

maybe move the full hp boost from the avatar form to the base form and have no hp gained after transmutation

maybe take prep off hurler, 9 range shrine pop in 3 attacks is pretty tough to deal with

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  4. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah this was pretty much my experience last few times I've logged on, I actually beat him but made me not even want to play anymore. A typical example of how splits ruin the game for the casual player. #bringbackthe matchfilter

DiCEM0nEY, super71 and Hierokliff like this.
  5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

hahahhaha. When longtime vets come to the conclusion I reached years ago playing against bullsht shrine rush splits I lol. I hope anything with siege gets the sht nerfed out of it as well as runes like garu hurler that can get up to 9 range, but hey that was an okay thing to do giving something with that much range preparation and siege . In b4 split bg abusers come to defend their broken runes which should not exist.

6. calisk

Well back in the day it was usually a solitary Garu or an ember wasp in shrine rush and they had to make it adjacent, they needed to find a way around the fortify turn etc.

Maybe it took two Hampshire or at least two rounds.

Now on half they maps it can kill your shrine from over lava or a cliff without ever showing it's face.

It's simply not an enjoyable version of shrine rush to face, I hear it's possible on some maps with the right draw to kill the opposing shrine in 4 rounds

All forms of seige even from bag of holders should be limited to melee

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I really hate facing this BG. Not very interactive or fun.

8. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I don't mind shrine rush decks it's a playstyle in much the same way as say the fs/ud leviathan split, away from the "natural" playstyle.

However things like the stats from suicidal attack shouldn't stack with each other, and I think the double attack equip should be changed, it doesn't really do anything outside of gimmicks. Never seen it used not in shrine rush.

9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

A month free of split decks when playing ranked pvp would be nice. sure it would be fighting 90% SL but that is atleast a bit more fun or a bit more of a fight. Guess its my own fault for thinking of this as a tabletop strategic game instead of a card game

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you have been out here quite a lot. is this that bad? indeed prince's bg is kinda hard to face, but if you know he is queueing then put some counters in your bg.
    btw, i saw gemma with kf, davre with gob king gimmick, tiny with mogas, nep with st/sl/ud meta splits , xazn with fs/ud aggro etc, not that "rushy" meta. maybe it was just a "rushy" night no?

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

that doesnt mean that that bg isnt overperforming and shouldnt be tuned down, but lets not be drastic about it

12. Tweek516

Im not a huge fan of the playstule, but that's not what I'm complaining about. The BG is very very OP ATM and there's not that much you can do vs it. There is counter play, and sometimes you get lucky and he doesn't etc, but definitely too powerful as a whole.

13. calisk

Ya I actually like shrine rush decks. Back in the day rush was a nice change of pace but it's beyond that it's turning the game unplayable and made a terrible effect on just trying to find a game

Honestly I would love to do ff only again with filter but then I think I'd face even more ff sl decks, but I am getting tired of gimmick bgs all I wanted yesterday was some real games

Games where I didn't need to deal with flying 24 speed 30 damage aspect of violence, or ones where every unit I have doesn't get a earth God sigil, or something where I could see the opposing monster before he one rounds my shrine.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    mintdude1 and Axeraiser like this.
  14. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

Nerf timeslip again smh. Anyway, I understand the feeling. There aren't a lot of people playing these days. Avatars are wayyy more vulnerable now than ever before which makes playing against shrine rush cheese all the more infuriating. Back in the day, it was a huge risk to build shrine rush decks or even to target the opponents shrine instead of his units. If you had a non shrine rush deck and went for their shrine it was a huge gamble. Now it seems like every other player I face just starts going for the shrine. I don't know if this is necessarily a bad thing because before it was 100% inefficient to go for a shrine over fonts/champions but now it seems a lot more viable.

I remember when I first came back, and since there was no more scry damage, people would run PoV and that IS healing spell that hurts your shrine, with relative impunity. So I think the avatar change has worked both ways.

Maybe you could just cap the damage from champions to avatars at like 20 or something?

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

back in the day a crazy number of people would see a solitary garu get placed, then immediately scry like madmen and also cap every font they could

it's no surprise those decks beat a bunch of people because, as it turns out, a bunch of people are dingbats

that's the difference between now and then. then there was real counterplay in most games (barring extreme draw situations on one end or the other). now it sounds more like perhaps there's not much to counter with

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

The problem Cal, as usual, is not balance per se - sure the bg is annoying but once it's nerfed something else will pop up - it's the low playerbase. Everything else: balance, bugs, QoL improvements, game direction, etc., with these things we can all live with.
    However, the low playerbase is what's killing this game, there's no denying it. And there's only one way to really solve this problem (don't fool yourselves, the PS release won't change much): releasing Pox 2.0 with better graphics and start over in runes.
    I will continue to preach this until either happens: Pox is over; they decide to do it.

17. calisk

nothing at all really...

he can kill your shrine from any tile within 14 or so spaces, and damage based detection methods won't work because of kf's protection spell.

if you get lucky and find him you need to hope you have enough ap left to remove it or use a spot removal spell if it's available like vp.

their are hard counters, but no counter play like the old days

18. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

When is the next expansion going to be released? It feels like it's been a long time since we had anything new to play with. :(

We've gotten plenty of the player made expansion previews, but to my understanding there is a whole expansion planned to be released before that one.

19. Tweek516

Just midterms I think. Its kinds ridiculous we haven't had them yet though. Been like a year now since the last expansion right?

Pixyrus likes this.
  20. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Man I remember back in the day when I could play a causal game set shrine HP to 20 and play on old circle FW map plop down a frost giant then a goblin archer behind him move 5-6 spaces and one round opponents avatar lol good times