done till next expansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Mar 20, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Not angry, your simply a hypocrite. Acknowledge that your a hypocrite and move on with yourself, it cracks me up that you didn't even last a full week after you went on my thread and ranted.

Also most of the player base does indeed wanna do away with splits in ranked and create a separate mode for them. If a poll was done on the forums without alts it would give a fair idea of how splits have ruined the already small community with cheese bgs.

Splits in ranked have ruined pox as a strategy game

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

meh if you think making a single thread about something is being a hypocrit, when my issue with you was your making far too many then ok, but do you notice how i don't do that to other people when they make their threads, because a one or two is fine, especially if the opinions are orginal and even in the quote I said as much.

I guess I'm a hyprocrit if you believe that

anyway hope me agreeing with you helps you move on with your life, as I said in our last discussion, you have a weird view of yourself that makes discussion pointless so i won't be responding past this point and I'm actually getting a bit of a stalker vibe that makes me worry a bit.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  3. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Is the player base really that low right now? I think when I stopped playing last August, it was either close to a hundred everyday, or a bit over. I've been feeling like playing again, but I can wait.

4. calisk

depends when you play.

mid day you get around 80-100, late night you hit 0-30

when you have a 20 minute wait and no filter with nearly 100 people on, something is wrong =/

5. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

2k elo problems lol.

My matchmaking time is usually between 5-10 minutes at most, but it depends on how many people are in battlegrounds and in queue at the time. I'm also at the rating "sweet spot" thats in between the 1000-1200 and 2000+ players, so I can get matched to any skill level relatively quickly.

Good matchmaking generally happens when there are at least 35 people in battlegrounds.

6. calisk

well i suspect it was the day, might be fine now I have no idea, depends how many prince bg's are on i suppose

at the time the prince clones were playing, and I was running yeti's to snipe them so was just nobody wanting to que, then again when I did get a game i'd lose because on top of not being a good match for sl or at least the aoe spam variant I'm ridiculously rusty with them, and my deck could be improved.

7. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

OK since we are on the topic of Bane Shift bgs can we please discuss Live123 BS bg? how is cataclysm Firking 0 CD and how is seasong a thing xD like when they made the rune .....how can you not see how potentially broken this can be with leviathan or aspect of chaos

Excalibur95 likes this.
  8. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

Was going to add more to this post but yeah... basically this ^

Hierokliff and Excalibur95 like this.
  9. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

For those of us that haven't seen it yet, how does the BG generate charges? I'm assuming he has one champ that's able to generate charges fast and then seasong transfers those charges to deep Leviathan who global nails everyone for 40 dmg. But what's the charge generating mechanism? Im assuming it's something that has fire immune/eater, or that he gives one of those abilities too. And does he deploy just a handful of champs?

10. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

its obviously broken but the devs refused to do anything. this was months ago i made that thread, i stated clearly even tinydragon was losing to this. smart asses came in saying how easy it was to beat and you didnt need a specific modified bg to do it, any will do. just look at live123's win / loss record ffs. its abuse of the highest order!

ive asked for cataclysm and sea song to be nerfed across multiple threads, it never has.

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/just-watched-this.24552/

nepyonisdead likes this.
  11. NevrGonaGivUup

The leviathan/seasong bg uses stitched librarian with spell charged 3 and a ton of cheap spells, like marsh song, cleansing mist, etc. Then the librarian gets equipped for fire eater/immunity and transfers charges to leviathan with sea song, who then blows up the map.

While building up charges you can't deploy any champs other than the librarian and leviathan, but after leviathan gets charged you could deploy some additional champs, assuming they can avoid the cataclysm somehow. I couldn't get it to work when I tried it, but I may have been using the wrong spells.

Not sure how reliable the combo is. If you lose the librarian , or fail to wipe the board with cataclysm, you probably lose. It's definitely less reliable than princeleaf's shrine rush.

12. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Strange thing is all those runes have been out for years. I don't know if that means the pox community doesn't have enough out of box thinkers looking to break things or if some subtle change has happened recently to make the combo viable.

Etherielin likes this.
  13. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

It's kind of annoying that everyone is calling this the Live123 bg. Yobanchi (iirc) developed the deck years ago but it was really inconsistent. "Unfair" decks all benefit from the mulligan/reveal change because they are usually so low on board presence but have lynchpin champs that they need to get out early.

I actually think that the Leviathan deck is more robust. The huge difference is who the clock is ticking for. With shrine rush, every passing turn gives the conventional deck a chance to find and kill the rusher and decreases the unfair deck's chances of winning. With Leviathan, the conventional deck needs to make a move against the librarian before it gains 15 charges, and if you use spells you are adding to the charge count and you are probably going to have to burn a spell because backfire will be up. The deck is also happy to play non-combo tanks early because they can sacrifice as needed for spot nora and 3 charges, so it isn't particularly vulnerable despite the decreased board presence.

Etherielin likes this.
  14. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Problem is that so few are playing, so each time a **** bg is picked in the matchqueue it feels so annoying to face them over and over again. today was a kinda ok day though, lossed alot while testing troll/constructs again its such a bad theme/race in IS that it doesnt matter what i face i expect to lose.
    its either doing like Calisk and leave for a while or just hit surrender and wait for another match instead. Rank is dead anyway without decay, so whats the point with these bgs really?

15. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Look man I think its fair to say I am not a big name and my voice shouldnt count but calisk and ravager have played this game since it was available and when they say something is wrong i think its time we stop and look back at what is going on

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Back to the original concern in this thread which was shrine rush decks became better as soon as some genius decided removing fortify was a good thing...... Gj you just buffed shrine rush. Honestly just kill siege and other BS crap that can be cheesed in combination with stealth. Solitary Garu is better now that he has a buddy who was buffed with preparation (garu hurler).

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

5-10 minutes of q time is not "relatively quickly" bud.
    Back in the old days waiting 5 minutes on q was a lot.

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

leave

19. NevrGonaGivUup

Still faster than league matchmaking.

20. calisk

seems time slipped was banned, now i'm curious how the prince leaf bg will handle after that change, not quite a patch or expansion but things have changed a bit...

doesn't do much to hurler but it has my interest peaked =/