done till next expansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Mar 20, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

it does something in terms of rushing, and also nerfs the sl/kf aspect bg. lets see what happens^^ anyway i dont play much but i spectate a lot, and i really didnt see that much of prince's clone bgs or other gimmick running...maybe you got an unlucky night, calisk.

2. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

I guess at least something is being done, not the change I was expecting but only time will tell.

3. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

Lmao Time Slip got banned. Okay. This game, man. DMR where are you?!

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

11 turn shrine kill decks became the meta thanks to princeleaf.
    Calisk mad cause it was all he fought
    time slip banned
    zorbot mad cause bias

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Well I'm not clear if slip was nerfed cause of this deck or the kf/sl deck.

It definitely hurts the kf/sl deck a lot more then the prince deck

Might just be a coincidence because the kf/sl seems like something Sokolov would tolerate a lot less then the prince one, but I have no idea

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Sok already didn't like time slip, so probably wasn't too reserved about banning it.

7. zorbot

I think Time Slip is a cool spell. It's hard for me to think of a spell like it. It has huge upsides and downsides. I think runes that reward and punish players based on their use of the rune, are good for the game.

It's just funny how fast a KF rune that is already Bane Shift outside of cheese gets banned while ST bonus still exists.

DMR I need you to talk them about balance.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

1. Not sure what you mean by "how fast." Time Slip has existed for ages.
    2. As you said, it's not a very good spell outside of cheese - so what's the point of a spell that can't be allowed to be good because of all the corner cases and abuse angles? Wouldn't it be better to redesign it so it can be a good spell that players can use and rewards and punishes based on their use of the spell, instead of being either terrible or abuse cheese?

Etherielin and nepyonisdead like this.
  9. Sokolov

I don't have much leeway right now to do much of anything other than banning. Time Slipped is being abused in multiple decks (and has long been a problem in cheese decks) so it seemed like a good target.

10. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Yeah I agree, time slip has never not been gimmicky. Would be cool if it was something like target champion heals hp equal to the amount of damage it took last turn, if the units hp drops below 0 it does not die. Essentially a hidden version of impervious? to cost like 45 nora, hidden effect? Maybe too strong but fun! :p

edit: I guess that would play too much like escape magic, nvm me i'm bad at ideas.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    MaruXV likes this.
  11. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Change it so its +1min extra time per turn for the player that uses it and -30sec for the enemy, a way to stress/change the game for a few turns :)

12. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

That's ridiculously OP lol

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  13. Tweek516

How about:

35n, at the end of your turn target champion is relocated to where it started the turn.

14. Tweek516

Only issue is it might overlap too much with strategic retreat.

15. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

The time slip nerf is a great Firking start to out ruling the cheese that has over taken poxnora ... it's a long way from a done deal but salute to sok and the revs for keeping an eye on this

Hopefully skeletons will get looked at one day as @MrBadguy will tell you their meat generation is ridiculous and having surge makes everything worse hopefully they will get fixed in one way (I have no suggestions as of now besides removing summons drop from the relic and also removing surge from them) if that's considered too far I am open to hearing from you guys

16. zorbot

Yes. It has existed for ages. All of the combos that exist now have always existed. Some players complain about it and then it gets nerfed immediately after said complaints. I just don't see the same zeal for other things that are consistently game breaking/OP. For the record, I haven't ran the spell since the first time it was nerfed so I don't really have any stake in this. I think it's already a bad spell and is okay if you abuse it with other things. It can be annoying if you don't have/draw a counter to it but I have doubts about its power.
    Anyway, if your goal is to redesign it, then I have no qualms. Although, would it be possible to look at ST bonus? Please?

17. zorbot

Help me explain why ST is broken.

18. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Not trying to put words in your mouth just wanted you to tell people your win rate with skeles and say ur 2 cents on the topic

Getting recognisable names to say their verdict on themes is the only way a caimplaint gets validated or registered as a serious issue

Again didn't mean to bait you against ur will or nothing

19. Sokolov

It's been on my radar for awhile and complained about for awhile.

I almost nerfed it at the same time I nerfed Tranfusion earlier, but left it for awhile longer.

If it was true that it gets "nerfed immediately" then it would be been nerfed a long, long time ago.

Also, it hasn't been nerfed at all yet. It's just banned.

20. Sokolov

Like what? Most people here would actually complain that I nerf things too much. Now you are saying I don't nerf things enough, and somehow banning Time Slip is an outlier.

Player feedback is so confusing sometimes.