done till next expansion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Mar 20, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Hahahahahaha second post got me

Half of this game is cheese bgs now

Wouldn't it be better to redo chopping block, time of hate, unholy tomb etc as they are all typically in cheese bgs.

What do we define as cheese bgs now ? Basically anything split related is cheese nowadays.

2. super71

I don't know many people that run themes, and even fewer people that run fun stuff because it all gets nerfed when people like calisk complain or some other veteran.

Funny if a new player posted this it would gain no traction, but since it was calisk insta ban. Really shows how lopsided these forums are.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

cheese BG's are BG's made to have very little interaction with the opponent and basically just be an easy win if you get your draws etc and a hard loss if you don't. Those 3 things do not in any way fit that catergory and this comes off as you simply trying to push your shitty agenda as always

Tweek516 likes this.
  4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Cheese is such a subjective term that there's no point even having a conversation about it. Every pox player is going to have different interpretations and a lot of these opinions are going to be tinted by current power levels. I will say that there is a razor-thin line separating themes from goodstuff as dominant deck categories. It could be the warbanner nerf, the commander clawbacks, or something else entirely, but prior to December the meta was dominated by themes with voil, dragons, dwarves, and spirits specifically as top decks. Most top ff decks were themes rather than goodstuff, and at least a few of the people who are now complaining about goodstuff decks helped create the current meta through their constant complaints about said themes. You can't have it both ways.

5. super71

What you described is like the total opposite of what I think of when someone says cheese bg. Any bg can be extremely strong if you get the draws you need ?

When I think of cheese bgs, I think of little counters and your going to be irritated the whole god damn time. Tomb, blocks, and tome of hate all fit that criteria perfectly as the only counters are global relic damage and or seism.

They perfectly fit what I would categorize as "cheese", my agenda while you defend 3 very dumb runes that do global damage and are some of the worst runes to play against in the history of poxnora.

If anyone had an agenda here it would be you, protecting how silly fw is as a faction.

Whatever floats your boat though champ

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok this peaked my interest.
    Should we hope for a Pox 2.0 on the long term, at least?

7. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

I saw MikeLin winning with the prince OTK. He is so noob. He would never get wins if he played a real bg.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Real men play fw vampires.