DOOOOOOM? noooooo FW spell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayscales1, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Kinda hard to play around doom when your opponent has 10 phase shift champs, and soul collection. So when do you get to any use out of your doomed champ.

jayscales1 likes this.
  2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

You obviously Ret it.

Right?

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

^this guy gets it

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I've felt the pain of doom before when the oppo has tons of stealth and are able to avoid contact while they apply it with relative impunity.

But that slow play can be countered by a rush and there is a list no reason NOT to rush FW. So if you spearhead with that champ he'd prob be dying about that time anyway and just try to get the globe.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Hard to play with 10 Soul Collection champions... when there are only 2 who have it now.

Netherzen and Pattn199 like this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Sounds like the result of an 8-part nerf. Thanks alot.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Sorry didn't mean it literally just venting soko. I'm glad your back

8. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Doom is only good versus big guys. Or when you can somehow prevent the champ from doing anything for those turns. I mean you pay 40 nora for something that has a delayed impact. So you have tempo-loss which gives your opponent and advantage for the short-lived. If you rush your champ in and you can do something that's worth around 40 nora (depending ofc, not when you've got them sweet 120 nora super champs #value) you've already made the spell not worth it. And you probably can recover the nora globe as well.

So people get punished for investing to much in 1 champ when playing FW who runs doom (spells like drown also punish you, vertical push maybe as well kinda). And they probably don't play correctly when their champ is doomed. Pls nerf doom it just rekked me. Without realising the drawback it gave your opponent the time between death and cast as well as not realising your opponent may actually have lost nora over the course of his actions in total because you got a lot of value out of your champ in those 6 turns.
    (oh btw I hardly play FW and I don't have doom in my rune collection).

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I think you missed a comma in there. or not.

perhaps there is a deeper complaint represented by this thread. that while you guys gutted champion abilities we never really got that 'spell/relic/equip' revamp. So all the powercreep in the non champ runeset is still alive and well and making a mockery of the champ revamp.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

RIP Kanen Scavenger.