DoT and Stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ifem21, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Now, the DoT for the damage types:
    -Physical: Rend (damage only);
    -Magical: Nothing;
    -Fire: Burn (damage only);
    -Ice: Chill (damage only);
    -Lighting: Shocked (damage only);
    -Psych: Nothing;
    -Sonic: Nothing;
    -Poison: Poisoned (damage, -1DEF);
    -Disease: Diseased (damage, Inhibited);
    -Acid: Scoured (damage, -1DFS);
    -Loss of Life: Soultap (damage, Noragen);
    *Sorry if forgot some type or effect.

We need to cost the ones with additional effects properlly, and/or make new effects for the ones without it. Or all have secondary effects, or none have.
    Discuss, people...

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

These effects are considered at the time of costing the units holding them. Isolated comparisons like these doesn't help at all...

3. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Poison and Disease damage have their inability to damage relics as a mitigating factor.

Soultap doesn't really fall into the format of the other DoTs, though the refund more than makes up for the lower initial damage.

I don't know what Acid's excuse is...

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I think that would be way to OP and it will need to be recosted by atleast 3-4 nora more

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I've always found it strange/annoying that Poisoned and Scoured both give -1 DEF. Would be better if Poisoned gave -1 damage instead; not only does Scoured make more sense in reducing DEF, but with all the amp available to Poison, I don't think they need a simple DOT that further increases their damage. Besides, Poisoned used to give -1 damage anyway (in addition to -1 DEF) so it shouldn't be a tough change to make (just tedious).

Netherzen, badgerale and Thbigchief like this.
  6. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

What if they all had no additional effects tho

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Poison reduces both, still.

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Guess I'm getting old then, I could have sworn they changed it a while ago. Still, for balance/flavor reasons, I think it should only reduce damage. Poison is clearly a cut above the rest of the DOTs (unless you count Soultapped).

9. Ifem21

I understand the Poison and Disease inabillity to damage relics and Shrines, but still, Inhibit is really powerfull, and what excuse do Scoured have o be the same as Poison?

10. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Relics only take dots whrn hit by aoe. attacks dont affect them so they aren't really affected by it.
    And it has always surprised me that only several dots have side effects. But my only prpblem has always been inhibited.
    Acid and poison arent a real problem.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ive been telling them to fix this for a while now and to get dots costed different on range versus melee, they take forever to make the proper changes though. Hopefully they will get to this before 2017.

12. Ifem21

The inconsistency in the problem in Poison/Acids for me. And yes, Inhibit is really powerfull, even without damaging the shrine.

13. Iskandak

so add to
    Burned: this unit is panicked (-4 dmg and distracted)
    chilled: - 1 speed
    shocked: this unit is paralized for the duration
    rend: starts at 1 and increases till 10 unless cleansed

these are of course to overcompensate for the years they did not have a secondary effect

14. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

people don't know how to leave well enough alone I see

Too much healing in this game for you to be complaining about inhibited. Period.
    Nerf Heals, and then you can talk about inhibited. Without inhibited from disease, this game would be dominated by healing- which it already is.

If this is the level of OP you guys think inhibited is equated to, I truly disagree with everyone here. This is lunacy

themacca likes this.
  15. Ifem21

The problem is not inhibit itself, I think the effect is fine, but the cost of Diseased being the same as the others without effects, even physical, that is a common type of DMG is costed the same.

And I agree, Iskandak ideas are OP, not even close to be balanced.

16. Iskandak

I was joking, next time I'll alert you beforehand.

17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Dot's are fine, out of everything that needs changed in pox dots is not one of them.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

removing additional effects is a bad idea and so is giving bloodied to a dot that already reveals stealth... bloodied is only useful in 2 theme both of which currently suck... why the heck would you give bloodied to a dot, lol...

super71 likes this.
  19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Everything will always be an issue with range, that will never change sadly. They are all pretty even i'd say considering poison dots and disease dots don't hit relics. Scoured could probably get a 1 nora price bump for each lvl however i hardly see why it's worth the effort when so much in this game needs looked at first.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the chilled, charred, rend, etc dots need a secondary effect. abilities on ranged vs melee can be balanced but players would have to help them with this alot(help, not mess them up even more like what often happens on these forums) the devs would fail miserably at fixing this themselves, -_____-.