Draft/Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kendoshi, Oct 4, 2017.

?

Would you like Draft/Arena to return?

1. Yes, I like drafts.

100.0%
  2. No, I hate drafts.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Hey community!

Draft is amazing game type that is really fun to play for beginners and veterans alike.
    • As a new player you get to know runes and combinations you never would have thought of
    • As a veteran you have fun playing with stuff you usually don't or you get to play with runes you forgot existed
    There are also several other reasons from a company standpoint to bring the game mode back:
    • Additional revenue is a big point. With a good implementation, there could be a steady income for Desert Owl Games
    • A new mode keeps the game interesting, besides standart PVP or Campaign Play
    • Possible of bringing weekly drafts and tournaments back, if the feature is implemented with entry fees like MTG has
    "That sounds fun, why was it removed" you might ask? The reason for removing it, I honestly don't know. Why it wasn't brought back I do know first hand from the devs: "We can't bring it back, because of gambling laws in the US"(2-3 year old statement).

In the recent times, many Cardgames with Draft modes were released. Hearthstone is a good example. It isn't the typical Draft like back in the day, where you could keep your cards(MTG has it still), but Arena.

My question to the devs: Can you bring back draft/arena? Did the laws change by now?

My question to the community: would you like to see draft/arena return to pox?

Regards
    Kendoshi

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

the draft/arena discussion comes back time to time, and I support it completely. Poxnora's drafts would be the best occasion for a new player to learn while playing without having to grind too much to get a full bg, and also some fresh air to test skills for older players. Unfortunately, its not something that can be accomplished easily and fast, and devs are struggling with other priorities like getting the client in better shape. They are aware of the feeling of the players towards draft/arena, and im sure its on of their priorities after the bugs/client problems get fixed.

Kendoshi likes this.
  3. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

I voted yes simply because new game modes keeps things interesting like OP mentioned. But... what exactly is it? I'm not familiar with it at all, dont play those other nonsense games!

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

it would be a game mode where you dont use your owned runes but you "buy" (be it with ingame or outgame currency) access to a pool of cards from which you choose some to make a bg on the spot, and play with it vs other players with similar builded bgs. usually if payed with ingamecash you dont retain the runes after the arena. if payed with real cash you might retain runes after it.

DonK101st likes this.
  5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Can't because of cheating and gambling, at least that's the last I heard the main reason was gambling somehow ?

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- You just make it free...and call it a beta and no one keeps runes. I would play it all day

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

make it payed with ingame currency, you dont keep runes but you get a special rank ladder for it. a lot of players would play it all day

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

When I drafted an LE Inquistor Magnus in 9 ticket draft and realised I kept it, I was hooked on this game mode. They really need to bring it back.

soulmilk likes this.
  9. Jbafofi

Jbafofi The King of Potatoes

Totally what Pox needs, I was going to make a thread about this very thing myself.

Pox is dying and it seems the driver(s) is asleep at the wheel.

Single player dailies and campaigns in the same shabby state they were in five years ago, with bugs preventing victory on some games (after like an hour of play) and some shocking imbalances with difficulty - the savage tundra protectorate map is like playing vs Tiny Dragon while the rest are total childsplay.

I'm sure many here will pooh pooh the idea that single player is important at all, but believe me it is. Solo play is where new players will play, for weeks if not months, while they learn how to play, accrue runes etc, and while many maps are fine, many others are not fine. Honestly, I could spend a week playing through most of the single player content and make hundereds of notes about where improvements / bug fixes / balance issues are needed to round the experience out, but I'm not about to do that because 1 I haven't been asked to and therefore would be wasting my time, and 2 because I don't actually think there is the will at the top of this game to fix it.

Anyway, apologies for the digress.. yes to drafts.. do it do it..

Do something!

Kendoshi and Hierokliff like this.
  10. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I feel cheated because of my 100+ ticket count. Might as well just convert tickets to something instead of saying "we'd like to bring draft back" for 5 years or whatever.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I've been saying for years they single play is where they need to expand and make 2 versus 2 bots versus humans an option also that way friends can play together versus bots without the nonsense of 2vs2 people.

Everyone wanted to fix rank forever, and now here we are all those people wanting ranked fixed no longer play or play 1 game a month. Many online games now thrive because they give people the option to play against bots or people, league, smite, and many others.

Not everyone has the time required to compete against other people, especially in pox with thousands of runes and probably millions of combos. I mean Bane Shift, we find a new broken combo every other month still.

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I'd love to get a Draft mode back into the game.

There are 2 primary implementations I am interested in:
    • Asynchronous Draft: You draft on your own, and play the drafted deck against other drafted decks. This method is increasingly popular among modern card games and solves the problem of traditional drafts needing a set number of players and having to wait for people.
    • Keep and Give Draft: You and an opponent each are presented with a series of 2 cards from which you pick 1 and give the other to your opponent. Repeat this 15 times and you end up with 15 cards that you picked and 15 cards your opponent didn't pick.

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i sincirely like both, in second case is very interesting but maybe it shouldn't be done each match, or it would take quite a lot of time just to draft and the ragequits at a double leg would be not a minor problem.

14. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Thanks for the confirmation that you didn't forget about this awesome game mode. I would honestly spent a fair amount of my money on drafts, because that gamestyle is the one I enjoy the most in card games. Do you have any update on the gambling laws issues? @Sokolov

15. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah the first is like what hearthstone uses and the second is like what Clash Royale uses. Both satisfying and fun... Heathstones is not free... clash royale's is free on a rotation. Either way, I play those when they are free as well