Draksar Buffs/Ideas n Ranges

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by GAIAMASTERakaNANI, Jan 5, 2017.

1. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

GAIAMASTERakaNANI The King of Potatoes

Hello everyone.

I've been watching all SL games i can, and most of the cases i tend to watch the one that are being played with Draksar theme. I could notice that in the moment, we're lacking in some points ; RNG and a diversity of abilities. Most of our champs abilitites are basically Battlemasters, Drives... . Since the nerf (atleast for me) on our faction bonus, we are being taking down pretty easily by ranged champions, abilities or spells eve
    Its easy to find a counter to our Regen (wich became an upgraded ability in most of the champs) , in most of bg's. Outranged most of times. And when we close the gap, well, there's UD, with solid DMG and low cost spells to back them up.
    So, this is just my vision of what could be added on some champs. Please feel free to add any info to this post, or disscuss about it.

Straight to the point.

Champions

Blackscale Centurion - RNG 1-2, Boost : Weak, Command : Charge or another ability like Shroud as @themacca stated.
    My PoV : I feel like this champ doesnt know his role. Is he a support ? Frontline ? I know he can be a tank with 3 DEF and his HP (via bulwark, banner...), but the 6 SPD and RNG 1 make him meeh. There's other good options to deal damage and tank atm, and since with the release of Phalanx, i dont see use for him, Temple Guardian and Valdaci Shieldwarden > Centurion anytime.

Draksar Bookburner - RNG 1-4, -1 DEF to compensate ?

Draksar Constrictor - Regen 2 Base

Draksar Doomsayer - Unlock Level 3 Ups (Antagonize, Fear, Spellwallower), DMG 12

Draksar Explorer - Desert Camouflage or something like Veiled Flight+Stealth, Pathfinding
    My PoV : Draksar have like 3-4 runes that are almost the same, give this guy some thematic skills or something to differ EVEN MORE, from Forerunner, Pursuer...

Draksar High Priest - DEF 1, Flamestrike Base, Unlocks at Level 2 Ups ( The 3 Regen ranks), Unlocks at Level 3 Ups (The 3 Resist Magic ranks)

Draksar Interrogator - Class : Warrior, DEF 1, RNG 1-3, HP to 46 from 51 to compensate ?

Draksar Legionnaire - Enduring Aura Base

Draksar Marine
    - SPD 7

Draksar Persecutor - Unlocks at Level 2 Ups (Regen 3, Power Attack 3, Berserk Attack 3)

Draksar Shifter - Unlocks at Level 3 Ups (Calcify, Scale Armor, Subsume)

Draksar Spellsword - Unlocks at Level 3 Ups (Magical Attack), Or Magical Attack Base
    My PoV : It would fit well. And would give a nice RNG option to Draksars and SL, since we lack a GOOD RNG unit and most of our equips got gutted, and capped at RNG MAX 2, lul

Judge Torien - HP 44-46, Judgement Base

(There's missing champs i need to add, but im in my job right now, i'll add it later)

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would argue against making Regeneration 3 the only option for Regeneration on any SL champ. It voids the faction bonus as well as the rank of Regeneration granted by Empathy.

ptjimbo and Kampel like this.
  3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

You say that SL main problem is the lack of RNG and ability diversity and that all Draksars have is statcking(stat stacking) but all the changes you are proposing are plain buffs instead of changing the core design of the rune or tackling one of the themes problems..

A couple changes i would make:
    Draksar Constrictor:
    U1: +Supression

Draksar Marine:
    U1:
    Dive 1, Dive 3, Charge 3, +Swap

Draksars have a mess of repetitive Upgrades and "Violent" base on too many champs even when they are not supposed to engage combat in phalanx tactics, Doomsayer is a lone wolf but has Battlemaster and Violent..

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Blackscale centurion certainly doesn't need any buffs. As he is one of the best melee tanks in the game.

Couldn't possibly disagree with your high priest suggestions any more. With sermon mutate and regen high priests already fill one of the best support roles for draksar. Wanting to remove his diverse upgrades for just regen ranks makes no sense to me as well.

Huge giant no to giving torien Judgement on base since that would throw His cosy to the high 80s.

5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I hate the current Centurion design, its just a stat bag with boring upgrades.. would like to see it with spear-like abilities like Impaling Strike but as an upgrade.

6. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

Lmao you guys are dumb, play dragons. But yea, call to war draksar + sand + desert camo, enough said...
    edit: also draksar lord + mine field

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I made some small changes to a few Draksar for next patch.

ormen, gundahar, aseryen and 2 others like this.
  8. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

I cant wait :)

9. lifetaker

lifetaker Devotee of the Blood Owl

Draksar are fine how they are. I run multiple draksar bgs with much success.

Just give them a good ranged unit that we as SL can't abuse and OP like we did to Archer