Draksar or arthropods?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by edmek55555, Feb 15, 2017.

1. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I want to make an sl deck but don't know if I should go with draksar or arthropods. Any suggestions?

Kampel likes this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Skeezick

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  3. edmek55555

No interest in skeezick. I know they are easily the most popular SL bg but I rather play something I enjoy

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Draksar are decent but they're also a pretty exo/legendary-heavy deck if you want to get the most out of them (centurion, valdaci shieldwarden/commander nisk, ravenspeaker, draksar high priest, flagellum of chains are all the best champs for their roles). SL arthropods aren't much of a cohesive theme unless you want to play myx, which are also nothing special.

If you have money/collection to spare, play draksar
    If you want to win, play dragons or goodstuff
    If you want to learn, play skeezick

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think SL players are pretty well split between liking Draksar and Skeezick. I just happen to be one that prefers Skeezick. As davre said, Draksar currently have more exotics and legendary runes that are seeing use currently. I haven't tried playing arthropods in a long time, so I can't really comment there. From what I've seen, Skywings/Dragons are the top SL theme right now, which davre also mentioned. Since I play more single player, I can confirm they're all viable there.

6. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Arthropods don't really have their own theme in SL like they do in UD but nevertheless they can work as a base for a meta list.
    Something like:
    [​IMG]
    The only real incentive to run a bunch of bugs is the Updraft on Myx Hurricane imho. Helps that it works with Imperators.
    Can do Commander Myx Broodlords but I prefer mobility from Spider Frenzy + Trample.
    Locust is by far the best arthropod in SL but he doesn't even have racial synergy and is better off in sand.
    On second thought, sand is the REAL theme for all the random creepy crawlies in SL.

SPiEkY and fattyy2k like this.
  7. edmek55555

Thanks for the info guys! Now I don't know if I want to make an arthropod deck just to say I managed to make a semi viable one in SL or go draksar and try to pick up a couple legendaries/exos over time

8. Dolcebrodude

SL/UD arthropods, it's time

9. edmek55555

I was thinking about that. Standard UD spiders, throw in some broodlords, daggerpede, magnepede and locust and you got yourself a bg

10. Dolcebrodude

Was actually looking at Sunderpede as a potential meta include with Inhibiting Touch + Portal Walker to firk up some side fonts for 69 nora but generally I find the 'Pedes a bit too gimmicky.
    Locust is always good though. And Broodlord is okay. Sandlion and Hurricane can let you run actual ranged units in Spiders too.

11. edmek55555

I am always a sucker for gimmicks Haha. By running daggerpede with swap and regerate seems like it could have potential. Ill have to see what runes I can obtain then go from there

12. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Sand is the best theme period :)

darklord48 and SPiEkY like this.
  13. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Draks have more options and playstyle flexibility. You could easily build a deck BG with all Commons through rares and then add exos and legendaries as you acquire gold n shards. Draks def have more game mechanic synergy to include having spells and equips designed for drak bgs.

I think in FF SL arthros really only have creep and crawl and that mobility granting ability on beezskeez.... Unless you go heavy myx, in which case your arthros BG is going to start looking like a myx/sand BG pretty quick. I'd also want 2x locusts right away which is bigger initial investment than I think draks would cost you.

Also, mutant farm animals is the best SL theme.