Dread/fear rune ideas

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Bondman007, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

So I like messing with the fear and dread BG and was thinking of a couple of support runes for the theme. These came to mind:

Halls of Nightmare
    Forsaken Waste Relic, 20 HP
    Cost @30 nora
    Effect: Opposing champions without fearless that move within 3 spaces of this relic become feared (meaning melee would not be able to attack the relic if they moved in the same turn).
    "Only the bravest souls would ever enter these horrifying halls!"

Mask of Dooming Visage
    Forsaken Waste Equipment
    Cost @40 nora
    Effect: Target undead champion gains dread
    "This mask is as eternal as its wearer and even more intimidating..."

Call of the Souless
    Forsaken Waste Spell
    Cost @35 nora
    Effect: Target undead champion gains Psychological Warfare (permanent) and opposing non-undead champions within 3 spaces without fearless become feared for 2 turns
    "The horrific screams of the damned leave their mark etched into one's soul forever."

Let me know what you think!
    Bond

2. sWeNibor

sWeNibor I need me some PIE!

Hi!

Halls of Nightmare: I like, Same kind of relic as Prismatic Crystals. Would be nice. Could change name and make it a ST/FW then it would benefit Yeti BG

Mask of Dooming Visage: Seems kinda strong with spot dread. Considering it is stackable with other dread. But there are plenty of ways to shatter theese days.

And Call of the Souless. A nice spell. Perhaps decrease cost and dont make it permanent. The value one could get from it is kinda scary.

3. Bondman007

As suggested!

Frozen Halls of Nightmare
    Forsaken Waste/Savage Tundra
    Relic, 20 HP
    Cost @30 nora
    Effect: Opposing champions without fearless that move within 3 spaces of this relic become feared (meaning melee would not be able to attack the relic if they moved in the same turn).
    "Only the bravest souls would ever enter these horrifying halls!"

4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I like them, especially Halls of Nightmare but I think it would need to do more than it does. Afterall pacified from crystals is a lot stronger than being afraid of that one relic - and it doesn't even see much play.

If you could give it some other fear type mechanic as well -- dread might not be quite enough unless the relic was very cheap.

5. Bondman007

I considered dread but honestly thought that would be way over the top... ultimately, though, dread would be awesome to put onto this...
    But what about Frightful Aura (3)? That could be interesting...
    Gives a -2 Dam debuff to opposing champs within 3 spaces and +2 Def to undead...
    Plus fits into its whole fear demeanor

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    sWeNibor likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I like the thematics here of all of these, but isn't Halls of Nightmares just a lesser Grim Well? (Well, Grim Well is amazing, so it's relative.)

The Dread Mask is one of those that is hard to justify running, I think, given the nature of equipment, especially at 40 nora. It might need something else.

7. Bondman007

Cool, thanks for the response. Hall of Nightmares would certainly be weaker than Grim Well, but again, its main purpose would be to help support fear/dread theme.
    As for the mask, I figured spot dread could be extremely powerful. Perhaps start it out at 25 or 30 nora and see what would happen then or maybe even 20 since it does have an "undead only" clause to it. In some situations the spot dread could be very tough. Might could even give the equipping champ "Fear (3)" ability which would certainly help cement it into those themes.

8. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

no to spot dread, way too powerful. i have a dread bg too.