Drunken crossbow (IS)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by xRugolth, Mar 1, 2014.

1. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

dwarf with foam from the ale still around the rim of his mouth and his eye on tha sight of the crossbow

Text: Never the wrong time to drink ale

Race: Dwarf
    Class: archer

78 nora
    Rarity: rare
    10 attack
    6 speed
    2 to 4 range
    3 defense (only causes hes a dwarf)
    46 health

Attack: arrow physical

Rover:Reflex 1 hit and run and precision, carouse , intoxicated, drunken fire (after this unit gets equip wit carouse it randomly hit opposing champ in his range at the begin of each turn)

With the upgrades barrage 1, preparation, strike, and suppressing fire

Hes more of a mid range poker/ finsher but even if position right can soak up a few hits from melee champs and if is equip wit carouse can really be big trouble for enemy champs

His draw backs would have to be his mid range of course and what to do he gets rushed by melee champ if he is near a font and his drunken fire ability also has a draw back(the champ has no choice on target at begin of turn soo if only champ in range is a champ thats guarded by RD this champ would take that damage

The reason the role of this champ isn't being filled now is cause any mid range champ dwarfs have (besides windfury sweep) is pretty much screwed if it get rush by a melee champ but drunken crossbow does it using his position on the map cause of the rover: reflex and his great poking ability with hit and run helps him move in and out of the enemy range even after a attack and using tha barrage for the double tap And suppressing fire and also drunken fire this champ does get alot of free attacks but against the champ thoose attacks can cost you

The reason for his drunken fire ability to only active when carouse is equip is to not to make him to strong from the jump and give opponents a chance to remove that ability with shatter I would like to see more dwarfs gain another ability unique to them after the receive there carouse makes people get back to the roots of playing dwarfs if you want your Champ to reach full potential

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Dwarves have several good long range champions: scarlet wings, griffin riders, dwarven magisters and dwarven mortar crew, and many more. But they have less short-range (with 2 minimum range) champions, being dwarven windfury the only one seeing a little of play.
    What would you think if drunken crossbow became a short range champion (2-4) with added tankyness? it could fit a role in a dwarf phalanx, specially near a dwarven king, where squishy champions like scarlet wings would be too exposed to take advantage of warcry.
    I would change his defensive capabilites to with the range change.

xRugolth likes this.
  3. xRugolth

What would help add tankyness to him, and if I decrease the range would I increase his speed by 1

4. GabrielQ

Increase his HP to 46, raise his defense by 1 or 2 points and make it so he receives the same bonuses as brewmaster when equipped with brew instead of modifying his speed

xRugolth likes this.
  5. xRugolth

Thanks for the advice ill make some changes and repost vhim

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

The base idea is interesting, but as GabrielQ suggests it could use some tinkering to fill that mid-ranged role. The ability reliance on carouse may be a little niche but a cool idea. Is there an existing ability that already relies on carouse or similar equipment?

More community suggestions would greatly help flesh out this character.

Also, try using the template in the New Rune Suggestions thread. It will help with the presentation.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    xRugolth likes this.
  7. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Yes, Brewmaster and Drunken Thug receive an extra 1 AP, and an extra rank of resistance-physical when equipped with Carouse. Also exists the ability Provision, that in Master Axeman grants him Block and Riposte when equipped with anything.

xRugolth likes this.
  8. xRugolth

Thanks for the feed bac all gon continue to edit and tinker with it

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Okay, the only thing I would say to take into consideration is making sure any new abilities world be functional on multiple champions, so they can be reused in different combinations.

xRugolth likes this.
  10. xRugolth

But the new ability would be unique to drunken crossbow (to go wit the concept of drunken fire) random fire to any enemy in range

11. GabrielQ

In this regard, I think that the "ability" that brewmasters, drunken tough and ironfist brawler have (receiving aditional bonuses from black label brew) should be made into a passive ability saying "when this champion is equipped with a blacklable brew, it gains X and Y" and this new ability could be implemented in the same way.

xRugolth likes this.
  12. xRugolth

Would you recommend me takin up his attack

13. GabrielQ

Sure, what is more important though, is making the champions cleaner, using as few abilities as possible. If we look at the heavy crossbow equipment, it says 12 damage and strike, so we could make that his base abilities alongside drunken crossbow and let the other to upgrades like this:

Nora cost 78 75

DMG 14
    SPD 6
    RNG 2-4
    DEF 2 3
    HP 46

Attack: physical
    Strike
    Drunken anger : when this champion is equipped with blacklabel brew it gets an additional +1 SPD, +4 HP, +1 AP and an addition rank of Resistance - Physical. This would be the ability of brewmaster. drunken thug and ironfist brawler
    Drunken crossbow misfire: when this champion is equipped with blacklabel brew, it makes an attack against a random opposing champion within his range at the beginning of it's turns.

Upgrades
    Precision
    Suppressing fire
    Farshot 1
    reflexes 2

And then, to not put 2 "drunken" abilities into one champion and to make drunken crossbow splashable we remove drunken fury for some stats and a cost reduction (def to 3 and cost to 75) and rename drunken crossbow to drunken shot or drunken misfire.