Dunewalker's Fieldguide to Sand

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by fattyy2k, May 6, 2015.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I added a few spells that work well with the BG, fixed some typos, and added an example of the sandstalker lords tankiness. I also bolded abilities, underlined runes, and soon shall italicize effects

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  2. fattyy2k

added snogvie and updated the BG. Added some edits according to the coalitions changes and I may continue to do so. As I trudge through ranked I am learning a few new tricks and problems and as I hammer them out I will update the guide. I am also trying to get videos of my sand game recorded to demonstrate the startegies

3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

The mighty Snogvie... I missed him there X))

4. fattyy2k

I also realized I missed sunderpede :p I will have to add him here in a bit

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I strongly disapprove of Sandspout being rated higher than Thaw.

Thaw is baller.

6. fattyy2k

Ha to each his own :p the ONLY thing about thaw is it is a direct counter to ST just as boil is to FS. other than in those match ups or on certain maps, thaw sucks lol

7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Cheapest spot sand gen in the game. Huge aoe. I'm telling you, it "can" work. At least better than Sandspout does.

8. fattyy2k

It has higher risk and higher payout in that respect. But in most match ups it's a dead card slot. I don't recommend either

9. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

Hey, so I messaged you a few days ago saying I was gonna try out sand, and I went from unranked to mid exo with it. I started with roughly what you were running and made some of my own tweaks.
    Here's what I use-My Sand Deck
    One thing I've noticed is the great amount of AoE. Locust, Imperator, Alpha, wylder and even snoggles all make it where your enemies should space out or get punished. On the other hand, units with combat awareness really give me trouble (manslayer, bulwark). I agree with your sandstalker/lord ratings, but sadly not the scorpion's. I would put him at a 3/5. I really wanted him to work but in a lot of cases he is too big, too slow, and doesn't pack enough damage or utility to make it worth playing him. Locust absolutely has his way with the wood elemental engine decks and really any summoned unit deck.. As you can see, I prefer the bug tracker, but not by much. I don't think you need two of either tracker though, as the deck isn't inherently slow, and sandstalker is a good 7 speed option that's in there x2. Varu dragon just gets demolished before he can really do anything in my experience. I think he needs more range or tankyness to be useful. I tried sand spitter as well, and without mantle he is really lackluster in terms of damage and utility. Alpha's become a god with mantle and snoggles is himself.
    I'm gonna keep trying new things and see how far I can take sand.

fattyy2k likes this.
  10. fattyy2k

I agree on the scorpion after I have been ranking with the deck. I swapped him out for sand ele as an experiment. I really like the alpha, I just have a hard time with his price as I always want to make him maxed tough. I think j just need to buckle down and accept tough one and use his at his cheapest. I also agree with only one detect. I really didn't need the two like you say we have the sandstalker for speed. The varu dragon is my current experiment and if I don't like him I will run the alpha in his place. And you are right, the AOE power of this deck is awesome especially with the alphas. Locust is definitely a key rune I think to the deck. His AOE is just too useful to add to your units damage. I think I will up his rating. I just didn't find the tracker as useful as the kanen. I love his traps and didn't get too much usefulness out of the bug. And yes those guys with combat awareness can be an issue. What is your in-name? I want to watch some of your games.

11. Raxar

Raxar I need me some PIE!

IGN is Spartins, and I might be swayed off of the bug soon but declare target has come in clutch in a few instances.

12. fattyy2k

I really like your BG. I don't like running both DB and Quickening due to cost, but other than that, I like it. I think it has really good staying potential. I totally forgot about transfusion and will work that in to my deck.

13. fattyy2k

I am currently editing this to the midterm releases and the doomies legendary resurgence. After the next patch I will continue to do so to keep it current and updated.

I added doomie and sandkip

14. fattyy2k

Added some details and champs while also working to finish updating. Only on my phone at the minute so not at full editing compacity. Still looking to post more example BGs up!

Anima26 likes this.
  15. fattyy2k

Have done some more edits including adding a time stamp to info to ensure its clear how old it is. still working on it. Also added two BG screenshots (probebly gonna redo them, they are rather large.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Very nice to see you uptading the guide, ty a lot :D

17. fattyy2k

I am trying :D I still have to add a couple runes and change a few things, but it's almost up-to-date again

Ifem21 likes this.
  18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@fattyy2k I want to work with you on this.

19. fattyy2k

What do you have in mind?

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Was hoping to help you format, and possibly test some theories with you for runes. Help keep this updated an all that. Lovely guide, just needs some upkeep.