Dunewalkers Mantle

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Anima26, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I feel like there are probably stronger runes you could be running in its place, or maybe people arent running enough shatter. It is 25 nora which is the only reason i considered running it, but it still fell short of other runes, be them relics, spells or equips. Maybe i can learn to like it but its a shadow of its former self, meanwhile Forge Hammer is still sitting there providing twice as much damage as Dunewalkers.

2. Milos

Milos The King of Potatoes

Honestly didn't want to comment,bat dune walkers mantle is exo rune and now can be change to common rune or some Bane Shift..... coz what is so exotic about domain sand and less dmg from range, when i play sand decks only thing a need from dunes mantle is +5 dmg and nothing else and that is only reason why this rune is Nerfed .

BAT ITS OK TO HAVE +7DMG on snake blad +other stuff and forge hammer or f u hammer ....... its just ok to other factions have large dmg bonus bat not sl even if u have to play specific deck to even get it still denied.
    So in conclusion MY OPINION is that dune walker mantle now is a peace of pox and need to be changed ......

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Anima26

The Dunewalkers Mantle, before it was recently nerfed, was the main reason to build Sand modules, imo. Siroco is decent but Mantle was the premier sand rune. It still does the same job to a degree, just far less powerful. 4 damage on a double tap instead of 14 is quite a nerf. Id rather it have kept Sandstriker and lost domain so it could still serve its purpose of being a damage buff but be toned down by 2/4 damage and no longer granting 1 def/mobility. People seem to like the new cheap version but not me personally, it hasnt found its way into any of my sand decks. I think it was nerfed mainly because it was a little too good on ranged champions. Before its nerf it was seeing a ton of play as pretty much a 2x auto include in sand decks. Throwing on stuff like Imperator, Harbingers, Bolters or Sandsnipe was crazy good. Guess its a tricky one to balance. Blade of Snake is limited to melee so thats probably a bit more balanced. I am just sad that in my eyes its not worthy of a slot anymore in my sand decks when it was one of my best runes before the nerf. I think it was over nerfed personally but thats just my opinion.

Milos likes this.
  4. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I have kept 1x mostly for nostalgia, but honestly I kinda want to remove it for a more competitive rune. I like the durability it adds but I feel like it is just missing something... something to make it feel like a true exo. I think it granting desert master would be a cool buff, but I worry about cost at that point. At the moment it isn't bad, just not great

Anima26 likes this.
  5. Anima26

Its just not strong enough to warrant a slot for me. The idea of spot mobility can be good and its a weaker dmg boost but still, limited space and Mantle dont make the cut.