E3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by KTCAOP, Jun 10, 2014.

1. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

For anything and everything regarding E3!

Any thoughts so far? I missed part of the Nintendo Press Conference =( though Dragon Age looks like of cool. Makes me want to actually go back and play those DA games that I haven't played yet.

2. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Palutena in smash tho.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I didn't play DA 2 because I was frustrated with how broken up the original DA was into DLC packs. I yearn for the days of Neverwinter Nights when you bought a game, then later an expansion pack or two would be released. Something that had almost as much content as the original game, but since it wasn't on a new or updated engine, wasn't released as a new game.

4. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Zelda looks beautiful :')

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Battlefront 3 looked pretty sexy. I actually raised an eyebrow at how seamlessly they transitioned from movie footage to gameplay.

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

So there are rules about what you can call an expansion and what you can call 2.0? dog has said they've been doing work on the poxnora 'engine' too yeah? wonder why they aren't calling it pox 2.0. you would think that would be a bigger draw than just 'new management'.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I don't think there are rules, but in the past that seems to be how developers determined what was an expansion and not a new game. Even new games on the same engine I never had issue with. It is only the incessant microtransactions where you pay for another zone, character, or other piece of an RPG that frustrates me.