Earthgod Sigil vs Full Plate Armor

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Rapidice, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Just started replacing Sigil with Full plate Armor in my BGs. I want to share my thougths here.

> Same nora cost (25)
    > Both grant Lumbering and Earthbound
    > Earthgod Sigil makes champion leave a trail of lava, which cripples your enemy positioning, even more if you put it on a 2x2 unit.
    > Full plate armor can be used defensively, best use I've found is in side font battles of melee vs melee, and also prevents spot removal.
    > When ussed offensively, the defensive stats granted don't bother me a lot; usually the unit I put the negative equipment on won't be killed soon anyways.

Just want to hear community about these 2 runes. I prefer Full plate armor because i like the flexibility of using it both in offensive/defensive ways.

2. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I was under the impression both were shoeboxed, so i'm glad to see them getting use! I don't think I would ever use full plate armour offensively, though. Unless perhaps it was a ranged unit that NEEDED extreme mobility, and i had plenty of attacks that would bypass armour.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I have an EGS in every deck pre revamp. But I also ran 2 agents and 2 Roughneck for a really solid stealth harass game

I've got nothing to really replace the Roughneck. So I might look to remove that portion of my bg.

I like the lava trail way too much to use the armor.

4. Ginx

Ginx Member

Also though both of these runes were dead. Haven't seen anyone use them in years. egs for catching high mobility/ranged champs. fpa for font contesting. Why not use em if not for these points I wonder

5. Muddled

Muddled Member

I still use EGS in about 1/3 of my IS BGs. It's a wonderful neg equip