East Coast: Whiter than the Oscars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

we are not allowed to discuss drugs here @DarkJello get your pocketfulls of heroin out of here.

2. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

We live in an age where people get freaked out by a couple feet of snow and get banned from travelling, can you imagine if something dangerous actually happened?

Stay indoors peasants! you cant handle some snowflakes.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

DJ promised me deaths, I demand blood.

4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

People have already died. Dancing on their warm graves is discouraged. Your move sir.

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well sezz says they are wusses,
    also graves are hardly ever warm.
    that's just cruell you heat them up AFTER they died of snowstorm?

I don't like dancing.

6. DarkJello

Not what he said at all.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

then how did they die if nothing dangerous happened? give me percentages!

8. DarkJello

January 23, 2016

At least 17 storm-related deaths have been reported, according to The Associated Press.

More than 50 million people are likely to be affected through the weekend. The full forecast, including predicted snow totals, can be found here. For archived reports of the storm, click here.

This storm has become of the of biggest snowstorms on record for the mid-Atlantic, dumping over three feet of snow in parts of Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia.

http://m.accuweather.com/en/weather...-storm-severe-weather-ice-south-2016/54927448

January 23, 2016

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – For some of us, being holed up at home is bad enough. But some travelers were stuck on the Pennsylvania Turnpike for nearly 24 hours. The westbound lanes were cluttered with tractor-trailers Saturday.

Some had jackknifed, others got stuck in the snow. Truckers and other drivers ran into problems on the steep hill just before the Allegheny Mountain Tunnels near Bedford.

“Authorized service has been working at pulling them out all night,” said John Maurer with the PA Turnpike.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/01/23/hundreds-struggle-while-stranded-on-pa-turnpike/

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

think it's mostly died down where i'm at

hella snow, dog not happy

DarkJello likes this.
  10. DarkJello

Glad to hear.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yeah Firk the happiness of dagda's dog!

12. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

not my dog

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

"well Firk it's happiness and yours"-DarkJello

14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

properly speaking, that should be "its", not "it's"

also i'm surprised he could be quoted as saying such a thing, it seems out of character

DarkJello likes this.
  15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

pffft, everyone makes mistakes, he says he is glad to hear the dog is not happy several posts above this one.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

so he doesn't say "well Firk it's happiness and yours", is what you're telling me?

gerb...

have you *lied* to me?

BurnPyro, DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no.
    yes.
    maybe?

18. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Side issue granted, but let me answer the question albeit with a question too. If people don't act in responsible manner in general in a blizzard what business do they have electing their own leaders (living a democracy or republic) or living in a society based on the principles of liberty? Frankly I don't think the people would have behaved that much different if there had been no travel ban.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. StormChasee

It looks like this storm lived up to its hype.

20. StormChasee

It set the record for snow in a storm in Baltimore and JFK and nearly so at Central Park. I would say that's proof of this storm being something special.

DarkJello likes this.