Elder Scrolls Online :D

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Firk, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

3 days left for us with preeorder. if anyone is interested some old pox guys made a guild

http://hipstersonacid.com/

Its on Daggerfall Covenant side.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I keep missing all of the betas.

But people kept telling me it wasn't really that interesting.

3. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

In my beta experiences all I really walked away with was a feeling of meh. I hope I'm wrong and the game turns out to be amazing, but sadly I'm not overly optimistic.

4. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim, but I'm not sure how well figuring out how much crap you can carry and if a 10lb axe worth 50 gold is worth more than two 5lb axes worth 25 gold translates into an MMO.

5. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I belive you have a set number of slot and it dosent matter if the axe is 10lb or 5lb it just goes into a slot in packpack

6. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

I got into beta and it was dreadfuly boring. And they expect you toopay monthly fee + having a cash shop + you need to pay $20 more for the CE to unlock the imperial.

Will go f2p in a year.

7. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

The game is not good enough to bear the pricetag it has. Was in the Beta thrice, still not impressed.

FF:ARR has more potential to be the next big MMO than TES:O, IMO.

8. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

EQnext looks to be the next benchmark in mmo's.
    Edit - and no I dont work for soe :p

9. PharumM

PharumM Member

ESO is such a disapointment :(
    darkfall is basicly the same game and bettter already pfffffffff
    its like v2 now but v1 was so epic it genuinely felt like a really good "elder" game

10. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Sounds like a lot of you have been either expecting much too much from the game, or expecting something the game was never planned to be.

And how is Darkfall the same game? They have completely different target audiences.

11. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

There is a lot of bad comments and a lot of bad press, the game only really starts once you hit level 10 and you start seeing things - which is a problem, they sort of fixed it by making starting islands optional, but it was far too late to really remedy that. You should watch Angry Joe's review of the game, where he bashes it for being a low budget Elder Scrolls game, and then his second video where he has a complete change of heart after doing some PvP and getting out of starting islands.

12. KTCAOP

Well, it's not so much about unrealistic expectations really. I was just told it was boring/not interesting. It's an MMORPG, if that is all that there really is to it, there are many, many other MMORPG's, some of which I volunteer for.

But I guess I would say that for me to really get involved into another MMORPG, I should be expecting a lot out of it, or, I will just stick the other MMORPGs I do play.

13. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

That, right there, is pretty much a contradiction ;). I do understand the sentiment though, it is yet another fantasy MMO and I wouldn't expect everybody to like it, but at the same time I think there is enough substance to it for people who do stick with it.

14. KTCAOP

It's not a contradiction. I don't feel that I have any unrealistic expectations about the game and as I said I missed my opportunities to be in the Beta so I can't really comment. I was told it was a fairly standard MMORPG, which means for me, it would not be enough for me to split away from the other MMORPGs to join into it. And I have played quite a few MMORPGS.

Shaiya, Last Chaos, Dream of Mirror Online, Pi Story, Cronous, La Tale, Maple Story, Runescape, Dynasty Warriors Online, Twelve Sky, Twelve Sky 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine, Grand Fantasia, Eden Eternal, Turf Battles, Luminary, Dreamlords, this is maybe about half of the MMORPGs that I have played in my online career.

In order for me to join this MMORPG, I would have to leave other places where I have already committed a lot of my time. It would have to take something really special for me to join, I was told this was not something really special, so I won't be joining. So unless my "unrealistic expectation" is an expectation that is overwhelmingly low, I don't see how what I said is contradictory at all. I never said it was a trash game, I never said it was a great game, I can't comment on the game because, again, I missed my opportunity to play it.

But I'll say it again, I don't have any real expectations of Elder Scrolls online. I've yet to really even play much of any Elder Scrolls game, I started Morrowind and felt completely overwhelmed because I felt like I had no direction in the game at all, I had no idea what I was supposed to do or where I was supposed to go after the sewer and dropped the game. I mean to pick it up again in the future, but I don't have really any information at all to judge the game, theme, or anything really.

So again, in conclusion, if I am going to pay to play this game, I feel as though I would really need to see something really, really special about it. From what I have been told, there is nothing really, really special about it. So I won't be joining. Doesn't mean it isn't a bad game, just not a game that I am willing to invest my time and money in at this moment.

15. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

Fair enough mate. The game is not revolutionary, but there are few things that keeps me captured which I don't see in other MMOs, or don't see as well implemented at least. Then again, I didn't really want to discuss or try to swing people one way or another here either, especially not 2 hours before headstart :).

Cheers.

16. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

I would give it a shot if there were a trial, but I'm not going to pay money to try a game that people aren't saying is the next coming of Christ.