Elite Blade

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by GIFTbr, Apr 3, 2014.

1. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

Elite Blade - 35 nora
    Targed non-Hero champion with a nora cost greater than 90 gains +10 HP, +2 DEF, +2 DMG and a melee attack with CD 1 that costs Attack -1 AP.
    Targed non-Hero champions with a nora cost of 90 or less gains +5 HP, +1 DEF and +1 DMG.

Note: I have all KF runes up to Broodcall exp, no clue about new runes.

Looking for champs with 91+ nora cost i came with only 5 possible champs:
    - Elder Garu
    - Forest Lerper
    - Thirion
    - Timber Wolves
    - Wilderkin

I should use it only in Elder Garu and Thirion, and back before SOE, Elite Blade was made to be equiped in right upgraded champs, mainly in Ranger and Ranger Elite, its their weapon for god sake...

Elite Blade should get a little buff decreasing the 91+ to, at least 80+ champs to add:
    - Angel of Restoration
    - Avenging Algel
    - Elven Mage
    - Garu Primitive
    - Kthir Doombringer
    - Pox Renovator
    - Wood Elemental

Or even less to 75+ nora champs to incluse, among others, Ranger and Ranger Elite:
    - Archer Commander
    - Enraged Grizzly
    - Garu Chosen
    - Ranger <<<<<<<<<<<
    - Ranger Elite <<<<<<<<
    - Solitary Garu
    - Tireless Harvester
    - Vashal Druid
    - Wisp

Or if lower the cost its not the way to go, just rework it a little to become a ranger equip, its equip:

Elite Blade - 35 nora
    Targed ranger champion gains +10 HP, +2 DEF, +2 DMG and a melee attack with CD 1 that costs Attack -1 AP.
    Targed non-ranger champion gains +5 HP, +1 DEF and +1 DMG.

rickyjpen likes this.
  2. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

Depending on how the revamp goes the Elite Blade may become a viable equip again.

But that is purely speculation, I like what you have suggested here :D

3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

i think lowering the cost of the stat bonus for starters... then would be cool to have a ranger clause in there... target ranger gains the two remaining upgrade choices.

4. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Target Ranger gains remaining upgrades, target non-ranger gains class:ranger (but not the upgrades).

dsjtheman likes this.
  5. dsjtheman

i like

6. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

So like a equip form of Wish?
    Could be decent, what Rangers in particular would benefit?

7. dsjtheman

maybe it still give the stat increases that elite blade does now (the higher end stats) to every champ equiped to but without the basic attack it gives. So, take away the nora restriction by giving the same stats across the board... instead of there being a basic attack given there would be the ranger clause there instead. That way, the equip is useful outside of rangers, but better used with the ranger theme.

not sure if that would be op or not, just thinking out loud.

Rangers that have 4 useful upgrades: Civilized Wilderkin, Enforcer of the Circle, Ospryan Valkyrie, Queen Anaru, Ranger (so long as you first picked reinforcement), Ranger Elite, and Vashal Ranger all have 4 upgrade choices that are very good choices.

On a side note, id love to eventually get a ranger with Train:Arrowshot. Would really make the melee heavy ranger theme a lil better.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  8. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

To build on this, there are some great Rangers in FS, IS, and UD. Don't forget that Reno's are all Rangers as well.

Only grief I have with making a "Wish equipment" is that Fairies already have one (Crown of Petals).

9. RedDain

But that ONLY works that way on Fae... on any other race, it removes all upgrades and gives Pariah...

10. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

But at this rate, if all we can come up with as a community for out of date Equipments is "X Class/Race champion gains its upgrade abilities," then we might as well just make one for each Class/Race. Why not? Tundra and Peaks Amulets are out of date and there are certainly more than just those two.

I'm not saying the idea is bad, but if sprucing up each theme comes down to giving more upgraded abilities, it would be much more beneficial to look at the theme itself rather than changing an equipment. Dsjtheman mentioned that Rangers need more range, maybe that needs fixed first.

Also, it comes back to what I mentioned earlier. Unless I'm missing information from the greens, we don't know how the revamp will work in the Elite Blades favor (if at all)

11. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

Not from a wish, just to be usable again.

The KF rangers, like Elite Ranger, Ranger, Elven Fury, Falconer, and all other KF rangers.

Yes, after knowing that i just do not know if add a ranger class thing should be good, the others faccion will use it better than in KF, like every spell/rune/equip on KF...

12. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I think it should be kept in the ranger theme and the nora cost minimum should be scrapped.

Equipped ranger gets the full bonus, non-rangers get half the bonus.

Only considerations are that this equip would be pretty strong for Boas, Anaru, and Enforcers. Particularly strong on the Renovator, and if I ever get my way, deadly tracker will become an archer/ranger and this equip would be very strong.

KF has very niche equips right now. Who runs anything but oak seed, rejuv ring, covenant, shimmering flower, or withering fern? There is a few frostcall quivers and thats about it. I think we could use a nice equip in the mix.

13. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

yea as it is now all other equip have more use in a bg than the elite

14. RedDain

I run Crown of Petals, and sometimes Special Prize. Crown of Petals in particular is amazing.

Tarathil likes this.
  15. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Decrease the threshold to 80 Nora, and make it an IS/KF split rune.

16. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

Hell no!

17. Prami

Why not? It fits the flavor text.

18. RedDain

Better to remove it from the Flavor text (i.e. make the quote from an elven artisan instead of a dwarven weaponsmith), otherwise we'll see Fist of Bastion with elite blade, and that would make me cry even more.

19. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

nowadays is player want all th kf stuff XD

20. Prami

Fist of the Bastion needs it's own changes mate. Elite Blade is not it's problem.

But yeah, what you suggested would work too. It's just that the applicable rune pool will be small for KF, even at 80 Nora. It makes more sense to split it with IS. Then again, the 80
    + pool for IS is gigantic.