Elsari bazaar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Sep 1, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Still a thing eh ? Also graveyard still making real champs ? I thought these were both fixed months ago ?

Basically turn 1 my opponent deployed lerper, turn 3, he moved is lerper 9 spaces to mid font via bazaar, placed a graveyard down and capped his bottom font.

5 font map with lava surrounding mid font

It just felt like the game was decided turn 1 because bazaar is broken. We nerfed all of k'thir because they were capping fonts to quickly, yet bazaar has remained and might just be the worst offender of font capping abuse ever.

I don't mind graveyard making real champs, that's whatever but give them font ignorance for ****s sake.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Graveyard is fine and nerfing it would knee cap some FW themes. Elsari Bazaar is definitely the strongest of its theme. Anyway Super what is your input on the new legendaries?

3. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

i think you need to chill with graveyard super.
    the only valid point you have here is about elsari bazaar.
    its mostly a relic thats balanced in fw and but only gets out of hand in splits.
    i have a simple and final solution to your complaints super and from those like you.
    just make shrine exertion give font ignorance for 2 turns after usage. ( im i genius or what? :D:cool:)
    honestly sometimes i amaze myself.
    you know what lets just undo the previous nerfs it received and make this change.
    its a shame though this idea came to my mind just now. ( as i was actually around when the previous elsari bazaar nerfs came )

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Vorian likes this.
  4. free20play

and you know what it also just came up to my mind.
    a way to basically balance early game font rushers and ap gen.
    what we could do is just basically hand out varying degrees of short-term font ignorance to balance them out!
    like lets say if elsari bazaar(and some other ap gen source) were used during rounds below 10 it'd hand out font ignorance for 4 turns after usage instead the 2 i just posted before.
    and for rounds above 10 to 25 it'd go back to two turns of font ignorance.
    and once rounds have passed 25 it'd no longer grant font ignorance anymore.
    and you could have this same drawback placed on other early game ap gen sources such as initiative and any font rushers people complain about.
    and also how about this?
    champ units with 8 speed or above start off with font ignorance on deploy and it disappears after 3 rounds has passed.
    and the best part is all these numbers aren't set in stone. so if they are too effective or ineffective all we have to do is lower or increase them!

5. free20play

oh my god i just realized theres a huge flaw with giving out short-term font ignorance to every 8 speeder,font rusher,and initiative unit in this game during the first couple of rounds!
    but i think i've figured out a way around it.
    the only problem is i'm not even sure whether its possible the fix is codeable or not?
    basically what it boils down into is that certain fonts on each map ends up being capturable even while the font ignorance debuff is up.
    namely those near the owners shrine while those further away would still be uncapturable during that time.
    and as for some maps with two or more fonts near the owners shrine.
    well some leeway would probably have to be made. (on a case by case basis; i.e. so maybe more then 1 nearby font on such maps could be capturable? )
    or we could scrap that idea away and instead code it so only the nearest font to the initiative/rush unit upon deployment is marked as capturable? ( simpler i guess and gives the player control?)
    ( either way we'd need some sort of visual marker on the capturable fonts;so the player knows where to go )
    and so with these fixes most players wouldn't be effected too much except those running rush cheese. (as for them i've melted their cheese)

6. free20play

i still can't believe i spent near half a day thinking all of this up.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

'
    yeah me too

Bondman007, Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  8. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Give the Bazar the opposite of preordained? It can't be found turn 1

Etherielin, super71 and Vorian like this.
  9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Accept that it's a card game and sometimes stuff is more valuable early in the game and move on?

Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

kf can get a turn2 9spd flyin champ easily.

Etherielin and Vorian like this.
  11. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

This is why Elsari Bazaar is balanced lol.

12. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

This triggers me.

13. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Maybe the maps are the problem?

I've never liked that UD map.

14. super71

I said leave the skellys as real champs but give them font ignorance. Multiple times I've seen graveyard dropped and spawn a real champ to cap a font. Or in this case cap 2 fonts on turn 5,

My point is we removed most of the rushy tactics from kthir, removed most 8 speeders from everywhere, and rebalanced the maps to eliminate these sort of situations. Yet bazaar and the graveyard cheese remain, which has been being abused for a while now.

15. super71

Why

16. super71

Maps aren't the problem, bazaar is the problem. If we move mid font further either way it would make it unbalanced.

A simple solution to contesting fonts and early caps could be making fonts smaller. This makes them easier to defend and obviously moves them further away from all cap zones.

Instead of current fonts being what they are move them in 1 square in every direction.

This eliminates how overpowering range is, eliminates early font cap abuse, makes fonts easier to defend by moving them further away, and makes less space to cover when defending fonts.

Also it would be a simpler fix than rebalancing the maps again and changing all the champs with high mobility again.

17. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

elsari bazaar is a real op problem. even when not used to contest early... you will probably lose mid font from it anyway.

i play fw never played bazaar.

dont agree on the rest of what super said.

18. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

As people have already said there are other ways to rush mid font. It would be better to balance the maps and eliminate any chance of this than nerf one rune that facilitates it.

19. super71

That's why I suggested making font zones smaller

20. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- So let's count the variables... have to pull Lerper/graveyard/elsari baz in first 3 turns. Not too hard I guess then be a on map where this is relevant, ok now we're getting a bit deep. I just worry we are slowly destroying the early rush tactic as a viable playstyle...and just always calling it cheese. Reality time, games need to be shorter...much shorter...not the same amount of time and definitely not any longer. It shouldnt be a rush fest...or a cheez fest...but viable or not. It can't be a turtle fest if we are gonna get traction