Elsari Bladewitch

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Fikule, May 10, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Elsari Bladewitch
    Faction: Forsaken Wastes
    Race: Human
    Class: Witch, Rogue
    Size: Small
    Rarity: Common

Artwork: (Example art by gregmustache & hbdesign at DeviantArt)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Flavour: "A witch often needs to adapt to the magic she naturally excels with. A Bladewitch can often enhance her own senses or enchant her weapons. Both in rare, dangerous cases."

Nora Cost: 73 (base + upgrades)

STATS
    Damage: 12
    Speed: 6
    Range: 1
    Defense: 0
    Health: 45

ABILITIES
    Attack - Physical
    Throw Dagger [CD: 2 AP:+1] (This unit makes a physical dagger attack at range 2-6 and causes Eviscerated 4 and Bloodied for 8 turns) [9 Nora]
    Trickster
    Elsari Coven

UPGRADES
    ---Upgrade 1 Choices---
    Bloodtracker (When this unit is deployed, the nearest opposing champion becomes Eviscerated 3 and Bloodied)
    Veiled Detection (This unit gains detection 2 while Stealthed.) [2 Nora] DEFAULT UPGRADE

---Upgrade 2 Choices---
    Armed: Aim (While this champion is equipped, it gains Aim) [4 Nora] DEFAULT UPGRADE
    Armed: Dispel (While this champion is equipped, it gains Dispel) [4 Nora]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. Fikule

Basically she fills two roles.

1. Detection in witch BGs. She does this with her Throw Dagger ability and her first upgrade choice. With Veiled Detection she can reveal an enemy and then keep them revealed with her daggers. Or she can use Bloodtracker for the initial damage and possible deploy reveal.

2. Equipment support/offense. Based on her second upgrade choice she gains a benefit from having an equipment.
    Armed: Dispel would suit equipment such as the Stitched Hex Doll, allowing her to act as a full debuffing support utilising Trickster with Hex, Curse, Throw Dagger and Dispel. Another option might be the Ghost Pendant as she can pick it up and drop it without losing stealth.
    Armed: Aim allows her to go on the offensive with equipments such as the Sacrificial Dagger/Mindflayer or, in a Siphon BG, possibly the Tempest Crown. Aim also helps the Throw Dagger ability.
    Both equipped abilities allow her to trigger Trickster.

Veiled Detection is basically a form of detection that is countered by detecting her first. So long as you can see her, she can't see you. I named it Veiled Detection to match Veiled Flight. Another name for it might be Infiltration.

No idea what her cost might be, but I figured Armed would seriously lower the cost of both Aim and Dispel.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Veiled Detection can probably be simplified to Detection 2 while stealthed. It's more complex than necessary right now.

Let me just say that Armed is the coolest idea and I am honestly surprised that it hasn't been implemented yet. Super flavorful, simple, and applicable in a number of situations. Seriously it is so cool.

4. Fikule

Yeah, Veiled Detection seems simpler as just detection 2.

Glad you like Armed :p

5. Fikule

Updated with new ability nora costs and unit nora cost (Bok Raider used as base)

6. Fikule

Updated the cost again. Gone from 83 to 78 based on the new Bok Raider cost. (new algorithm changes)

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

trickster and throw dagger would make people so mad. So mad.

8. Fikule

Yuuup :p

But her point is she would not usually be going in to melee.

She uses throw dagger as her damage, essentially halving her damage per turn in exchange for safety. The loss of damage is supplemented by eviscerated.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014