Elven BG + need some tips

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Mama Burger, May 19, 2014.

1. Mama Burger

Mama Burger New Member

Hey guys it's my first time posting on the forum so please be indulgent :)

So here's my Elf BG and i'd like some tips on how to improve it. (My budget is kinda limited so please take that in note) : http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C2=ctyChxc5FC4fct_c6JcpBchkcjbc8bcfxc3Fs5s2@S1asLr3nr2Yr+r3frUeWe2Fe29eM

Also, I feel like I never know what champions I should deploy and how should I position my units while fighting heavy beater (such has demonvein)

Thanks a lot for your help and GL on the battlefield :)

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Your champion selection looks just fine. I'd reduce the number of equips to 2 and put some more spells in like Time Slip or Treefolk's Blessing. I usually would say to reduce the number of relics as well, but in a dedicated Elf BG there are too many good ones (I myself run the same relics in my Elf BG). You may have trouble with champs that need melee attacks to be killed since you are low on melee champs, but your deck is pretty solid for an Elf-only deck.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

From your bg I would drop prodigy + burning oak seed and include some melee punch, anaru (pretty cheap in poxbox) comes to mind as she also brings divert and detection also. I think I would cut a apprentice too to include a civilized wilderkin, that can output a lot of burst damage and will help you against those hard to deal with beaters, and I would cut the shimmering flower to include another spell (that would be two more if you count the burning oak seed, a horn of order would be a good option for a slot also)
    To deal with almost anything that is hard to kill, you have the deadly trackers, if you get them rolling they'll kill anything, and you have the ways to negate counters like demon shield and righteous deflection in flamemage and guardian of the circle.
    If it's too early, try to delay them with control like divert, cast ghostly visage, deflect, pacify and vortex and try to setup a kill aided with shade/wilderkin, slapping a fern on them is a good idea too if you can.

4. Mama Burger

Mama Burger New Member

Thanks a lot to both of you for the replies i'll try these in game :)