Elven Bg

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Grandpa69, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Grandpa69

Grandpa69 The King of Potatoes

Hellow guys , I made this thread because I want to make an elven bg but I'm new with KF , I played a little bit meta but not enough to decide what runes I should include in that kind of deck bcs lots of stuff like colosal get nerf. I would apreciate your help :) Ty !

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

There are so many elves that you can put a lot of personal touches to your deck. With that said, the elves really are strongest when you can stack support abilities like Battle Hymn and Battlemaster. For this reason, Elven Strategist and Elven Bard are in all my elf decks. I always include Elven Archer and Deadly Tracker for range. I like to use a few melee champs with Evasive like Circle Messenger and Wilderkin Snakedancer. Throw in an Elven Artisan, with Recycle, for anti-equip. I also try to make room for a Firemage for Cleansing Flame. Really, though, there a number of good options.

As for non-champion runes, Elven Statue and Epochal Oasis are great. Reclaim can save you if used at the right time. Frostfall Quiver is quite nice for the cost. Try to include at least two AoEs. Carnivorous Vines is very cheap and useful. I am probably forgetting some other obvious includes but, hey, this was just a quick post. Hope this helps!

3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

every single champion you just mentioned is OP

OchiK likes this.
  4. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

5. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

Nooo he didn't mention falconer or bard!

Edit: nvm he did mention bard!

Woffleet likes this.
  6. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Wow, grade C troll posts. Thanks for your constructive feedback :rolleyes:

As far as staying on topic goes, I put Elven Taskmaster in every elf deck I make. Commander: Elf is AMAZING! There are lots of options as far as elf decks go so be creative and find what fits your playstyle best.

EDIT: Also Boa is still a solid addition to elf decks. His nerf was appropriate and he is still viable, just not god-like anymore.

7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

@xezno

Grade C? You must be in a better mood than I. ;)

Elves are 1 of many great themes in Pox currently. And they always should be, since this is a fantasy war game. IMO of course.

8. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Personally, I'd give them an F. Lack of creativity, herd mentality, really bad logic (elven archer is OP? strategist I could give them, but archer?) :p

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Xirone

There have been many posts about how to address the various elves that need a touch. In an effort to be more constructive, what would you propose as changes for all the elves I mentioned?

10. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

Pariah and lumbering on all of them.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. DarkJello

Now I am angry!!!! So angry I want to murder 17 chocolate chip cookies, and then eat them raw! xD

12. Grandpa69

Wow guys , I didn't expect so many replays that quick . I really apreciate , you were verry helpful,ty! :)

13. Grandpa69

14. Xirone

OchiK and Woffleet like this.
  15. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Point proven

OchiK likes this.
  16. Grandpa69

I hope I will :D

17. Xirone

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you that some elves are very good and that they work well together. This thread is meant to help a player make a good elf deck instead of debating the nerf status of elves. There are many, many nerf elf threads already. Karma is even working on some which Gedden will then put his own touch on. It is not a matter of if but when.

ChiaoLung and DarkJello like this.
  18. DarkJello

Clearly you do NOT understand the definition of "proven" sir. Get educated. Then come back and apologize.

Xirone likes this.
  19. DaPoxagon

DaPoxagon Member

This build has too much range and is very weak against beater styles like UD. 2 or 3 good melee champs against this build would bring it down quickly. Sub in some Boas at least for tanking support and more board control. However, if hit and run is really your style, then move in one more Messenger for Relocate, at least one unit with Swap like a Page or Ghost Stalker, and a Wizard of the Ways. This may make up for your lack of melee control.

Try this and see how it works.

http://poxbase.com/deck/CtiChxcJc54c5Fc6JC5Achkc52c8bc3FctucoQs1-s1as5Ws4Ks2tsLr2Yr+r3frUe2Fe1Ie2ue2w

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  20. Grandpa69

excluding the nectar fairy a falconer and an archer . with the archer I agree but idk what to say about the runes you include . Wizard of the ways too expensive, circle mess for me is just a good early deploy to take fonts/relocate and the ghoststalker is nice imo I will think including one . Ty!

ps: what do you think about experimental warspirit?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014